adidas D.Rose 4?

The Boardwalk colorway's upper is made of synthetic leather.

I know, but that colorway is too out there for me. I'm hoping the upcoming red ones with the grey heel are some synthetic leather or synthetic nubuck material.

So he has a torn meniscus.it was a strange injury. Looks like his knee just buckled, can't blame that on the shoes. Just another Freak injury. Espn just said 4-6 months if he plays it safe. Knowing how long he sat last year. He'll play it safe and shut it down. I bet adidas is freaking out. They haven't even got the rose 4.5 out
sick.gif
hope rose recovers fully.
He's out for the season.

Guess those Rose abibas ain't bad at all. Might as well cope a pair now. Impossible is nothing. 

Man Ive wanted this from all brands for a while now even though I dont believe Rose's injury was from his shoes or that I ever blame a shoe/brand for an injury. Thats why I like the new Chris Pauls and why I liked the D Rose 3. Theyre made of leather or synthetic leather at the very least. All these plastic shoes have an uneven distribution of weight. The sole is heavy and the upper is super light. Feels weird. I wish the D Rose 4 was made with a real leather upper on the front half to give the upper a more substantial feeling. The Melo M9s feel like an older school shoe too. And the amount of NBA players you see wearing retros from the 90s/2000s show that theres a market for heavier/more substantial performance shoes made of leather/suede.
I know they're not the prettiest shoe, but Way of Wade's are probably one of the best built shoes right now. Real, primo leather and everything. Heard a lot of good things about them. 

Shoes now have too much traction for NBA floors.

Kobe 8's Rose 3 and 4, 28s..... 

All awesome on dusty rec floors.......absolutely OD on NBA floors.

When some Questions that are skates at the Ymca become glue on the NBA hardwood, you know its overkill in some 28se.

If you have ever caught unexpected traction while skimming your foot above a clean floor an almost buckled your knee you would realize that too much traction can be dangerous.

I will also point out in the case of Drose that his ankle braces may be taking the pressure of potential ankle rolls and transferring them up the leg to the next joint.  Something has to give somewhere.

too much traction + removing the ankles ability to roll + being extra explosive + always going 3 hunna percent =   suit and tie at the end of the bench.

I stopped wearing ankle braces when i felt my knee take a roll one day.

The lightweight nature of derricks shoes mean very little  when he is braced up. That protective ankle roll that saves the knees is not able to happen for derrick tho.

When some Questions that are skates at the Ymca become glue on the NBA hardwood, you know its overkill in some 28se.

If you have ever caught unexpected traction while skimming your foot above a clean floor an almost buckled your knee you would realize that too much traction can be dangerous.

I will also point out in the case of Drose that his ankle braces may be taking the pressure of potential ankle rolls and transferring them up the leg to the next joint.  Something has to give somewhere.

too much traction + removing the ankles ability to roll + being extra explosive + always going 3 hunna percent =   suit and tie at the end of the bench.

The lightweight nature of derricks shoes mean very little  when he is braced up. That protective ankle roll that saves the knees is not able to happen for derrick tho.
^this is the reason players are getting hurt, not necessarily because of the brand. Just the way the shoe is built, the superflexible upper allows all the pressure and torque from the players cutting, stopping, jumping, etc and moves it up the legs all the way to the knees. Before the midsoles of the shoes used to be the weakest parts and that's why we saw more players with ankle injuries.

how do these fit compared to rose 3? im a 12.5 or a tight 12 in those and wondering if i could fit a 12 or 13 in these. Im a 12.5 or 13 in kobe 8's as a comparison.  

You nailed it 2 Tone, it's disgusting that extreme cost-cutting by sneaker manufacturers is putting player's careers at risk. Put Rose in some AZG-Lebron VI, Jordan XXI or Questions.

Come on now guys, you can't believe that the shoes caused it.

Ankle braces...I'll buy that a little, but people pros have played in all sorts of shoes and hurt themselves. Back in the day, it was just a "blown knee" and not an ACL.

I think it def is a factor along other things. The body is one kinetic chain. He never had issues before...if every year he works harder gets leaner etc that's more jumping driving and if his body can't cushion the blow due to lack lack of nutrients muscle...wouldn't one think to add impact displacement ie cushion ?? Obvi people tear acl in different shoes but we all know adidas has horrible cushion, why would a minimalistic shoe be benefitiAl to a post rehab player

So he could have the same issues with Nike's version of the plastic BS materials?
Nah. The upper hyperfuse aka plastic on Nike has nothing to do with absorbing the impact from jumping and running. It's about the cushion. Nike offer better cushion imo. If you have all the Roses from 1-4 you will see that the cushion in those shoes is very minimal. Rose is a high energy high flying guard so cutting, jumping and running up and down for 30, 35 minutes a game takes a lot of toll on the knee and back. Imagine if Rose sign with Nike and they give him a full length zoom air base shoes like Lebron II or Zoom BB 1/2. Imo the zoom cushion in those shoes would be ideal for him.
Yup. That worked for Kobe, Ricky Rubio, Steph Curry etc...
Come on man you know Curry have chronic weak ankle. Kobe is just old and has too many mileage and Ricky Rubio got hit in the knee.

Rose hurt his knee from non contact. It has to be the shoes at least in someway.

You honestly think if rose didn't simply ask adidas for more cushioning they wouldn't have done it? He's one of their biggest athletes. They'd do whatever he asked of them.

Drose isn't the smartest crayon in the box, I mean dude got caught cheating in school. Plus the Chicago medical staff is Known to overlook things

Come on now guys, you can't believe that the shoes caused it.

Ankle braces...I'll buy that a little, but people pros have played in all sorts of shoes and hurt themselves. Back in the day, it was just a "blown knee" and not an ACL.
Yea but back in the day the players didn't run as fast, jump as high or cut as hard as today freak of nature athletes.

I don't believe shoes is  100% responsible for injury but wearing the wrong type of shoes or cushion might contribute to the many factors that lead to injuries. Just imagine a guy who run fast, jump high but wear a shoes that have minimal cushion for 82 games + playoff, 35 minutes a game etc. After a while the knee and other joints will start to wear down.

You honestly think if rose didn't simply ask adidas for more cushioning they wouldn't have done it? He's one of their biggest athletes. They'd do whatever he asked of them.
Im not sure if Rose himself know much about shoes or the technology. I doubt NBA players know about shoes technology. Yea they might know about the style/look of the shoes but a lot of players might not be aware of cushion and its correlation to their game/style of play. Also what other cushion can Adidas come up with beside Eva foam? Their cushion is very outdated. At least Nike have things like zoom, air max, lunar etc. Adidas only have foam base cushion in their tech.

I doubt most nba players know about shoe technology and I'm certain Derrick rose is at the top of that list. He cheated all throughout high school and had someone take his sat. I also highly doubt adidas wouldn't give their top athlete the best tech possible.

I saw pretty much every d rose 3 at the orlando premium outlets when I went easter weekend last year so I guess the 4s are headed their as well when I go for spring break. Will definitely get the ray purples maybe the red/grey ones as well.

Last edited:
Yea but back in the day the players didn't run as fast, jump as high or cut as hard as today freak of nature athletes.

I don't believe shoes is  100% responsible for injury but wearing the wrong type of shoes or cushion might contribute to the many factors that lead to injuries. Just imagine a guy who run fast, jump high but wear a shoes that have minimal cushion for 82 games + playoff, 35 minutes a game etc. After a while the knee and other joints will start to wear down.

:rolleyes

Athletes today are better because they know more about training. "Freak" athletes have always occurred. In fact, none of us would be here if our ancestors weren't great athletes.

I'd need to see some ACTUAL proof of whether cushion does anything. See the book "Born to Run" and the proliferation of injuries in modern running culture as a prime example.

Nah. The upper hyperfuse aka plastic on Nike has nothing to do with absorbing the impact from jumping and running. It's about the cushion. Nike offer better cushion imo. If you have all the Roses from 1-4 you will see that the cushion in those shoes is very minimal. Rose is a high energy high flying guard so cutting, jumping and running up and down for 30, 35 minutes a game takes a lot of toll on the knee and back. Imagine if Rose sign with Nike and they give him a full length zoom air base shoes like Lebron II or Zoom BB 1/2. Imo the zoom cushion in those shoes would be ideal for him.

Come on man you know Curry have chronic weak ankle. Kobe is just old and has too many mileage and Ricky Rubio got hit in the knee.

Rose hurt his knee from non contact. It has to be the shoes at least in someway.
no the shoes have no factor really cushioning wise. You acl and meniscus tear from twisting and buckling not from inadequate cushioned shoes. however what the dude said about the ankle braces has a point.

no the shoes have no factor really cushioning wise. You acl and meniscus tear from twisting and buckling not from inadequate cushioned shoes. however what the dude said about the ankle braces has a point.
So you would think if an athletic guy wear Vans and play with uptempo. There is no possibility that his knees will take a pounding after awhile?

Look. I'm not saying the cushion  is 100% responsible but wrong type of cushioning or lack thereof can lead to chances of injury. It just common sense.

Copped these a week ago here in RP and imo they are stiff in the upper and a lil clunky..im size 9 in nikes and i got a 9 i these and they fit pretty well. used them in a game and they performed like a beast the only issues were the popping noise i heard on areas that had the tape( toebox and medial and lateral sides) so i just laced em up tight and the sound disappeared. no slips no pain and they hugged my feet like socks...on a sidenote they really do need break in time and try them in store..imo ill cop another pair and use them in my rotation 
glasses.gif

Copped these a week ago here in RP and imo they are stiff in the upper and a lil clunky..im size 9 in nikes and i got a 9 i these and they fit pretty well. used them in a game and they performed like a beast the only issues were the popping noise i heard on areas that had the tape( toebox and medial and lateral sides) so i just laced em up tight and the sound disappeared. no slips no pain and they hugged my feet like socks...on a sidenote they really do need break in time and try them in store..imo ill cop another pair and use them in my rotation 
glasses.gif
 btw i play sg and i have bad knees already so i never play without my patella straps and lace em up tight. no discomfort on my knees on these

Back
Top Bottom