ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.

laugh.gif
 its not that, just hate how high-tops have become synonymous with supra...

also, am I the only one who noticed this:

Difference is that he gave away the exact pairs too his friends. Not sure if he did the same with those Nike samples.

The Yeezy one and two were clearly made as a special project and weren't concerned about "doing numbers". I believe the design of the shoe reflects that. They look mad collectible and when you wear them you feel like a certain type of person. They were a reflection of Nostalgia. The Yeezy 1 and 2 looked like how we though the future was going to be and the Yeezy 3 looks like what the actual future is. Which is a minimalistic understated shoe with classic feature as well as new technology in foorwear.

The Yeezy one and two were clearly made as a special project and weren't concerned about "doing numbers". I believe the design of the shoe reflects that. They look mad collectible and when you wear them you feel like a certain type of person. They were a reflection of Nostalgia. The Yeezy 1 and 2 looked like how we though the future was going to be and the Yeezy 3 looks like what the actual future is. Which is a minimalistic understated shoe with classic feature as well as new technology in foorwear.

You are 100% right, sir. :nthat:

Word.

A lot of people just don't have the vision with these. They will be cold if you wear right way

Lol @ yeezys making you feel a certain way. That just means you need to get your confidence together. And how does a shoe look "collectible"? I wore them, the one and two and I didn't feel extra special. Fun making them glow in the dark though

Last edited:
so is the initial release only going to be NYC or is that just speculation? Im hoping they launch online at some point. 

http://hypebeast.com/2015/2/adidas-...oints-for-the-yeezy-yzy-boost-yeezy-750-boost

Kanye’s right hand man Ibn Jasper gave the world its first look at the Yeezy Boost. Later, a product page on adidas’ Hungary webstore launched, titled “Yeezy 750 Boost,” suggesting a second Yeezy sneaker has been produced in solar red. An inside source has reaffirmed there are in fact two Yeezy models, the first being the grey Yeezy YZY Boost (S78097), set at a retail price of $250 USD. The second model is the solar red Yeezy 750 Boost (B35309), priced at $350 USD. Share your thoughts on this latest piece of insight in the comments section below.

Going to be a very small launch, it was confirmed a while ago by that guy who does all the sales figures for the major brands. I expect another release later in 2015 that is more plentiful.

No, I've heard retail is between 3-500 as well. Going to be considered a luxury model.

There is supposed to be a runner, and a Yeezi luxury model.

Just saying.

Looks like most of my Intel was on point so far. :nthat:

A lot of people just don't have the vision with these. They will be cold if you wear right way

Lol @ yeezys making you feel a certain way. That just means you need to get your confidence together. And how does a shoe look "collectible"? I wore them, the one and two and I didn't feel extra special. Fun making them glow in the dark though
The same way a car is collectible or anything else. But t lay it out for you it looked cartoonish to me like the air Mag. But I like all 3 shoes and owned both Yeezy's 1 and 2 I just think these are more interesting in a realistic way versus the animated look of the first two.

To the people who are wondering why kanye doesn't just produce his own line with his own money: did you watch the interview with Sway or what? Or any interview at all, for that matter?

But anyway, I don't see how wanting the shoe BECAUSE they're tied to Kanye is a bad thing at all. You think the Yeezus tour shirts would've been popular if they didn't have YEEZUS written on them? No. The only reason people wear those is because they show their liking of Ye. Those shirts are ugly as **** with the Indian skulls and whatever. But they act like a jersey, showing their favorite artist.
So how are the shoes any different? They can show your love for Ye (must be a lot of love of you're willing to spend $350+ retail lol). Same thing as wearing Jordans or Lebrons as a kid; you wanted to emulate your favorite player.
I want them because 1. I actually like the design believe it or not (especially with the boost sole. Pure boosts are like walking on clouds) 2. They're connected to my favorite artist.
Sorry for the rant but I just didn't understand why people were saying anyone who likes it is lying and dumb. People have their reasons.

To the people who are wondering why kanye doesn't just produce his own line with his own money: did you watch the interview with Sway or what? Or any interview at all, for that matter?

But anyway, I don't see how wanting the shoe BECAUSE they're tied to Kanye is a bad thing at all. You think the Yeezus tour shirts would've been popular if they didn't have YEEZUS written on them? No. The only reason people wear those is because they show their liking of Ye. Those shirts are ugly as **** with the Indian skulls and whatever. But they act like a jersey, showing their favorite artist.
So how are the shoes any different? They can show your love for Ye (must be a lot of love of you're willing to spend $350+ retail lol). Same thing as wearing Jordans or Lebrons as a kid; you wanted to emulate your favorite player.
I want them because 1. I actually like the design believe it or not (especially with the boost sole. Pure boosts are like walking on clouds) 2. They're connected to my favorite artist.
Sorry for the rant but I just didn't understand why people were saying anyone who likes it is lying and dumb. People have their reasons.
No, I didn't. What was he saying exactly?

watching the live stream of big seans performance at the house of blues in hollywood right now. im pretty sure sean is wearing em on stage

Last edited:
Not that i care about BenBaller, but at the time of his post he was wearing Stan Smiths which means he kind of has some of taste  and he said the Yeezys were beautiful. Im pretty sure he wasn't talking about this model.

Last edited:

something like...

tumblr_inline_mymr3g8hR21qcq31a.png

after seeing some better pics my opinion has change quite dramatically from "on the fence" to "do want" lol.  its another dope sneaker from Kanye

not gonna bother tho unless they're widely available at some point

View media item 1390503
View media item 1390504
View media item 1390505
View media item 1390506
View media item 1390507

I think one of the main issues, besides the shoe looking wack, is the fact ye doesnt even make them look dope himself. A lot of times basic kicks get an extra appeal depending on who has em on and how they rock them. It feeds into the hype aspect. AJ XI's werent just a dope shoe, they looked cool as hell when mike wore them.

case in point...the yeezy I didn't just look cool by itself, when ye wore it, he complimented it with clothes that matched, looked cool with it and stuff the typical market could also pair with it View media item 1390626. So you could immediately visualize dope fits with it.

this dude ye hops out the crib in a taupe fashion sneaker with tight black leather pants on and a black 5-for-20 footlocker tall tee. He adds to the shoe already looking cheeks. I know if I have something that I'm putting my name on, that I'm designing, I never want it to be seen in bad light. Haters gonna hate, but I'm not gonna help them ****** out by making something wack and then presenting it in a wack *** way and even rolling up my tight *** pants to give em a better look at my wack *** ****. nahh

Ye needs proper production and a platform to build off of. He can't afford what he wants to do because he wants everything to be great quality and widely available. When he can't create a lot and put it out for the public he feels "marginalized" as he puts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom