adidas D.Rose 4?

look like bones or a rib cage lol

how about they cut the .5 bull **** out and focus on making just one good shoe a season design and performance wise...
Derrick Rose is Adidas's biggest seller and only star. I dont count D12 as a shoe seller, the only guy they have moving units is Drose. Nike has Lebron, Kobe, KD and Jordan brand. Too make the most money and to keep a fresh shoe in the market is to make 2 pairs for Drose. They just learned from Nike because the swoosh was doing the Elite series.Hype of the start of the season will sell the 1st pair and the playoff hype will sell the second. Its all about the dollar. At least they didnt do a price hike like Nike does

Yeah because the 3s sold so well at $160/$180(Adidas/Rose diehards bought them at those prices but that's about it. I'm still looking for a pair for under $70 :nerd:) they need to raise the price on the 4s :lol:
$120-$140 is about right for D.Rose's main sig shoe right now unless they change up the design with new tech and better cushioning.

The best thing about the 4 is the diamond cut sprint frame, I didn't see it until the video review up there, that's a nice touch (Nike did that first with the Lebron Elite swoosh though haha)

Last edited:
Yeah because the 3s sold so well at $160/$180(Adidas/Rose diehards bought them at those prices but that's about it. I'm still looking for a pair for under $70 :nerd:) they need to raise the price on the 4s :lol:
$120-$140 is about right for D.Rose's main sig shoe right now unless they change up the design with new tech and better cushioning.

The best thing about the 4 is the diamond cut sprint frame, I didn't see it until the video review up there, that's a nice touch (Nike did that first with the Lebron Elite swoosh though haha)

The 3s and 3.5s are $60 at the Adidas Outlets. Bought a few there recently when they had buy 2 get 1 free. Comfortable shoe, I love the look and feel of them. A great high performance shoe for ballers.

Call me a sucker, but most of the Rose line had bad first impressions for me before they grew on me. I felt the 4s were definitely the worst after the catalog pics first leaked, but in person they don't look so bad to me.

Now that supposed 4.5 pic has me shaking me head, but we'll see where I stand with more pics and then seeing the shoe live later this season.

Call me a sucker, but most of the Rose line had bad first impressions for me before they grew on me. I felt the 4s were definitely the worst after the catalog pics first leaked, but in person they don't look so bad to me.

Now that supposed 4.5 pic has me shaking me head, but we'll see where I stand with more pics and then seeing the shoe live later this season.

Seeing him dominate in the 4s has me fiendin.

I thought the Boardwalk colorway was going to be this year's Xmas release. Ugh I wawasn't prepared to buy another pair of 4s so soon lol.

It's so funny to see how Nike fan boys react over adidas. Like some nig.g@ sayin' "look i'm wearing J's" whatever..

Look at this, maybe this was the reason why Nike is the bigger brand than adidas, what do you think?

Last edited:
Boardwalks:

Dubbed “Boardwalk,” the colorway pays tribute to where Derrick spends his off-seasons training, southern California. The shoe features washed out pastille tones of mint green, tan and pink to represent the ocean, sand and architectural details found throughout the southern California beaches.

Purple Rays:

Last edited:
By the way, I've played ball in these twice already and am surprised by how good the toebox looks. No signs of creasing. Only signs that I've played ball in these are the bottom of the shoes.

I tried them on today at the store. I was surprised at how low to the ground they feel. Like it feels as if you're barely off the floor. With that though, the cushioning seemed minimal. Definitely not a shoe for someone wanting a lot of cushion. Also, my ankle felt Locked into place. The upper material seemed kind of stiff and would definitely need some break in time. Finally, after lacing them up tight, I could feel some lace pressure as well.

I know this is a D Rose thread but I didn't see 1 for D Howard & didn't want to start another Adidas thread. So I copped the D Howard 4 tonight & I know I may be in the vast minority but I really like this shoe a lot. Team "Wear what you like, not what they hype" all day!! 
happy.gif

Finally got to check these out in person the other day. Kinda bummed that they have the same hang-tag as the 3's... I thought they were going to have that wedge-shaped ones, but I guess that's only for a limited release?

After seeing them in person, they do feel a bit less "Luxe" than the 3/3.5, but I do like the improvements they made. The back half seems like it'll really lock-in your ankle and protect the achilles. Looks like the fixed pretty much my only pet-peeve in the 3's, the toe box. I only have 1 hot-spot in the 3's, the left shoe, by my pinky toe and next biggest toe. There is a seam in there that digs into my foot (but goes away after break-in and putting a little tape in the area). That seam seems to be gone in the 4.

I just wish they weren't soooo ugly. I'll still pick up a pair to play in, but that split cannot be rocked casually.

I just wish they weren't soooo ugly. I'll still pick up a pair to play in, but that split cannot be rocked casually.
All new basketball shoes look stupid rocked casually. Whether it's a D. rose, lebron, KD whatever. Maybeeeee you can get away with Kobe's cause the low cut and simple design.

Back
Top Bottom