After bills, rent, etc paid, how much are you able to save?

Another trick to saving is simply treating your savings account like an expense and including it in a separate direct deposit.

Then the "net" amount to your checking or whatever serves for bills and fooling around money.

Another trick to saving is simply treating your savings account like an expense and including it in a separate direct deposit.

Then the "net" amount to your checking or whatever serves for bills and fooling around money.

This is exactly what I do :lol:

But I split my direct deposit into 3 different accounts.

One for spending money regularly, one for saving and another "fund" for "major" purchases i.e. house, boat, club fees etc etc

Last edited:
On an average I'll save around $2,500 a month. It would be more if my rent wasn't so high. Paying $3,200 a month for rent is getting ridiculous. At this point I'd rather have a mortgage.

:smh: at the dude who posted his paystub. Not a smart idea.

Not a good luck on my part but I had everything cut out that could of got me got cut out .

But for the topic I make about 9600 a month altogether. Rent is 1600 bills come in about at 500. I put at least 4k away for a rainy day fund every month. The rest is play money since all my automobiles are paid off

Not a good luck on my part but I had everything cut out that could of got me got cut out .

But for the topic I make about 9600 a month altogether. Rent is 1600 bills come in about at 500. I put at least 4k away for a rainy day fund every month. The rest is play money since all my automobiles are paid off

Where do you live? $1600 for rent is a dream for most people in NYC.

Considering to relocate near Wall Street for a job, NYC rent has me shook.

Lived in the Jersey suburbs majority of my life.

On an average I'll save around $2,500 a month. It would be more if my rent wasn't so high. Paying $3,200 a month for rent is getting ridiculous. At this point I'd rather have a mortgage.

mean.gif
at the dude who posted his paystub. Not a smart idea.

What you do for a living papi.. I know Hank Scorpio make that big money too 
nthat.gif

I'd be lucky to save around 2k a month.. it's usually around 1000-1200 for me.. saving 4k a month is
pimp.gif
 only in my dreams can I do that

I live in San Antonio for now but that 1600 a month is penthouse living down here. If y'all saw my partial pay stub before taxes I get about 4600-4900 every 2 weeks and then through recycling , eBay and little things throughout the month im able to collect another 1200-2200 a month as well. But I get taken on taxes since I'm single with no kids to claim its always about 1300 gone from my check before I even know it.

I'm going through my bills right now. After rent, util, loans, debts. I'm shelling out $1400 - $1500mo. I have $500 - $600 left over and I still need to pay for food, gas for car, and other misc living expenses. I say I end up with nothing left :smh: Now I'm to the point to where I'm working aggressively paying off some small debts in order to help pay off some larger debts quicker. Once I get a handle on those, I think I can start saving a little more easily.

Depends where you live OP, if ur in Manhattan, San Francisco, West Side LA, Miami Beach I hope you'll most likely have more than 1 stream of income.  If you're in a small town in kentucky, than it should be pretty easy for most to have extra money after all ur housing expenses

a good tip is to just have your bank account automatically transfer money from checking to savings every paycheck. you wont even notice it being gone

You don't want to live in the Financial District dude. It's like a ghost town after 5pm. All the shops and stores close around 7pm and it's so damn cold, because the river is right there. There's only a handful of places to go out to and the buildings aren't all that.

The only good thing is that it's comparatively cheaper than other places in Manhattan. You can find a 1 br in a decent building for around $2300 a month. I know some people who live in 200 Water Street with roommates in a 3br and they pay around $1500 a month.

Move to Astoria, Queens - cut your costs and just take the train in.

A LOT to do over in Astoria.

Move to Astoria, Queens - cut your costs and just take the train in.

A LOT to do over in Astoria.

This guy speaks the truth!

I remember back in undergrad--my buddies and I would go to Astoria to hit up the bars and hookah lounges and meet girls out there. Very fun place to be year round. The rent is going up in Astoria as well from what I've heard. A lot of people are looking to move into Long Island City, Astoria, Woodside because of how close it is from Manhattan.

Yeah, Astoria is getting hot. Moved there about a year ago. Dope area but getting pretty expensive.

Last edited:
A few of my friends have apartments in Astoria. I like running the track in the park. Didn't know there was a Wingstop on Steinway. Will pig out on wings next time i'm in the area.

This too! We has multiple deductions that come out before we even see them so our household checks are smaller than they really are. HSA, Retirement, savings, etc. We also keep money in several banks too depending on the need and it also makes you think when you really need to spend money. Using a debit card will save thousands in a year vs. a credit card since you're using your actual money instead of future earnings.

if you are able to save 1/4 of your check, you are doing ok. they say having a min of 3 months work in the savings is a good safety net inc case of an emergency.

once you grow out of going out just to go out, eating out most days of the week, clubbing/going out to bars every weekend youll see those dividends in your wallet.

we all grow out of it

i save on avg about 4-500, (never less than 3 though )every 2 weeks.  

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback, Hank and J's.

My buddy works in Compliance in the Financial District. He's been a big help on finding places, what to expect, the transition.

Hank: I was planning to stay around 2K, 1 BR near Wall Street. Even less, if possible.

J's: What's the price range for a modest 1 BR in Astoria?

I also wonder the commute time on the subway from Astoria to the Financial District.

I'm also considering to commute from Jersey if I do in fact accept the NYC position.

Appreciate the feedback, Hank and J's.

My buddy works in Compliance in the Financial District. He's been a big help on finding places, what to expect, the transition.

Hank: I was planning to stay around 2K, 1 BR near Wall Street. Even less, if possible.

J's: What's the price range for a modest 1 BR in Astoria?

I also wonder the commute time on the subway from Astoria to the Financial District.

I'm also considering to commute from Jersey if I do in fact accept the NYC position.

You can get a nice one bedroom in Astoria for as low as $1600. There is so much to do around there if you ever don't feel like doing something in Manhattan.

NT Summit at Bud's Ale House :lol:

Back
Top Bottom