ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting this to kinda be like pharells drops we have one pack that limited (shoes hoodies/jacket maybe some shirts) for a high price then right after drop a lower priced collection that evrybody can just walk in and buy..

y'all would of crapped on these hard if ye's name wasn't attached
laugh.gif
and if they were Nike you would have a hard d i c k for them. So what exactly are you trying to prove? LOL

y'all would of crapped on these hard if ye's name wasn't attached :lol:

These wouldn't have even made the blogs if they weren't Yeezy..
That being said, I still want them because they are Yeezy.
And yes, I have 1s and 2s..

wut lol...

Adidas has PLENTY $350 shoes (Y3's)  .....  and several look a hell of a lot better than this

your justification was absurd tho.... basing it off other GR quality sneakers
Who are you?

My point is as a sneakerhead who dabbles in high end fashion from time to time

I have no problem paying $350 for this shoe.

Especially considering what I paid for those Jordan releases at resale price. 

What is absurd about that?

I know and understand that Adidas has the Y-3 label and it is expensive

but those shoes are not targeted towards the urban market as the Yeezy is.

The point is Adidas been selling shoes at that price for years. Keep it moving.
The point is Adidas been selling those shoes at a high price to a select few.

Y-3 has never been promoted to the urban demographic as the Yeezy is.

YOHJI YAMAMOTO could care less about the urban demographic which is why his designs are so extreme as well as the price.

Kanye on the other hand is trying to cater to the Y-3 crowd as well as his targeted demographic.

Now you Keep it moving because I didn't ask you to respond to my post at all. 

View media item 1394232View media item 1394233
decided to take a stroll past. kinda glad I did...

disappointed. and I was really about them. I know I said I was happy about them which I'm still on the fence about but after seeing them in person I realized that for me at least they're not worth the potential hassle. a lot of people stopping to take pics, mostly not sneaker heads obviously because I overheard them saying "those are those kanye west boots."

because that's basically what they look like in person...boots. maybe because they're not on feet and just suspended in a bubble but I dunno. lol they kinda really do look like Uggs, laces save this from that...mostly.

quality looks OK. def not $350 ok but we all knew that right? it's kinda hard to tell because they're higher up and really can't tell if theyre legit suede. maybe I'm just used to seeing doctored up images and good angles from his people but... I dunno. if you're in the city id recommend seeing them in person before going crazy.

Who are you?

My point is as a sneakerhead who dabbles in high end fashion from time to time

I have no problem paying $350 for this shoe.

Especially considering what I paid for those Jordan releases at resale price. 

What is absurd about that?

I know and understand that Adidas has the Y-3 label and it is expensive

but those shoes are not targeted towards the urban market as the Yeezy is.
Should've said that from the beginning instead of saying broad statements like "$350 is too high for Adidas". I agree, for a shoe that 'Ye says is for "everyone" it is expensive. But you can't expect him to say it's only for the fashion forward visionaries and not for the levi 501 wearers.

I can kinda see these being like the Jordan Futures. First 2 releases extremely limited, everybody wanted them, crazy resell prices. More and more started dropping and now you could just walk into a store randomly and buy them.
That's what I was thinking. I can't see as many cw's being made for these though.

View media item 1394232View media item 1394233
decided to take a stroll past. kinda glad I did...

disappointed. and I was really about them. I know I said I was happy about them which I'm still on the fence about but after seeing them in person I realized that for me at least they're not worth the potential hassle. a lot of people stopping to take pics, mostly not sneaker heads obviously because I overheard them saying "those are those kanye west boots."

because that's basically what they look like in person...boots. maybe because they're not on feet and just suspended in a bubble but I dunno. lol they kinda really do look like Uggs, laces save this from that...mostly.

quality looks OK. def not $350 ok but we all knew that right? it's kinda hard to tell because they're higher up and really can't tell if theyre legit suede. maybe I'm just used to seeing doctored up images and good angles from his people but... I dunno. if you're in the city id recommend seeing them in person before going crazy.

Thank you for being honest, fam.

I think they're a cool shoe, but like you said, won't jump through hoops for em like the previous models. They don't go to that level. Appreciate the pics.

If you don't like the pricing. Don't buy. Geez guys

Most the collabs are priced high, not just y3

Last edited:

Should've said that from the beginning instead of saying broad statements like "$350 is too high for Adidas". I agree, for a shoe that 'Ye says is for "everyone" it is expensive. But you can't expect him to say it's only for the fashion forward visionaries and not for the levi 501 wearers.
Exactly.

Ye is trying to cater to two different crowds here.

I don't think too many people in  the general public will be willing to pay the price.

Fashion elites who have to have the latest and greatest will.

Some sneakerheads will.

Is that enough to sustain the Yeezy brand though.

High end fashion labels would not give him a shot and this release is catering to the same people who buy those brands.

Do you think the non urban market will embrace him as a high fashion brand.

Without his loyal fanbase which he is alienating with the price point will the branding survive?

I'm not ride or die Kanye or Adidas, but I really like what I see so if I can get my hands on them I will.

It's still an expensive shoe though. Nike has expensive stuff too and with no quality to justify it.

Hopefully Adidas delivers on the suede and boost additions. I don't think they knocked it out of the park with these. Call me nitpicky but I was hoping the inside had some additional detail but nada in there except a plain insole. They will one-up this, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom