Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish my ups guy would drop off stuff between 6 & 8...Try working a 9-5 and the guy won't leave stuff at your door so you have to go 45 minutes out of your way to pick it up because senders require electronic signature.
Wow that sucks man. 

just picked up a pair from CL for $180..

i might have to say the leather is softer on these than the royals and black toes.

I wish my ups guy would drop off stuff between 6 & 8...Try working a 9-5 and the guy won't leave stuff at your door so you have to go 45 minutes out of your way to pick it up because senders require electronic signature.

Damn my ups hub is five mins from my house..

I really wanted these but I'm in the process of buying a house next week. I should close by end of next week so all my money have been tied up for all the fees that comes with buying a house. I skip on a lot J's that I wanted this year but its worth it not renting anymore.

New house>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shoes

I really wanted these but I'm in the process of buying a house next week. I should close by end of next week so all my money have been tied up for all the fees that comes with buying a house. I skip on a lot J's that I wanted this year but its worth it not renting anymore.

priorities/needs >>>> wants

Last edited:

New house>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shoes

Qft
There's nothing like moving into your first house.(That you own!)
Congrats.

My pair just came. They felt like they've been in an oven all day though :lol:. I guess UPS trucks don't have AC and they've been baking all day in this hot *** weather in Philly. The leather is really soft though, quality is great. Can't wait to rock em tomorrow :pimp:.

Qft
There's nothing like moving into your first house.(That you own!)
Congrats.
And to think, he can flip that house for profit a few years down the road if he wanted to...and it won't even be DS.
nthat.gif

D**n u "we missed u" signature card from usps. Oh well at least im off tomorrow. Good deal off paypal invoice so cant complain.

These are ill for sure but I'm not sure if I wanna keep my second pair.I've got so many 1s but these r my only double...

I was at HOH Chicago on State St earlier today and they still had 7.5 and 14 left in these if anyone in the Chicago area is looking. That was around 2pm today. Just looking out for anyone who missed out in those sizes.

My local spots all have them left, but not in my size... so if you live around cincy and you're a smaller size check deveroes.

Last edited:
just picked up a pair from CL for $180..

i might have to say the leather is softer on these than the royals and black toes.

I have every n/a that's been released this year except blk/gold and I agree I think the shadows are softer than the royals.

^ Most people's, including mine, came that way. I don't see it being a problem unless you're trying to resell them. The reason they crease easy is because they're made of high quality leather.

^ Most people's, including mine, came that way. I don't see it being a problem unless you're trying to resell them. The reason they crease easy is because they're made of high quality leather.

Agree with this. The leather though I don't think is THAT much of high quality. It's cool though, much better than the crap they've been putting on the V's lately.

Last edited:
just got my pair from GS. I really like the materials they used for this shoe. It may not be on par with the vegas 1s, but definitely a well crafted shoe. Usually there's always one side, left or right, that looks really good but surprisingly they both look well crafted. I definitely like the parachute tongue which pays homeage to the Air force/ Dunk tongues and OG Nike tongues. IMO it's better than the stretchy nylon tongues used on the Royals and Knicks. The royals seem to be the only OG pair that has different leather from the whole OG series. The shadow leather is similar, if not identical, to the knicks leather. The overall shape is not as bulky as the royals. Call me crazy, but IMO these take the number 1 spot for the OG series, followed by Black toes, Royals, Knicks, and then the Celtics. The royals were a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, the blk/red and royal colorways destroy any other 1s in the appearance department, but the Shadows are the best in the craftsmenship department. The shadows are definitely a well crafted pair. If JB treated the royals with the same materials and craftsmenship as the shadows, they would definitely be my number 1 ones.

Did anyone else's pair come laced EXTRA tight? I'm gonna have to take them out and re-lace each shoe before I wear them. They were extra choked :lol:. I couldn't even try them on without really loosening them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom