Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
woodbury was basically easy... one thing i have to say is that if you are one of the first people to get in line and cop your pairs great for you. But if you think you will turn around and jump in front of me and my lady so you can cop your second before I copped my first you air must be bugging? Yeah I said something no he did not cut me. I dont give a -------- but if ya trying to be slick do it right otherwise you dont know who is on line and being it was an outlet you dont know what people have in their car. It could of gotten real ugly real quick! other then dudes not knowing how to be smooth it was an alright release

You find out who your real "comrads" are on a hot release.

Dudes think so short term, or really hurting for funds.  I dunno.

Either way, public thanks to the most unlikely source who looked out for me @ Concord on my size 11 when they were sitting on a ton. 

Payment sent chief!

bucknuteagle wrote:
That might be the shadiest story on here.  But it's also your fault dude, you should've asked for a manager the second he tried to pull that.  There's always a way to get around the random shady employees.

You're probably right. Like I said, I just felt uncomfortable and other than the cashiers, he was the only employee I saw in the store when I came in so I didn't feel like I had many options. I'll live without these, and I'm looking forward to the TBs on Saturday which will be an easy cop. Just frustrated that I was lied to, especially if it was because of my race.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Woodbury was easy, they had 100 pairs and everyone went ffor seconds even thirds. The crew got 12 pairs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VDFOSHO

Was able to get mine @ Woodbury Outlets. Real strict on the 1 per person though. Had extra employees doing face recognition smdh.
are there 2 different woodbury outlets?

Originally Posted by Jah23

these are just another spizike imo...not sure why this has more posts than the TB.This will be hard to resell... haha they went straight to the outlets..
we appreciate your opinion.

trappedintime, sorry to hear they did you dirty like that. sad to see how people get so greedy like that.

these are just another spizike imo...not sure why this has more posts than the TB.This will be hard to resell... haha they went straight to the outlets..

Kill yourself TWO times, please.

Was a pretty easy cop at cabazon but after you got your pair they didnt let you double up even though they had extra wristbands. was pretty weak

Originally Posted by trappedintime

bucknuteagle wrote:
That might be the shadiest story on here.  But it's also your fault dude, you should've asked for a manager the second he tried to pull that.  There's always a way to get around the random shady employees.

You're probably right. Like I said, I just felt uncomfortable and other than the cashiers, he was the only employee I saw in the store when I came in so I didn't feel like I had many options. I'll live without these, and I'm looking forward to the TBs on Saturday which will be an easy cop. Just frustrated that I was lied to, especially if it was because of my race.

Yeah if I was the only black dude at a random spot in middle-of-nowhere Ohio with a crew of dudes packing up white sheets on a tractor outside,  I'd probably feel the same way. And so true about the TBs on Saturday... on to the next one.

I feel like I got discriminated against and screwed over by shady management at the South Chicago store. I pulled up at 10:45 (they open at 10). There was a crew of big dudes at the back of a Caddy, putting bags (with shoe boxes) into the trunk. I'd estimate 6-10 bags/pairs. I never saw the actual boxes, so I couldn't be sure, but they were definitely loading up. They spotted me and closed up the trunk to this car and 4 of them were just leaning up against the back of the car, all of them giving me looks. Whatever, no big deal. So I walk into the outlet and see this employee standing in the middle of the store. I walk up to him and this is the encounter:

Me: Hey, I'm looking to pick up a pair of the Banned 1's. What sizes you got left?
Him: We don't got none of those.
Me: You don't have any left at all?
Him: We don't got those.
Me: Well I know someone who was in here in the last 45 minutes and grabbed a pair.
Him: I dunno what ya talkin bout, but if you want them you should go camp up at Aurora tomorrow night. They gettin' em in for Friday.
Me: Huh? Aurora got them this morning and I know you guys got them too. This was your second shipment.
Him: Nah, don't know what you talkin bout. Aurora is havin another release on Friday mornin from what I heard but you best get there tomorrow night if you wanna cop.
Me: So you're telling me you didn't get any of these shoes today and there aren't any at this store?
Him: Nah man, I told you! I ain't got nothin' here for you. Is that it, is that the reason you're here?
Me: It was, and it's now the reason I'm leaving.

I walked out and saw the same crew talking out by the Caddy. Obviously they knew why I'd shown up, and I don't know what the deal was, but some shady %*@% was going down. I called Aurora as soon as I left and the woman I spoke with told me that was "news to us" regarding a second shipment or release on Friday. She said they had sold out of the couple hundred pairs they got, and that I could call back to find out if they were getting any more, but as far as she knew that was all they were getting and obviously there were none left.

I had never been to that outlet before, but I guess I learned my lesson. Don't show up to a hood store alone trying to get some Jordans if you're white cause they'll play dumb, feed you a whole bunch of BS and pretty much tell you to piss off. Needless to say, I have a sour taste in my mouth knowing I missed my opportunity with these, likely due to some shady business at that outlet.
That's cold and was definitely shady business, but I wouldn't say it's just because of your race.  B.S. happens, you just have to speak up.  Concord Mills was very organized however.  I ended up with my size easily.  Initially I was told that they would not be letting anyone get doubles until at least 12 noon, but there were people jumping back in line immediately getting theirs.  At least they handled everyone who had tickets first.  Overall, I'm happy; ended up with my size 10 and an 8.5.

damn all these pics and stories of copping multiples has got me anxious, i have to wait till friday for my outlet to release them. at least i wont need to camp overnight for them, just show up about an hour before they open and i should be good, resellers arent that bad in houston, most of the pairs will go to true sneakerheads. if for some weird reason i cant cop my sz i wont be upset, im not a big fan of retro 1's but these have better quality than most jordan retros so i need at least 1 pair in my rotation.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Woodbury was easy, they had 100 pairs and everyone went ffor seconds even thirds. The crew got 12 pairs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VDFOSHO

Was able to get mine @ Woodbury Outlets. Real strict on the 1 per person though. Had extra employees doing face recognition smdh.
are there 2 different woodbury outlets?

we appreciate your opinion.

trappedintime, sorry to hear they did you dirty like that. sad to see how people get so greedy like that.

Nah its the same woodbury. We just hopped back on, and also got random people passing to get a few more for us free of charge. I showed up 15 mins before opening, some clowns were there since nighttime
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yungone350

citadel was very organized, approx 140 pairs avail to approx 180 people. only 2 size 9's. channel 7 and channel 5 were there as well. seems like a self promoting press by nike. The shoe is amazing, quality is on point and comes with 3 set of laces, nice.
Word? I saw dudes cutting lines...

Originally Posted by BasirWaahid

Any Vegas Updates? Don't want the shoes, just want to hear the stories. I get a kick out of skimming through these posts & seeing what everyone had to go thru to get their pair(s).

Outlet on the strip was sold out at 10AM.......I overheard someone say they opened up early since people were camped out. I have no idea what the scene is like at the downtown location.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I feel like I got discriminated against and screwed over by shady management at the South Chicago store. I pulled up at 10:45 (they open at 10). There was a crew of big dudes at the back of a Caddy, putting bags (with shoe boxes) into the trunk. I'd estimate 6-10 bags/pairs. I never saw the actual boxes, so I couldn't be sure, but they were definitely loading up. They spotted me and closed up the trunk to this car and 4 of them were just leaning up against the back of the car, all of them giving me looks. Whatever, no big deal. So I walk into the outlet and see this employee standing in the middle of the store. I walk up to him and this is the encounter:

Me: Hey, I'm looking to pick up a pair of the Banned 1's. What sizes you got left?
Him: We don't got none of those.
Me: You don't have any left at all?
Him: We don't got those.
Me: Well I know someone who was in here in the last 45 minutes and grabbed a pair.
Him: I dunno what ya talkin bout, but if you want them you should go camp up at Aurora tomorrow night. They gettin' em in for Friday.
Me: Huh? Aurora got them this morning and I know you guys got them too. This was your second shipment.
Him: Nah, don't know what you talkin bout. Aurora is havin another release on Friday mornin from what I heard but you best get there tomorrow night if you wanna cop.
Me: So you're telling me you didn't get any of these shoes today and there aren't any at this store?
Him: Nah man, I told you! I ain't got nothin' here for you. Is that it, is that the reason you're here?
Me: It was, and it's now the reason I'm leaving.

I walked out and saw the same crew talking out by the Caddy. Obviously they knew why I'd shown up, and I don't know what the deal was, but some shady %*@% was going down. I called Aurora as soon as I left and the woman I spoke with told me that was "news to us" regarding a second shipment or release on Friday. She said they had sold out of the couple hundred pairs they got, and that I could call back to find out if they were getting any more, but as far as she knew that was all they were getting and obviously there were none left.

I had never been to that outlet before, but I guess I learned my lesson. Don't show up to a hood store alone trying to get some Jordans if you're white cause they'll play dumb, feed you a whole bunch of BS and pretty much tell you to piss off. Needless to say, I have a sour taste in my mouth knowing I missed my opportunity with these, likely due to some shady business at that outlet.

Damn bro, so many shady stories going on for these. I know for a FACT they got this release. As my boy scooped up two pairs this morning. He got there at 7:30 and they started wrist bands at 8:30. He had his pairs by 9.

Man fam, you should have asked for a manager or something. Resellers are killing this game. Its actually pretty sad.
I probably should have asked for a manager, but given the scene outside with those guys - who I doubt were just chillin after stocking up on some hyperdunks - and given that I was alone and the only white person in sight, I just figured it was best to leave rather than let things devolve from there. At the end of the day it's still just a pair of shoes, not anything worth fighting for or getting your @@+ beat over (or worse).
If I had to guess they moved a small amount this morning cause everyone thought the Aurora store was the only one getting them. After the initial hit this morning the employees and their crew rolled the rest. I'll never know but that guy wasn't honest with me at all.
sorry to hear that man....
mad.gif

I guess its safe to say that phone calls are a crap shoot.

When I called South Chi, the lady on the phone was real nice. I told her I lived an hour away and wanted to know my chances of picking up a pair in my size. She put me on hold to make the effort to try to see how many pairs were left... then came back to tell me not many... and made the extra step to ask what size I was. I told her my size and then she put me on hold again to go count how many pairs in my size were still left. Came back to let me know and tell me its my call on whether to try to make the trip.

Aurora was good enough to let me know that 100+ people were already in line for these by open at 8 am and that they could not disclose how many they got.

Man, I hit up a few dudes on here for a size 13 last night. I hope that one of them come through for me. If not, I will have to pass on these cuz I'm not doing eBay's unrealistic prices.
pimp.gif

Man, if there is a shoe god, please shine your light on me. Lol!
laugh.gif

Im assuming shoepalace is a store?...im not from the bay so yeah lol
but whoever was cut by shoepalace fools should rob his store...he basically robbed u guys

This was crazy for real. It sucks that everyone couldn't get their pairs b/c of shady @!%$. Closest outlet to me was 8 hours away in NC
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dharv

Originally Posted by techmen31

The have 15 and 16 too.
One size 15 in the entire country as of now. Chicago got that one.

What !?!?! South Cottage location?
I know a sz 15 was one of the last ones to fly out the doors at Aurora but not sure but So Chi.

Originally Posted by joekamel

I guess its safe to say that phone calls are a crap shoot.

When I called South Chi, the lady on the phone was real nice. I told her I lived an hour away and wanted to know my chances of picking up a pair in my size. She put me on hold to make the effort to try to see how many pairs were left... then came back to tell me not many... and made the extra step to ask what size I was. I told her my size and then she put me on hold again to go count how many pairs in my size were still left. Came back to let me know and tell me its my call on whether to try to make the trip.

Aurora was good enough to let me know that 100+ people were already in line for these by open at 8 am and that they could not disclose how many they got.

Around 200 pairs, and it was a 2 limit pair per customer, everyone was copping 2 pairs.

Originally Posted by joekamel

Originally Posted by dharv

One size 15 in the entire country as of now. Chicago got that one.

What !?!?! South Cottage location?
I know a sz 15 was one of the last ones to fly out the doors at Aurora but not sure but So Chi.

Man I would have wanted that. Has anyone confirmed how these things run yet? Im assuming small.

Originally Posted by Vinsanity

whats the latest info down @ the outlet in ac????

Gone...There were plenty of pairs too.  I was able to cop 3.  I got there at 7:30 and I was like 21 on line.  Peeps got back in line and got 2 or 3.  Sorry bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom