ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

You on the right track my dude. Won't be long til your 10K increases to 25K, then 50K....
Yes it is if he never uses his credit lol.
You can pay cash for most things. Proper credit utilization in order to continue to increase credit score and credit limit is to constantly maintain less than 30% of your credit line on all your credit cards (whether you have 2 or 10) in addition to what you said about avoiding interest charges - I'm sure you already know this. But I'm sure he has at least a couple credit cards that he manages pretty well since he learned from his past experiences and because of this he will able to increase his creditworthiness.

It's a whole different ballgame, however, when banks and lenders are underwriting creditworthiness as it pertains to residential and commercial real estate - this is where your liquid assets (aka CASH, savings, 401K, IRAs, etc) come into play.

Last edited:
Don't pay cash for things. Use credit, especially if you have rewards cards. 

Pay for everything with a rewards card then pay it off to under 9% before the statement date. Let it post and then pay off the remainder before the due date. That way you get free money using the rewards card, you build your credit rating and you pay 0% interest. 

Thank you bro for the knowledge [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Ain't nothing wrong with a little money tips in here to pass the time before more on feet pairs show up in here.

The same folks snapping at Whip are probably the same folk clueless af in the credit thread or in hot water somewhere

I do it for a living. End of argument.
Drops MIC walks away:pimp:

giphy.gif

I do it for a living. End of argument.
I own and operate my own business that produces a 25% net margin.

What people spend on shoes is relative to what they make.

You're clearly in the wrong thread, and for that matter the wrong forum.
Good for you. 

But do you actually know the main point of my initial post? This will let you know if I'm actually in the wrong thread.

Good for you. 

But do you actually know the main point of my initial post? This will let you know if I'm actually in the wrong thread.

Your point was to talk about how another person spends their money.

He could very well make 400k a year.

A $700 shoe is a fraction of a fraction of a percent of his salary.

As I'm sure you know, you should set a budget for the year for such.

I doubt that $700 maxes the budget.

Good for you. 

Your point was to talk about how another person spends their money.

He could very well make 400k a year.

A $700 shoe is a fraction of a fraction of a percent of his salary.

As I'm sure you know, you should set a budget for the year for such.

I doubt that $700 maxes the budget.
Nah bro. 

For one thing, one's salary is NOT an accurate indication of a person's financial stability. I know plenty of people who make upwards of $500K a year in salary and are drowning in debt. Just because someone makes six figures, doesn't mean a $700 shoe is "affordable" even if that figure is a fraction of what he makes.

Mo' money, mo' problems. I'm sure you're familiar with the cliche.

Secondly, my point was to point out how many people are succumbing to the $700+ aftermarket price point yet there are people who have made it known that they won't "pull the trigger" until the price point goes at or below $600. 

And I suggested that the only way to do this is to stop biting at the current reseller prices and for people to stop being trigger happy. My opinion that the shoes aren't worth its current aftermarket price tag was merely my opinion. 

Last edited:
People bashing others for buying $700 sneakers are usually the ones can't afford them or not in position at the moment to buy them ... I believe if a person only had $700 to their name I doubt that person would be looking at $700 sneaker .. and for those who still buying and struggling with money well power to them if they feel that they wanna play that struggling game it's their life. Sometimes people die with tons of money and it goes to waste , some people die and their family's enjoy their money ... some people live just for others and never have a good life ... if you want something really bad find a way to get it , even if the satisfied state last a month or two .. it's only one life out their folks go out and live it

I've got a local size swap pending, but, in case that falls through, I have a pair of 10.5 V2s and I'm looking for a size 10.

I'm in Los Angeles.

You can pay cash for most things. Proper credit utilization in order to continue to increase credit score and credit limit is to constantly maintain less than 30% of your credit line on all your credit cards (whether you have 2 or 10) in addition to what you said about avoiding interest charges - I'm sure you already know this. But I'm sure he has at least a couple credit cards that he manages pretty well since he learned from his past experiences and because of this he will able to increase his creditworthiness.

It's a whole different ballgame, however, when banks and lenders are underwriting creditworthiness as it pertains to residential and commercial real estate - this is where your liquid assets (aka CASH, savings, 401K, IRAs, etc) come into play.
I wouldn't classify a 401k or IRA as liquid assets

Last edited:
Quite foolish to make a blanket statement about how others spend their money. We all are in different situations.

Personally, I've worked my butt off for years and years to build myself an incredibly comfortable life for my wife and child and am in a spot where I can have fun with the extra money I have.

Life without rewards for the hard work you put in is not worth living in my opinion.

I wouldn't classify a 401k or IRA as liquid assets
you know what I meant...cash and savings, properties owned, etc... other assets such as IRAs and 401K that can be funded with investment assets also come into play. 

Last edited:

Yeah you definitely have to have different lines of credit (IE car loan, mortgage etc) it helps. Also you want to make sure that your utilization on credit cards stay under 10% (IE 9%.) Sure you can keep it under 30% , but keeping it under 20% is better and keeping it under 10% is the best. Trust me I've tried all sorts of different ways and I've come out with a 800+ credit score.

Of course you want to max out your Roth and regular IRA every year. Of course you want your 401k stacked and of COURSE you want cash in the bank, that's all a given. People should also look into hedge funds / Russell Mutual funds etc, you want your money to work for you rather than just have it sitting there. 

I'm sure you know all this but definitely try keeping utilization under 10% it is even better than staying under 30%. However once you're over 740 you qualify for the best rates anyways so it doesn't REALLY matter as long as you're under 30%.

Back to the Yeezy's though, I like these and wish I coulda hit, but on to the next one. I'm gonna try for the chocolate 750s next month too, hopefully the script still works.

*edit* You really should be using cash back / reward cards to make purchases though. You build credit while getting free money, it's a win win (IMO)

Last edited:
I honestly don't care how any one spends their money. It it's foolish oh well, it it's better than great. People have different goals in life and just because they may not align with our goals or even towards standards set by society means they are doing anything wrong. As long as they are not negatively impacting others around them then go ahead and do your thing.

Seeing all this long a''s quotes makes me feel I'm into a Tolstoi Drama ... Just let it be , let it be 

It amazes me at how many of you are spending, I mean wasting, well over $700 for these shoes when you can get 2-4 quality pairs of kicks that are much better for the same amount.

All of you guys who are so damn impatient and are itching to buy these Yeezys for over $600-700 are the reason the after market is the way it is. If only you can all just realize that these are just shoes (and mediocre at that) and are widely stocked everywhere in the re-sell market, the prices will go down when the sellers are seeing their product ain't moving at the price they are asking.

But hey, if you're maxing out your credit card (aka money that you don't have) for these kicks or spending disposable income that is nonexistent, then good for you and your silly spending habits. 

Honestly, if you take away all the hype and all the B.S. involved with this release, these shoes ain't even worth anything close $250. My NMD Runner PK camos are better than these.

As my wife said, Yeezys look like "banana boat inflatable raft elf shoes." lmao

Here's the thing...DON'T BITE. Buyer stupidity/impulse is exactly what resellers are hoping to take advantage of.
You sounding like a broke boy that is yeezyless

Whip is making all the sense in the world, but he came off condescending in that initial post.

Do people make irresponsible money decisions on shoes? Absolutely.

Do other people also have the ability to pay a premium on something they don't have to while also being responsible? Of course.

Some pour money into their cars, others into shoes, clothes, technology, vacations, etc. We all have our things which is why it doesn't make sense to come in here and make that statement to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom