Adidas JS Roundhouse Mids vol. Not sure if serious

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Originally Posted by Dropten

So blacks were the ONLY slaves to exist? I thought all races had slaves at some point.
I dont think Hebrews would take offense to the shoe
Thats true, but Hebrews arent majority of sneaker buyers. If you saw a black person in these shackles and all, what would come to mind?

I dont find these offensive and I'm black. I do find these hideous however.

Slave would come to mind if I say a black person with the shoes. But Id think the.same if a white person wore.them.I think slavery and blacks have been burned into the minds for too.long. I believe it keeps black.people from.progressing as a people. Those Kuntas are ugly though

sick.gif

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

I'm black, my mother was a African-American studies Professor for 15 years so I know our history very well, and I'm usually one of the first people to call out something for being racist 
laugh.gif

But this...this RIGHT HERE, is absurd.  I can very well see WHY somebody would be mad and see a racist intent, hell when I saw the shoes I gave them the 
indifferent.gif
 (partly because they're hideous too).  But having Jesse Jackson (
indifferent.gif
) on TV talking about "The black community is ready to boycott Adidas..blah, blah, etc, etc"...kneegrow please.

We..as a culture, community, race, w/e, have to STOP making big issues out of the wrong things.  Love & Hip Hop ATL premiered last night, and throughly set black folk back 1000x faster than any $350 "Shackle Shoes" could even HOPE to, but nobody made a peep.

Was it stupid of Adidas to approve the shoes w/o at least somebody saying "hey, this might not end well"? Yes.  Is it worth national media attention and people all over the country talking about it? HELL NO

My $.02 

well said, and i'll ignore the other comments where clearly folks were talking w.out real knowledge and clear perspective.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by devildog1776

BLACK PEOPLE ACT LIKE THEY'VE BEEN THE ONLY GROUP OF SLAVES IN THE PAST 6000 YEARS.....

close your mouth.
its true though, in fact I just watched a documentary about slavery in Europe being bigger than ever...and Panama is still the human trafficking capital of the world.  And I was just in Thailand, sex slavery is still a pretty big industry.

Obviously I see why they'd cause an uproar but to a certain extent I feel they are subtly (or not so much) mocking the sneaker culture as a whole. Got dudes out here really being slaves to these brands...

my great grandma was a slave during WWII. More than likely more recently than 99.9% of this entire message board. I didn't think slavery until it was brought up. yeah i can see it but you can see anything in whatever if you look hard enough.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

I'm black, my mother was a African-American studies Professor for 15 years so I know our history very well, and I'm usually one of the first people to call out something for being racist 
laugh.gif

But this...this RIGHT HERE, is absurd.  I can very well see WHY somebody would be mad and see a racist intent, hell when I saw the shoes I gave them the 
indifferent.gif
 (partly because they're hideous too).  But having Jesse Jackson (
indifferent.gif
) on TV talking about "The black community is ready to boycott Adidas..blah, blah, etc, etc"...kneegrow please.

We..as a culture, community, race, w/e, have to STOP making big issues out of the wrong things.  Love & Hip Hop ATL premiered last night, and throughly set black folk back 1000x faster than any $350 "Shackle Shoes" could even HOPE to, but nobody made a peep.

Was it stupid of Adidas to approve the shoes w/o at least somebody saying "hey, this might not end well"? Yes.  Is it worth national media attention and people all over the country talking about it? HELL NO

My $.02 

Well said. This thread actually has a lot of quality outlooks on this subject. DC, vanexel, scientific, Meth,  AirThompson, welcometothetonezone, and solarius

Co-sign.

FYI THIS IS NOT THE 1ST RACIAL INSENSITIVE SHOES ADIDAS HAS PUT OUT THIS WAS BACK IN 2006

Adidas Cuts Off Sales Of Y1-Huf Shoe With Asian Caricature

racistsneaker.jpg

fung_shoe.jpg

adidas has “reversed itself and agreed to immediately halt sales of [the Y1-Huf sneaker] that features a caricature some Asian American groups found offensive,

these shoes are perfect for anyonr trying to pull off a hipster Ghost of Marley Halloween costume.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

FYI THIS IS NOT THE 1ST RACIAL INSENSITIVE SHOES ADIDAS HAS PUT OUT THIS WAS BACK IN 2006

Adidas Cuts Off Sales Of Y1-Huf Shoe With Asian Caricature

racistsneaker.jpg

fung_shoe.jpg

adidas has “reversed itself and agreed to immediately halt sales of [the Y1-Huf sneaker] that features a caricature some Asian American groups found offensive,

some of the responses in here just proves meth's point about the privilege/ignorance that some of us live in.
it's even worse, in my opinion when you can't even see why this might be offensive to someone else.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by solarius49

so thats a big deal....but i didnt see the chicken bone around Nikki Minaj's neck on the news, or our leaders calling for blood...(and yes I saw the NT thread)
Man she is a creation of the machine that we are speaking against now. I am not sure why that didn't make the news but I personally found it crazy. But I know she has bills t pay and is told how to act, talk, dress, sing, etc. She isn't the one to blame even though she technically has a right to stand up against the machine but I would imagine she values her life so she will play it safe and do as she is told.

agreed. she basically was doing the racists' work for em. its still offensive, but dc said it the best. doing this by being black sets us back to the days of shackles. i think its sad, that she would stoop so low just for the sake of $$. i understand being visually outlandish for the sake of celebrity identity (gaga, perry, lil kim) but don't pull some stereotypical riff raff in the process. it does all the harm and no good.

Back
Top Bottom