adidas won't renew NBA sponsorship

I know there's analytics behind this stuff, but I'd. be curious to know if having your company's logo as essentially a watermark on an NBA jersey a worthwhile investment. I can't think of anyone I know who watches the NBA, will pay any attention to those company ads on the jerseys.

I think it's like 80% of all commercial advertisements fail. Wonder what the logic is, and how advantageous getting your ad on an NBA jersey actually is.

I think it will have an effect in the first few years just out of curiosity since it is something new and the audience might just be "what is that logo?" and then they hear about it.

I know plenty of Laker fans who has the BBVA Compass Lakers credit card so it does work to an extent.

And the ad/marketing might not work immediately but it does burrow down on your brain and next time you need something that relates to the ad, it might just be the first thing that comes to mind.

I know there's analytics behind this stuff, but I'd. be curious to know if having your company's logo as essentially a watermark on an NBA jersey a worthwhile investment. I can't think of anyone I know who watches the NBA, will pay any attention to those company ads on the jerseys.

I think it's like 80% of all commercial advertisements fail. Wonder what the logic is, and how advantageous getting your ad on an NBA jersey actually is.
Think about the impact and eyeballs though. It's big time real estate that millions upon millions of people look at a season. All over the world. Brands simply care about their logo being in front of your face because as rfx45 above said it gets eventually imprinted into your brain. This latest company that just signed with the Warriors are only paying $20 million a year I believe. That is chump change for getting on the Warriors jerseys the more I think of it, and honestly I can see 10 years from now we are going to look back and laugh at how little NBA teams got for the ads in the first year. I can see (for the top teams) eventually becoming $100 mil/year contracts. The owners just randomly created another contract to bid out.

Love the hornets but never realized until now how much those jerseys resemble the old UNC early 90's unis.

:smh:

Mike need to cut his bs out man. This ain't chapel hill jr.

Last edited:
I actually think they got the jersey layout decently correct. Stripes are thicker but the stripes on sides are there, just bad angle on the new pic. Was expecting much worse in modifications.

DJm5VmBXcAE9_gj.jpg
hornets-lj-chris-paul.jpg

WHAT IS NIKECONNECT?

Announced in June 2015, Nike’s partnership with the NBA begins with the 2017-18 season. Today, Nike and the NBA introduce the future of fan apparel with the first NBA connected jersey. Here's how to use the jersey's new NikeConnect technology to tap in to personal, next-level access to athletes, exclusive offers and the game you love all on your smartphone.

Today, Nike introduces the Nike NBA Jersey with NikeConnect – an unlock to real-time, personalized experiences activated through the combination of the jersey, a smartphone and the NikeConnect app.

Launching on September 29, this innovative marriage of apparel and digital technology gives NikePlus members and NBA fans access to incredible product, customized content and exclusive experiences through the NikeConnect logo on their jersey’s jock tag.

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO USING THE NIKE NBA JERSEY WITH NIKECONNECT:
1. GET THE ALL-NEW NIKE NBA JERSEY with NikeConnect at nike.com/nba, nbastore.com, a Nike store or team retailer near you.
Nike-NBA-NikeConnect-2_native_1600.jpg

2. DOWNLOAD THE NIKECONNECT APP, available for iOS 11 and Android (iPhone 7 or newer; Android devices with NFC capability) globally.
Nike-Connect-Jersey_app-icons_native_1600.png

3. LAUNCH THE NIKECONNECT APP on your smartphone.

4. TAP YOUR SMARTPHONE on the tag at the bottom of your Nike NBA Jersey, where a special NFC chip is located under the NikeConnect logo. The experience will launch automatically on your smartphone.

5. SIGN IN WITH YOUR NIKEPLUS ACCOUNT. A celebration page appears with your athlete jersey; you are now connected. Tap in any time to unlock team and player content such as pre-game arrival footage and highlight packages. Tap in on game day to get additional access to exclusive offers.

6. YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY ENTER THE CENTRAL “TEAM” tab of the app. It has a status bar with either a pre-game countdown to tip-off, an in-game score or a post-game final score. Other information provided includes where and when your team is playing next, plus stats about your player.

Beneath that bar is the “Team” feed, which is a combination of performance and off-court highlights, including recap videos and GIFs, related to your jersey’s player and team. Fans can tap in to this content for greater detail or tap and hold to share externally with friends online.
Nike-Connect-Team-Home_native_1600.png

7. THE LEFT SIDE OF THE EXPERIENCE HAS AN “OFFERS” TAB. Clicking on this tab reveals game day offers at the top of the screen that are available immediately. Beneath that, you’ll see “Upcoming Rewards” for future game days. Offers include exclusive licensed product, NBA 2K18 boosts, tickets to games, Spotify playlists from athletes and other to-be-announced experiences. (In China, NBA 2K18 and Spotify are replaced by 2K Online and QQ Music, respectively.)

8. THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE APP HAS A “JERSEY” TAB, which shows your history of tap-ins and rewards with that particular Nike NBA Connected jersey.

In the end, the Nike NBA Connected Jersey experience, as unlocked by NikeConnect technology, represents the first time that premium NBA content can be accessed through interaction with apparel.

The NikeConnect app is available for both Android and iOS 11 (iPhone 7 or newer; Android devices with NFC capability) globally. The Nike NBA Connected Jerseys launch September 29 at nike.com/nba, nbastore.com, a Nike store or team retailer near you

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT NIKE'S NEW NBA SOCKS

Announced in June 2015, Nike’s partnership with the NBA begins with the 2017-18 season. Today, Nike and the NBA share the new Nike NBA NikeGrip Power Crew and Quick Crew socks.

Ask any athlete, and they’ll tell you: Socks matter. Basketball athletes have a unique relationship with their shoes, and are particularly vocal about their affinity for socks and how they provide comfort, protection and traction. Beyond that, tradition plays a critical role in sock-wearing, and includes rituals such as layering two or more socks, wearing one higher than another or scrunching them around the ankles.

Foot size is only one differentiating factor between players. Nike learned through research that sock thickness, as it relates to style of play, is equally important. Thus, Nike designers created two types of socks for its partnership with the NBA: the thick and super-cushioned NBA NikeGrip Power Crew sock, and the lightweight with medium cushion NBA NikeGrip Quick Crew sock. Both are made with NikeGrip yarns (ultrafine polyester fibers twisted with traditional fibers to increase the sock's surface area) for anti-slip traction and zoned cushioning that protects and vents.

“Socks are the first line of defense,” says NBA legend Kobe Bryant, who challenged the designers to create socks so good that players would stop wearing two at the same time. “Your feet are the most important thing you bring to the game,” Bryant adds. “You’ve got to take care of your feet.”

Kevin Durant, who is known for layering two pairs of socks out of a preference for maximum cushioning around his heels and ankles, had significant input for the super-cushioned NBA NikeGrip Power Crew sock. “I want a lot of cushioning,” Durant told the development team. “But I want to feel the court.”

Feeling the court is equally important to LeBron James, who pushed the designers to prioritize traction as much as cushioning, and to achieve an optimal level of compression and flexibility around the foot and ankle. “It’s important that I don’t slide in my shoes,” says James, whose input influenced the placement of NikeGrip on the NBA NikeGrip Quick and Power Crew socks. “I need traction for cutting and jumping.”

Here are five things to know about the new NBA NikeGrip Power and Quick socks.

1. These are the first Nike socks to have the NBA logo. Special versions of both socks will be worn by all NBA athletes throughout the season, and there will be a Nike sock for each uniform edition.

2. Nike Basketball and Jordan athletes got first-hand experience with the NBA NikeGrip Power and Quick Crew socks at the 2016 Rio Olympics, and provided crucial insights for their development. Nike also worked with collegiate and high school players on all aspects of the sock development and extended wear-testing process.

3. To achieve optimum zoned thickness for the NBA NikeGrip Power Crew sock, Nike’s NXT developed a new machine with a larger dial and needle than anything on the market at the time. The needles have wider entries to fit thicker yarn through, which enables the machine to create bigger terry loops that are knitted to sculpt the foot. The machine can add cushion, mesh and NikeGrip where needed. As a result, the NBA NikeGrip Power Crew sock is the most-cushioned performance sock Nike has ever created.

4. Both of Nike’s NBA NikeGrip Crew socks are made with cushioning in the areas where basketball players need it most: on the forefoot, heel and ankle. Thinner mesh on top of the sock vents (this placement was determined through thermal mapping). NikeGrip on the lateral side grips the outside of the foot. The forefoot of the NBA NikeGrip Quick Crew sock has Nike Forefoot Lock (two thin spandex bands that arch to support the foot and prevent the socks from bunching near the toes). Both the NBA NikeGrip Power and Quick Crew socks incorporate a heel lock that keeps the sock in place and reduces sliding.

5. Of course, the Charlotte Hornets get their own Jordan socks (another first).

Nike_NBA_34_native_1600.jpg

Nike_NBA_1_native_1600.jpg

for some reason I thought the Lakers weren't going to have an ad logo, at least it somewhat blends in with the jersey

The Lakers are excited to announce our partnership with Wish, a California based e-commerce platform. The partnership, which brings together two global brands, will include a large-scale integrated marketing program, featuring in-arena fan engagement, social and digital activation. In addition, the two companies will collaborate on various community initiatives within Los Angeles and in the surrounding counties. Click to read about our partnership.

Starting this season, Lakers jerseys will feature a Wish patch stitched into the left shoulder, located opposite the Nike Logo. The team will debut the jersey for the first time during the Lakers first preseason game vs. the Minnesota Timberwolves on September 30th at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

Wish will also be featured on the South Bay Lakers jersey, the Lakers’ NBA G League affiliate, as well as on select jerseys for the Junior Lakers.

170920wish-gallery-1_0.jpg

170920wish-gallery-2.jpg

170920wish-gallery-12.jpg

for some reason I thought the Lakers weren't going to have an ad logo, at least it somewhat blends in with the jersey

I'm really bummed about it. I think this ad looks terrible, and I mean especially terrible with respect to the other ads that have been shown.

just saw that converse is going to release some nba-related chuck taylors.. hope they have some NBA-related Hurley boardshorts. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom