Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by KMNewark

i cant wait for this madness to be over with..... i just want my one pair and be happy!
i feel the exact same way.  give me my one pair so i can go on with my life.
laugh.gif

Are all pairs B-grades or not?

For the pairs that are B-grades, where exactly are they stamping them B-Grade at? I haven't seen a pic of one showing the stamp.

**Story that has been evolving since last week

None of the pairs are "true" b grades. As mentioned before, this was a sample shoe that was supposed to be released. Nike and JB clashed over the "Nike Air"(as always), so they changed the final GR of the shoe. Problem was, that they had already put some of this sample shoe through production. Some got burned, but they were still sitting on about 5K pairs or so. Nike then put them in outlets(like they do all of there sample shoes that reach the public). Only difference in this one in particular is more samples were made as opposed to the standard size 9.

^^ I understand that, and thanks for the info, but do any of the pairs have a B-Grade or an indication of such on them?

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

^^ I understand that, and thanks for the info, but do any of the pairs have a B-Grade or an indication of such on them?

i've seen some with and i've seen some without, but as stated, all of them are not really true B grades just because of the stamp

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

You mean their customers?

Tell you the truth a lot of these cats at outlets are jokes.  Total blunder on the customer service side from Nike on this one.  Bottom line is they should have done this release better and prepped for a higher amount of phone orders, or at the very least afford people who don't live near outlets the courtesy of ordering online.  Huge disappointment, Nike employees are crapping on a lot of their best customers with this nonsense.
dude you dont seem to understand the business side of nike 
i agree too bad phone orders cant be made

but from the people on the phone i talked with at outlets from this past week the order for NO phone orders came from someone at nike corporate 

outlets are doing so good that my guess is nike dropped these shoes at outlets only for the reason to give people a reason to travel to a outlet rather then call over the phone and buy a shoe

because the shoes are not b grades 

i myself got lucky since i dont have a car and cant get to a outlet 

why nike dont have a outlet closer to major big city's like Manhattan for example is beyond me 

the outlets are a cash cow for nike and this is a way for nike to have more people come to a outlet then ever before 

Right.  That's the problem.  Bottom line, like many here, I've spent thousands on Nikes over the years.   If a pair comes out strictly to outlets, who have a known history of doing phone orders, I want one if I call and the shoe is in stock.  Period.  No questions asked.  There's a difference between having a blind sense of entitlement and basic courtesy towards your customers.  If it's a pain to the employees at the outlets, quite frankly I don't care.  Our demand is what enables them to charge what they do for Jordans.  Us, the guys on here.  Not John Q and the kids heading to the outlet mall on a Saturday with the kids, who just happens to stumble upon a pair of these.  I've worked in retail through both undergraduate and graduate schooling, and in no other business aside from the sneaker game do I see a customer base who is so willing to bow to what the company they're buying from says to this degree.  I refused to take no for an answer on a phone order the other day and my pair arrived today.  I'm happy I received mine, but it really pisses me off to hear about how the sales reps at outlets nationwide have been complete douchebags over the phone to simple inquiries about stock or the order processes.  It's a joke. 
i hear ya man and i agree with you 
i think the majority of people who work at the outlets are quite nice to be frank with you and i am not the type of person to hold back when i pay for something and get crappy service

i got 6 pairs of pewter foams 2 pairs of royal foams 3 pairs of air force 1 foams in slive  and 2 kobe purple foams  a pair of cool grey 11 (that i returned and waiting or the money to go back on my credit card) plus 2 pairs of 25 anniversay 11 and the banned jordan 1's all in this month alone  

i am not going to lie i got all these shoes to flip and got them all at the cheapect price points possible not counting the banned 1 and the cool grey 11's 

BTW the banned 1's i got for myself not to flip unless i get a size 9 in them 

the last 2 shoes where the more expensive 

just because people where so helpful at the outlets 

the reason nike i believe made this shoe a "outlet exclusive" is to give customers who would not go the the big chain stores or sneakers boutiques a unique shopping experience and i kind of understand that in a strange way

think about it like this 

your a 13 to 17 year old kid and just started to collect shoes people in your high school and you live in the suburbs have all the General Released  jordans foams nikes ect 

you always go to your local outlets or this is the first time and you get the info from niketalk or stumbled into the outlet for the first time and you see the banned jordan 1's 

you will be the only kid in school with them 

now nike has a outlet customer for the rest of this kids shoe collecting life

he did not call the order in this kid did not spend thousands and thousands of dollars for years on sneakers like most of us had or have

hes a new collect hypebeast what ever you want to call it 

and most important in nikes eyes hes foot traffic not phone traffic 

who will now go to the outlets before going anywhere else to buy sneakers

its nikes way to get new blood into the stores or have the old blood (thats us) go to the outlets more frequently 

i would like to see what other members have to add to this 

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

what does it matter if people are in the outlets or not? The stuff is still pretty expensive, plus its mostly the stuff that nobody wanted or that Nike made too much of...very rarely is there good stuff in an outlet.

thats far from the truth as i said in the post above this
the outlets are where your networking and people skills will really come into play to get the good stuff 

look at the dude on ebay that gets the exclusive stuff from the outlets i forget his name hes not on niketalk 24/7 looking to buy yellowed bo jacksons for $24.99 

hes getting top shoes for pennys and making good money off it 

bottom line nike dont give a damn about its long time and loyal customers and i am not talking about there sales people or managers that are in store they only work there 

i am talking about people at nikes corporate level 

all three lace set say "imagine if" on the eyelets?....
pimp.gif

nice Type X very nice

sz 14 damn you should be able to get a twin for yourself easy 
smokin.gif

the other thing about the shoes i just noticed is of my pairs the one shoe has a production date made in 2010 the other shoe has a production date made in 2009

i think thats the only reason there b grades beyond that the shoes are prefect

Originally Posted by ColdCity

pimp.gif

nice Type X very nice

smokin.gif

Yes all three sets say imagine if on them

I'm actually an 11.5 , i just was lucky enough to get a pair didnt really care what sz it was
smile.gif
i'm an MJ fan AND a sneakerfan
wink.gif

Don't plan on going to ebay, going to try to get a pair for myself and luckily know some sneakerheads buddies that have hooked me up in the past and are a 14 so they will go to people who appreciate them vs some resellers carpayment hahah

One thing that I've noticed, and I don't know if others have mentioned this before or not, is that on the tongue the Nike and swoosh symbol do not have trademark symbols as all the original AJ 1's had (my 2001 breds have it too).

I wonder if this is the REAL REASON why these shoes were scrapped? Nike wouldn't allow their product to be mass produced without having their trademark on there.

Type X wrote:
ColdCity wrote:
pimp.gif

nice Type X very nice

smokin.gif

Yes all three sets say imagine if on them

I'm actually an 11.5 , i just was lucky enough to get a pair didnt really care what sz it was 
smile.gif
 i'm an MJ fan AND a sneakerfan 
wink.gif

Don't plan on going to ebay, going to try to get a pair for myself and luckily know some sneakerheads buddies that have hooked me up in the past and are a 14 so they will go to people who appreciate them vs some resellers carpayment hahah
^ i would have grabbed them too found another pair in my sz & still keep em

One thing that I've noticed, and I don't know if others have mentioned this before or not, is that on the tongue the Nike and swoosh symbol do not have trademark symbols as all the original AJ 1's had (my 2001 breds have it too).

I wonder if this is the REAL REASON why these shoes were scrapped? Nike wouldn't allow their product to be mass produced without having their trademark on there.
also true.....

Pics looking good
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Any of you guys gonna wear these, or you guys copping just to collect them???

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Pics looking good

wearing them asap & if i can find a 2nd they will be my new rotation blk/red 1...my straps are lookin beat
laugh.gif

An excellent observation and quite possibly could have attributed to them being "discontinued". 

I'm buying to wear my pair. I don't know if I'll immediately put it on as a black leather shoe at this time of the year can get really hot, I'll probably box it until the fall when it'll come out into full rotation.

wow, I guess I haven't been paying attention to the shoe itself with all this craziness, somehow I missed all the little x's all over the inside until I saw X' pics...it actually took me from planning on driving 2 and a half hours away to just taking my chances that some outlets will open up to phone orders later that day...If I miss out...I'll just go find a pair of 01's instead of spending money on gas and wear on my vehicle and get a more true to original release...

X, did you get those from south chi? ...I think that is the size 14 I passed on for the cool grey 11's once I finally got through to south chi that day since I only could only get one or the other with the dollar limit and all.

Originally Posted by Mikey23

Pics looking good

if i can get my hands on them, it will most likely be just for collection purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom