Adidas NMD thread

Shipping + possible customs = cost of resale 
laugh.gif

i thought customs looked at cost before ship to evaluate...i guess some of u still got hit?
In my experience, customs usually get slapped on when your purchase price (pre-shipping) is $200+

Most couriers also pay for the custom/duty fee upfront for you and they send you an invoice for that amount a little later.

I'll find out if I get hit after my pairs come in...

1 from 43einhalb (shipped) and 1 from adidas.co.uk (still processing)

Rise pairs come in today. Still waiting for shipping conf from adidas.

The customs talk is always interesting to me when it comes up, i have never been able to really nail down how it works because every shop handles it differently.

Ive bought a ton of stuff overseas, both over and under 200, which is supposed to be the limit.  It all comes down to how the shop categorizes and values the shipment and who the delivery service is.

With all that said, i have only ever been charged customs once, and it came like 2 months after i got my shipment.  i wasn't to say it was around 40 bucks for Diadora n9000 expressos from a shop in Italy.  

I would be really surprised if customs is a big deal with these NMDs though.

Last edited:

1. International Postal Service:  Merchandise shipped through the international postal service is forwarded upon its arrival in the United States to one of U.S. Customs and Border Protection International Mail Branches for clearance. If the item is less than $2,000 in value and is not subject to a quota or is not a restricted or prohibited item, a CBP official will usually prepare the paperwork for importing it, assess the proper duty, and release it for delivery. This procedure is generally referred to as a mail entry. Packages whose declared value is under $200 ($100 if being sent as a gift to someone other than the purchaser) will generally be cleared without any additional paperwork prepared by CBP. However, CBP always reserves the right to require a formal entry for any importation and generally exercises this option if there is something unusual about the importation, or if important documents such as an invoice or bill of sale do not accompany the item.
From CBP site.  So my guess is NMD's wont be charged custom fees because of value being under $200.  Shipping already cost an arm and a leg...  

From CBP site.  So my guess is NMD's wont be charged custom fees because of value being under $200.  Shipping already cost an arm and a leg...  
My 43einhalb order was 179.60 euros...exchanged to USD was $199.73 
laugh.gif
 Hope they don't round up

totally agreed -- they seems so flimsy and low quality in hand -- nothing like the 350 boost

On a all serious note..

I own the Key City and OG "lego" colorway. Lucky to be one who pair retail from ADC and Kith. 

Pure honesty here....none of them are worth the resale value. I think they are nice and a good change from UB adding a little more sturdy bottom due to the reinforcements but in no way are the NMD worth more than $200. Just being honest...if you want to drop 3-400 on them, I can almost guarantee once in hand you will hate yourself.
I couldn't disagree more with these two. I own the OG colorway NMD, Ultra Boosts, PB and Tan 350s and the NMD's are hands down the most comfortable shoe out of all of them.  The 350's are the most aesthetically pleasing to me but if we are talking about comfort the NMD takes the cake. 

When Nike first came out with the Flyknit I remembered a quote from someone in upper management at Nike that I just dug up,

"So we started thinking: how could you make a running shoe feel like a sock? And how do you build structure and support into the sock without adding layers? Our goal was to innovate based on our 'nature amplified' design principles, which focus on the body's movement in sport performance and aim to help realise the athlete's natural ability."

Creating lightweight yet sturdy athletic shoes has obsessed the entire footwear industry for decades. As far back as the late 1980s Nike had experimented with an ultra lightweight mesh shoe called the Sock Racer but it wasn't sturdy enough to provide performance support for athletes." says Tony Bignell, VP of footwear innovation at Nike.

It's my opinion that the Adidas NMD just 1 uped any Flyknit Nike has released because of the prime knit, as well as the boost technology as well as the 'legos" that are providing support just in the areas that you really need it. My problem with rose's is that they didn't give you the support where the NMD's does.  

Happily paid $350 for the R1's and I don't hate myself. I will be able to get so many wears out of that shoe before it looks "beat" and they will clean up very easily so who knows if they will ever look "beat".  

Also I can go on to any of the major reseller sites right now that I frequent(Flight club,pound4pound,rif.la)  and find a FULL size run of any of the Yeezy 350s but not ONE SIGNLE pair of NMD's. 

to those who tried their luck on overkill.

check your mail and order history on your acct. i received a payment request out of nowhere. i was just spamming the check out button during the release, and i didnt even get to check out. 

Same thing happened to me. Paid it and already got shipping today. :pimp:

I really like the gum sole on the Nice Kicks NMDs. Everything else... jeez, they are rough. The branding on the back pull tab is hideous.

Shipping + possible customs = cost of resale :lol:

i thought customs looked at cost before ship to evaluate...i guess some of u still got hit?

I paid $239 shipped. From past experiences (depending on if shipping fee is factored into the amount for customs). I had an order for right around the same amount before, paid about $25 in customs.

So even if I have to, $265(from a reputable site where you dont need to worry about a legit check)>>>>>>> Resale

Almost every colorway here is nice. Def gon try for the tans, navy blue, red, white/blues & black/blue

I wish they did the black & orange colorway better tho smh. Been looking a nice pair of black orange sneakers in any brand and I just cant find any

I also hope these colorways are easy to get

Back
Top Bottom