Air Jordan 1 High OG “Tie-Dye” $170

And yup, resellers using their bots are taking the fun out of the experience. I truly miss back in the day when you had to put in WORK to get heat! Wake up early on Saturday morning to line up at the store and cop the old fashion way.....at least that was a level playing field (for the most part because backdooring was around back then too).
Bots have ruined EVERYTHING. I can’t believe it has come to this. I even had a hard time getting a LeBron. :smh:

Nike delivered. I got this Will Smith shirt last year in a set of variously colored tie-dye shirts, so took a pic of it with the kicks as well. Feelin like a hippie ✌🏾
C545ABD0-61A2-4CE7-BFBB-C44A85AE05AB.jpeg
B11DC076-0675-4695-BC89-95219A200C5B.jpeg
F1210850-65AF-451C-B08E-7CFF733C4749.jpeg

Last edited:
I was a bit confused as to why this release had family sizing. I mean, usually QS sneakers do not have that and usually GR drops have adult, grade school and preschool sizes. I wish Nike would have made more women's sizes and cut back on the grade school and preschool sizes (or just not have those at all), but that is just my opinion.

And yup, resellers using their bots are taking the fun out of the experience. I truly miss back in the day when you had to put in WORK to get heat! Wake up early on Saturday morning to line up at the store and cop the old fashion way.....at least that was a level playing field (for the most part because backdooring was around back then too).

Thing is Kid’s sizes sell way more than Women’s. Women interest in Jordan’s will never match that of Men and Kids. And online ordering and raffles are way more convenient and safer than lining up for FCFS. Resellers have been around for decades and will continue to be around. I don’t sell but I honestly don’t have a problem with them. If you’ve been in the game a while you should at least have a plug or two. And if you don’t and really want a release an extra $50-$100 shouldn’t bother you. That’s nothing. Jordan’s have never been cheap.

copped this for whenever i get my pair(s). doesn't show on the pic, but the darkest spots are blue just like the shoes.
IMG_20200702_212945_056.jpg

Last edited:
Thing is Kid’s sizes sell way more than Women’s. Women interest in Jordan’s will never match that of Men and Kids. And online ordering and raffles are way more convenient and safer than lining up for FCFS. Resellers have been around for decades and will continue to be around. I don’t sell but I honestly don’t have a problem with them. If you’ve been in the game a while you should at least have a plug or two. And if you don’t and really want a release an extra $50-$100 shouldn’t bother you. That’s nothing. Jordan’s have never been cheap.

In my message I specifically said resellers WITH BOTS are messing up the experience, not resellers in general. I do not want to be in competition with computer bots and that is how I feel about it. I have no issue with folks wanting to resell (get your money how you can get it).

Also, sneakers are not that deep for me to get a plug because I do not trust people like that. Unless I meet up with you and, from a distance, I see you buy the shoe from the store, that would never be an option for me (and it would be pointless to have a plug if I am doing all that). If I do not see the transaction, that sneaker could be a fake for all I know. And I love sneakers and all, but paying too much over retail is just not the move for me. I will be alright without that pair and will move on to the next release.

In my message I specifically said resellers WITH BOTS are messing up the experience, not resellers in general. I do not want to be in competition with computer bots and that is how I feel about it. I have no issue with folks wanting to resell (get your money how you can get it).

Also, sneakers are not that deep for me to get a plug because I do not trust people like that. Unless I meet up with you and, from a distance, I see you buy the shoe from the store, that would never be an option for me (and it would be pointless to have a plug if I am doing all that). If I do not see the transaction, that sneaker could be a fake for all I know. And I love sneakers and all, but paying too much over retail is just not the move for me. I will be alright without that pair and will move on to the next release.
Just curious if you've ever bought off of goat or sx since you technically didn't see the transaction happen. I'm weary when it comes to in person meet ups, but for the most part, trust goat/sx (more goat lately than sx simply because of the better LC'ing standards and also no bs processing fee)

For the court purples and royal toes, Nike did 2 day fedex shipping for regular checkout. Anyone get that for the tie dyes, or is it the fedex ground arriving on 7/8?

Just curious if you've ever bought off of goat or sx since you technically didn't see the transaction happen. I'm weary when it comes to in person meet ups, but for the most part, trust goat/sx (more goat lately than sx simply because of the better LC'ing standards and also no bs processing fee)

I have never bought from any reseller sites.....that is not for me! Again, those shoes can be UAs, so I cannot get myself to buy from sites like StockX, Flight Club, Stadium Goods, etc. I personally do not trust that all of those shoes are 100% authentic on those sites.

If I cannot personally cop on release day (or a few days after it) or during a restock from an actual retailer, then for the most part I am good with not having that shoe. I have only made 2 reseller transactions (both in person and with somebody who is not a stranger to me) and even then I had that person give me the receipts for those purchases so I know where he got them from. Also, I had him meet me at my job in front of the security building where there are a lot of federal police around, so I feel comfortable with that setup.

That’s nothing. Jordan’s have never been cheap.

Discounts were DEFINITELY more prevalent during the past few years though, you could buy Storm Blue 1s, Bred 13s, and OG TB 3s in pretty much FSRs for significantly below retail. Non-OG cws were even cheaper-I got DS pairs of Black and White YY 1s in my size 11 for like $70-$80 shipped each lol Prices like that are pretty much nonexistent nowadays though, this doesn’t even include the fact that almost all online retailers now add on additional sales tax as well (when there were a lot of places not charging it even just 3-4 years ago). Also, Nike Outlets across the country used to let you do phone orders-this isn’t even an option anymore. I think the days of seeing rock-bottom prices like this are dead though, I can’t see Nike/JB flooding the market with retros like they did during this run-especially with Gentry at the helm again.

Discounts were DEFINITELY more prevalent during the past few years though, you could buy Storm Blue 1s, Bred 13s, and OG TB 3s in pretty much FSRs for significantly below retail. Non-OG cws were even cheaper-I got DS pairs of Black and White YY 1s in my size 11 for like $70-$80 shipped each lol Prices like that are pretty much nonexistent nowadays though, this doesn’t even include the fact that almost all online retailers now add on additional sales tax as well (when there were a lot of places not charging it even just 3-4 years ago). Also, Nike Outlets across the country used to let you do phone orders-this isn’t even an option anymore. I think the days of seeing rock-bottom prices like this are dead though, I can’t see Nike/JB flooding the market with retros like they did during this run-especially with Gentry at the helm again.
God, I miss the days of phone orders. They should really consider bringing it back because of the pandemic, it would make sense.
I would buy much more from Nike if they brought back phone orders, my local Nike store is too far to drive there more than once or twice a month and Nike.com rarely has anything I want to buy. Most of my money goes to Adidas now.

God, I miss the days of phone orders. They should really consider bringing it back because of the pandemic, it would make sense.
I would buy much more from Nike if they brought back phone orders, my local Nike store is too far to drive there more than once or twice a month and Nike.com rarely has anything I want to buy. Most of my money goes to Adidas now.

Yeah I definitely agree but I understand why they cancelled phone orders.. Apparently, resellers would get word on social media and ask Nike outlet staff to pack and ship bulk orders of the respective items, which created staffing issues in some places (given that many of these items would sell in the store anyways). I’m sure this would be even more prevalent now because of how easy it is to resell via GOAT/StockX. Also, I think Nike wanted to incentivize people to actually come into the stores, which makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom