African-American over reliance upon public assistance, section 8, foodstamps and medicaid?

OP why did you single out AA?

serious question?

cuz funny a lot of white ppl use assistance............

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Still on foodstamps
im so jealous of ppl with foodstamps

how much you get a month? i heard its like 250 for an individual

thats madd protein

first of all, paws.

second, im jealous too...i had them @%%! for like 2 months when i got laid off...i was eating well.

Still on foodstamps

thats madd protein

first of all, paws.

second, im jealous too...i had them @%%! for like 2 months when i got laid off...i was eating well.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'd be upset w/anyone abusing the system not just AA

i just googled welfare recipients by race and the first 3 results said white people recieve more than anyone and most people on welfare are on no longer than 2 years

Bingo!

And secondly, "white" is a broad term...I'm currently reading Nell Irvin Painter's "History of White People" reinforcing what I suspected...on a demographic application it asks ( Black, White, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American or Hispanic) But "white" includes Italian, Irish, Brittish, Arab Jews, Polish, German (historically "Poor Whites"), America has broken these nationalities down to establish "superiority" on a ethnic level. But statistically and to keep "white" majority they're "conveniently" cohered together.

So now you have three classes, African-American, Whites, and Poor Whites, Poor Whites have the ability to maneuver in and out of social classes as African-Americans can not.
With discrimination still prevalent and Poor Whites battling for survival with African Americans in the workforce wouldn't you say African-Americans are at a disadvantage?

So are African-Americans reliant upon public assistance or abusing it?

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i'd be upset w/anyone abusing the system not just AA

i just googled welfare recipients by race and the first 3 results said white people recieve more than anyone and most people on welfare are on no longer than 2 years

Bingo!

And secondly, "white" is a broad term...I'm currently reading Nell Irvin Painter's "History of White People" reinforcing what I suspected...on a demographic application it asks ( Black, White, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native American or Hispanic) But "white" includes Italian, Irish, Brittish, Arab Jews, Polish, German (historically "Poor Whites"), America has broken these nationalities down to establish "superiority" on a ethnic level. But statistically and to keep "white" majority they're "conveniently" cohered together.

So now you have three classes, African-American, Whites, and Poor Whites, Poor Whites have the ability to maneuver in and out of social classes as African-Americans can not.
With discrimination still prevalent and Poor Whites battling for survival with African Americans in the workforce wouldn't you say African-Americans are at a disadvantage?

So are African-Americans reliant upon public assistance or abusing it?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why AA as if they are the only poor folks?

EXACTLY. Blacks are NOT the only people on food stamps why are we the only one getting portrayed on being on food stamps. There is a HUGE group of Blacks (mostly Caribbean/Africans) that are WAY to prideful to even accept anything like that.

Not exactly "Food Stamps" but here is California statistics for the "Calfresh" food subsidy program:

Ethnicity of the CalFresh recipients:
--Hispanic      31%
--Mixed Race 21% 
--White 20%    
--Black 17%
--Other 11%

edit: This whole thing about black people "abusing" social welfare programs is just some BS made by the media. Look at the stats they know what they are doing by making ridiculous statements about blacks and social welfare. And even if it was true what race truley needs social welfare more than blacks? Look how bad this American society has tried to disenfranchise us.  We are still waiting for our Homestead act land...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Why AA as if they are the only poor folks?

EXACTLY. Blacks are NOT the only people on food stamps why are we the only one getting portrayed on being on food stamps. There is a HUGE group of Blacks (mostly Caribbean/Africans) that are WAY to prideful to even accept anything like that.

Not exactly "Food Stamps" but here is California statistics for the "Calfresh" food subsidy program:

Ethnicity of the CalFresh recipients:
--Hispanic      31%
--Mixed Race 21% 
--White 20%    
--Black 17%
--Other 11%

edit: This whole thing about black people "abusing" social welfare programs is just some BS made by the media. Look at the stats they know what they are doing by making ridiculous statements about blacks and social welfare. And even if it was true what race truley needs social welfare more than blacks? Look how bad this American society has tried to disenfranchise us.  We are still waiting for our Homestead act land...

Still on foodstamps

thats madd protein

I only get 150 a month cuz someone else at my address get em' too.

gotdamn yall eating good ova there

Still on foodstamps

thats madd protein

I only get 150 a month cuz someone else at my address get em' too.

gotdamn yall eating good ova there

stock,

wouldnt you rather look at a percentage of the population, by race, to get a number that can be applied across the board and debated?

stock,

wouldnt you rather look at a percentage of the population, by race, to get a number that can be applied across the board and debated?

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

stock,

Exactly.  By raw numbers there are more white people that are below the poverty line and thus taking welfare, foodstamps, ect, I'm taking this from a project we did back in a HS theology class back in 05 so numbers have changed probably.  However, in terms of percentage they are a bit lower.  Always look for portions of the populations that fit the criteria because stereotyping a state or particular region will give you very biased figures that are unique to that particular region.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

stock,

Exactly.  By raw numbers there are more white people that are below the poverty line and thus taking welfare, foodstamps, ect, I'm taking this from a project we did back in a HS theology class back in 05 so numbers have changed probably.  However, in terms of percentage they are a bit lower.  Always look for portions of the populations that fit the criteria because stereotyping a state or particular region will give you very biased figures that are unique to that particular region.

One of my shorties gets 800 in foodstamps and make ures she cops me my Muscle Milk.

One of my shorties gets 800 in foodstamps and make ures she cops me my Muscle Milk.

Originally Posted by Steve212

roll.gif
Benefit Cards in New York buy you anything....

Back
Top Bottom