Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^no worries, then
smile.gif
that's all that matters, so good pick up, mate!

finally broke down and copped a pair of size 14s. i normally wear a 13 but the deal was too good to pass up.

i saw some of the posts about sizing and it seems to be a mixed bag. some say they're true to size. others say they run a little small. frankly i always thoughts AJIs always ran big. guess i'll find out soon enough lol.

Sucks these never saw a GR release, but I couldn't miss out on them.

Had to travel a couple of hours to get them, but my girl and a good friend of mine came with, so it made the trip better.

Not sure when/why this thread got bumped, but ironically I wore my pair the other day...

Called out of work to grab these on release day. I was so mad that these released on a weekday. Showed up to citadel outlets here in LA and was the 99th person in line. But was able to grab my size 12 and my brother got his 10.5. I was never happy with these because what I really wanted was a pair of 2001s. So I sold them on the hype train and made enough profit to grab a pair of ds 2001s. The leather on the banneds was superb but I just couldn't have that x on the heel. In my opinion the 2001s are still better.

Originally Posted by sentinel se7en

Called out of work to grab these on release day. I was so mad that these released on a weekday. Showed up to citadel outlets here in LA and was the 99th person in line. But was able to grab my size 12 and my brother got his 10.5. I was never happy with these because what I really wanted was a pair of 2001s. So I sold them on the hype train and made enough profit to grab a pair of ds 2001s. The leather on the banneds was superb but I just couldn't have that x on the heel. In my opinion the 2001s are still better.
I did the same thing. 2001 > Banned

had some extra money this month...look at what came for me in the mail a couple days ago
happy.gif
.....couldnt post pics when they came in cuz of ghost pages on here but here u go, u guys were right about the quality on them i am very happy with my purchase, box kinda beat up but ohh well glad i finally have them in my collection

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My thing is that I don't understand why when JB did the patent versions for the black/gold, carolina/white, and white/red/black..... why didn't they just leave the carolinas and white/red/black just regular leather.... I mean the black and gold I can kind of understand because it works..... but the other colorways it just ruined that classic look.... almost tacky in a way. And as far as 01's go I own the royals and breds from 01', alongside with the midnight navys and metallics. If you compare the 01's and the banneds.... I still prefer the banneds. Premium leather. I personally like the X and the inside of the shoe. And oh yeah I like a leather swoosh on the 1's. I know for fact the suede bleeds and fades on the midnight navys. Can't say the same for the breds and royals as I never wore them. But as the sneaker ages.... I will take leather swoosh over suede swoosh all day.

i own both and i gotta say (prolly already said it in here), these banneds > 2001's...

just cuz of the leather on the banneds... easily one of the best jordan retro's in 10 years...

only thing is about these banned 1's, and the reason i let mine go - they are lower cut
than the 2001...in fact, from the 85 to the 95 to the 01 to these - the blk/red 1 has progressively
gotten shorter

the banned 1's height is inbetween the 2001 blk/red & the OLNL joints which are straight up mids
so they don't look right or feel right on foot, unless your never worn an older pair of 1's

Originally Posted by green rhino123

only thing is about these banned 1's, and the reason i let mine go - they are lower cut
than the 2001...in fact, from the 85 to the 95 to the 01 to these - the blk/red 1 has progressively
gotten shorter

the banned 1's height is inbetween the 2001 blk/red & the OLNL joints which are straight up mids
so they don't look right or feel right on foot, unless your never worn an older pair of 1's

Yea I noticed the same thing when I put my OLNL, 01, banned, side by side next to each other.. it honestly doesn't bug me at all but I would love to have older 1s. 90 %+$ release, shoot even d ogs I would love to own atleast one.. fill me in on how the comfort level of older retros and ogs compare to 01, and banneds. As I may prolly never find a vnds/ds pair that's wearable and for a good price.. =(

^

honestly, comfortablility is arguable
the 2001 has plush ankle padding (like a lot of the retros of different models from 01-03 i have noticed)
but the 95 has a more comfortable sole & better materials
og's are before my time, i was 9 when they came out & never went back paying $1000+ for a nice pair

but the ogs & 95 both are cut high
there is just something about the feel of lacing up a pair of 1's cut like that all the way to the top
totally immobilizing your ankle, if you play ball - you'll never twist it, better chance of straight breaking it in two
with the way the shoe locks you down

its the quality that seperates the 1 from other subsequent models therefore is just as essential as the colorway or materials

and i don't see why you can't get you older pair one of these days, 1's last the longest
and if you buy multiple pairs a year, instead make a "buy what you like" decision and cop an older pair when you can

A fellow sneaker collector wants me to trade him my size 9 for his size 8, the 8 is small for me but he will camp for the big bang 9's and sell me the pair for retail..Plus i wasn't planning on wearing the banneds anyways, this way we both are helping each other out.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by DRose22

A fellow sneaker collector wants me to trade him my size 9 for his size 8, the 8 is small for me but he will camp for the big bang 9's and sell me the pair for retail..Plus i wasn't planning on wearing the banneds anyways, this way we both are helping each other out.
glasses.gif

Thats cool for ya
smokin.gif
, to me I personally would want my size no matter what. But to each his own.

Originally Posted by DRose22

glasses.gif

I'm sorry, but those lebrons are the most hyped shoe of the year. Compared to the rest of the line, they leave much to be desired.
Good to see this thread still beating! 
pimp.gif

Anyway, here's my story. Managed to scoop a pair from the original MLK outlet release, but I couldn't get my size so I had to grab the size 10. When word broke out that these would hit more outlets, I threw them in the buy/sell forum as for trade only in hopes that someone that missed out on their size could grab me my 11.5 and trade me. After about a week of them sitting there, I had no bites (or so I thought). The other outlets released their pairs and my trade hopes were looking dim (430am tried to lookout, but the biggest he had was an 11). Decided to sell them in order to buy my size. Sold them to the homie Jeff (mr2cool80
nerd.gif
) for 210 shipped. Literally 2 minutes after completing the deal, I get a text from bighead balrog asking why I didn't reply to the email. He had sent me an email a couple days earlier for a straight up trade for the size 12 he had grabbed, but gmail sent the email straight to my spam folder 
mad.gif
. So now I'm contemplating hitting jeff back up and telling him that I'd have to refund him his money, but I'm a man of my word and since we had an agreement, I had to keep my word. So now, with 210 in hand, I start my search for my size 11.5/12. A couple days later one of the NT homies said he could do 200 shipped for his size 11.5. Success! 

This was easily my favorite release of all time. There were no pm lists, no secretive posts, just straight solid info and NT'ers looking out for each other.

Easily my most favorite pu of the year. Let's keep this thread going guys!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Oh, and sorry for posting the book 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom