Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

I just noticed that MJ's PE had a black tongue.

View media item 420955
We've had this conversation 10x in this thread already. The PEs had the black tongue, the GRs had the white tongue. I personally prefer the PEs.

Its pretty much the 1s version of the 23 vs no 23 on the Vs. I prefer the 23 on the models that he wore on court since he wore pairs that had the 23

I take it you haven't worn your Royals. I don't think I have had a shoe that stresses (not creases) so easily. Already losing its color in a few places and I have worn it about 6 times

LMAO 6 times?!? I've probably worn my Royals 35 times since RD, as those, Banned 1's, and 88's are about all I've worn over that time. I put em on the second they came through the door and wore em everyday til the end of march. Mine don't have any issues really at all. I know you specifically didn't say creases, and I know what you mean by stresses, but mine don't have those issues. I have very slight creasing but only on the sides and hardly even across the top where they bend at all. And no sneakershields in the royals for me. They are in the Banned's though because they were a little less snug. But my deep royal color is still vibrant everywhere on the shoe. LOL it's those cheap Aussie pairs you got! (kidding :lol: )

@hyalite, that's been discussed with a few more visual aids if you want to check them out. You can pull up the pictures in this thread using the gallery view on the right at the top of the page, click on the same picture you posted plus more, and be directed to the discussion or you can use the advanced search and search for AirThompson posts. He is the one that posted many photos about it and was part of the history lesson. It's about 100 pages ago.

Edit: nice picture Spenna!! Those look very nice!

Last edited:
Not lookin bad in my area a couple footaction around the way getting them that didnot receive the royals

get ready to be disappointed.... word around the midwest is not looking good, its going to be a scramble to find pairs due to a production error.

Congrats Mark! Damn that's a nice shoe!

So is there anyone that knows anymore about this production error than what they are getting secondhand from the guys on twitter? I see a lot of regurgitating of those tweets, never credited, so it looks like someone in the know told you instead. So if that isn't the case, then what's the issue?

I'm baffled at this production issue we're hearing about. That's pretty embarrassing for a company, not something that should be happening with less than a week from release.

I'll make some cookies and on occasion, burn them because I left them in the oven, but I'm no cook. You're in the making shoes business and you can't get it right? Shouldn't 1's be the easiest to make? It's like playing the first level of Mario brothers.

Last edited:
This release is not looking good over here on the west. Any of my So Cal NT members feel the same? Feel like the only places getting them are FTL HOH and they are doing raffles.. which  never go in your favor.
mean.gif
frown.gif

I'm baffled at this production issue we're hearing about. That's pretty embarrassing for a company, not something that should be happening with less than a week from release.

I'll make some cookies and on occasion, burn them because I left them in the oven, but I'm no cook. You're in the making shoes business and you can't get it right? Shouldn't 1's be the easiest to make? It's like playing the first level of Mario brothers.

:rofl:

100+ posts overnight, the hype train is rolling in. Its retail or bust for me. While these shoes are nice, I rather pickup another pair of Vegas or '09 Shadows then pay over retail.

Good luck everyone.

Just when i start panic mode from this thread i step back and realize its starting to come from overseas. Hope y'all made bank on them royals while u could.

Champs twitter continues to say they will have em so someone miss spoke i think. Honestly i cant trust what companies tweet back when getting hounded late at night. The repetition of questions is painful to read.

I purchased a pair from Grailstatus.com on Sunday.

Anyone else? :nerd:

Their site originally stated that they had them in stock and would ship yesterday, their site now states that they are in stock, but will ship the 27th :smh:

I've sent them multiple emails, and haven't received anything back. Seems like a pretty legit website too, I remember people were ordering Roshe runs from them last year and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Nothing smooth about OG 1 releases this year i guess, lol (Sans Clover)

I personally think Nike knows this NA branding is a big deal so to raise the level of demand you lower the level of supply!! there is no production issues or bad quality lol they been in this business for a very long time to where they have it down to a science how to produce these shoes. You aint fooling nobody JB/Nike. When in business you always plan for long term and I think overall we will be seeing a lot more NA branding on popular shoes (hint hint) 88's SUCCESS, 1's HUGE SUCCESS what next introduce the 5's or 6's, I do hear the 6's are planed for "14....

I purchased a pair from Grailstatus.com on Sunday.

Anyone else? :nerd:

Their site originally stated that they had them in stock and would ship yesterday, their site now states that they are in stock, but will ship the 27th :smh:

I've sent them multiple emails, and haven't received anything back. Seems like a pretty legit website too, I remember people were ordering Roshe runs from them last year and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Nothing smooth about OG 1 releases this year i guess, lol (Sans Clover)
Very interesting. If it makes you feel any better, I ordered Friday night And mine got shipped yesterday (Monday). I think they were trying to cater to those who paid Friday night because GS said it was $10 more for having it early (I complained to them why they lowered the price $10). I will keep you updated if they really are legit come Wednesday (hope I don't miss my mailman)

hopefully the production error is similar to the black bottom 9s, but instead they made black tongue black toes! then they'll sell em on ndc for 100! 99% likely that didn't happen but it's just my dream to have OG PE Black Toes

Very interesting. If it makes you feel any better, I ordered Friday night And mine got shipped yesterday (Monday). I think they were trying to cater to those who paid Friday night because GS said it was $10 more for having it early (I complained to them why they lowered the price $10). I will keep you updated if they really are legit come Wednesday (hope I don't miss my mailman)

Thanks for the response fam, I actually just received an email from Tommy Le ( owner apparently) :nerd:

Which stated,

Hey *****,

I actually did a mistake on my listing on my website. Shoes will be guarantee to be ship between may 25th-27th. If you want me to refund your money, i can do so by today. But remember these are guarantee/reserve pairs that will be ship to you.

Sent from my iPhone

:smh:

Would Concords be an even trade for these? Thinking if I don't get these for retail, I can give up one of my pairs.

depends, now that Concords are grey-all-over, if you have receipts for your Cords I'd keep em and just wait til RD for these.

Back
Top Bottom