African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

African brother sets record straight on Hebrew and Islam religion

The caller doesn't know the history of his region bruh. Islam arrived in West Africa by way of the Sahara 1500 years ago and kingdoms started making it the official religion 1000 years ago (kingdom of Kanem). Sundiata Keita and Mansa Musa were Muslim. If he grew up in Gambia, he should know it considering that they teach this stuff in geography and history. Christianity has been present in the horn of Africa since it started (roughly 2000 years ago). It's literally part of the cultural fabric of Ethiopia and Egypt.

We can talk about the merits/issues of those religions without acting like they appeared in Africa 150 years ago.

Reactions: wr
I love this I am a Latina woman and it really baffles me when other Latinos from Caribbean countries try to deny their African roots. I am of Ecuadorian background and honestly i dont even know what that really means. I cant trace my ancestors so i just go with im a little bit of everything. All Latin american countries were built on so many races and nationalities i like to think we are all one big blend.

Last edited:
I love this I am a Latina woman and it really baffles me when other Latinos from Caribbean countries try to deny their African roots. I am of Ecuadorian background and honestly i dont even know what that really means. I can trace my ancestors so i just go with im a little bit of everything. All Latin american countries were built on so many races and nationalities i like to think we are all one big blend.

I love this I am a Latina woman and it really baffles me when other Latinos from Caribbean countries try to deny their African roots. I am of Ecuadorian background and honestly i dont even know what that really means. I cant trace my ancestors so i just go with im a little bit of everything. All Latin american countries were built on so many races and nationalities i like to think we are all one big blend.
The odd part about this is that clear West African traditions have been kept better in tact than in the u.s. & i'd assume canada.

Same slave ship, different ports. I can't understand trying to appeal more to your slave masters than your family because they spoke Spanish.
from my understanding, down there it's demonize & integrate ("mejorar la raza"), while up here it's was demonize and segregate.

cool, but not everyone has black or African ancestry.

Most South Americans have mainly European/Indigenous mixture, a some have African.

I would recommend you doing a ancestry.com
DNA test and it gives you a breakdown.

cool, but not everyone has black or African ancestry.

Most South Americans have mainly European/Indigenous mixture, a some have African.

I would recommend you doing a ancestry.com
DNA test and it gives you a breakdown.

Clearly i understand this. I'm talking about the majority of people that I know that are from countries from black or african ancestry. The mentality is because they speak spanish they are not black or of black decent. Me personally i don't care that much to really investigate where i am from. Maybe one day

82721665_10221223237146912_979075062554427392_n.jpg

All I know the Islamic black people who call themselves “Moors” and walk around with the flag of Morocco 🇲🇦 are really annoying, their sense of history is screwed up.

The video posted is more in line with history regarding Moors from North Africa that conquered the Iberian peninsula is the only Moors I recognize.

All I know the Islamic black people who call themselves “Moors” and walk around with the flag of Morocco 🇲🇦 are really annoying, their sense of history is screwed up.

The video posted is more in line with history regarding Moors from North Africa that conquered the Iberian peninsula is the only Moors I recognize.

Everything was stolen from us.

Our culture, religion, language, Gods...our history itself.

"They" replaced our history with His-story.

His-story is such an outrageously horrible lie that many of us are simply searching for a place to belong.

Even if that place is just another lie.

Personally I prefer facts...but nobody cares what my preferences are LOL!

The caller doesn't know the history of his region bruh. Islam arrived in West Africa by way of the Sahara 1500 years ago and kingdoms started making it the official religion 1000 years ago (kingdom of Kanem). Sundiata Keita and Mansa Musa were Muslim. If he grew up in Gambia, he should know it considering that they teach this stuff in geography and history. Christianity has been present in the horn of Africa since it started (roughly 2000 years ago). It's literally part of the cultural fabric of Ethiopia and Egypt.

We can talk about the merits/issues of those religions without acting like they appeared in Africa 150 years ago.

So we are just going to ignore the previous 1000s of years before the arrival of Islam and Christianity?

Island and Christianity has been a detriment to the black people of Africa. Religion is one of the biggest factors as to why outside people control 75% of the continent. Simple

It's really strange to see the congregation of some of these religions filled with poor and/or non white folks then get to the very top of the hierarchy and it's majority white men.

It's really strange to see the congregation of some of these religions filled with poor and/or non white folks then get to the very top of the hierarchy and it's majority white men.
No doubt. However, considering the state of the world this should be no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom