Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, arguining about nick names again. A must at least 4-5 times in a JB thread.

Calling the upcoming black/red 1's banned 1's is very comical to me. :rolleyes

i dont care about the nicknames, jus banned 1s refers to a very specific release of this colorway...
we will never call any other shoe concords...most ppl who know, dont even call dmp XI-concords

we all know what ur talking about regardless of what you call them, seriously too many people caring what others call shoes.

anddddd this thread just went back to being a Jordan thread.. a few pages back, people were helping each other out and it almost looked like the dunk thread! 

we all know what ur talking about regardless of what you call them, seriously too many people caring what others call shoes.

I just feel like people wanna call them "Banned" because they are a limited, expensive sought after shoe.

If the Banned 1's where massively overproduced, made from cheap leather, everyone had a pair and their current resale price was $200 DS - NOBODY would be calling them Banned...

If Bred 1's sold for $850 and had all the hype surrounding them. They would wanna call them Bred.

I bet they don't even realize OG bred 1's sell for like $500+

I'm not speaking about this thread but people don't care to understand the history of the Brand. Typical hypebeast ****.

It's just annoying.

Didn't mean to spark a nickname debate. I was posting from my phone and was to lazy to spell out black/red or even blk/red.

They're not Bred 1's to me.  It's BANNED 1's.  That name has history, this is the shoe that NBA banned Jordan from wearing.  Keeping the Bred name to Bred 4's or 11's is enough. 

stay in school kid

....nobody called blk/red 1's banned ones before the banned release.  please keep the "banned" title to that specific release.

"bred" is used widely for any black/red colorway

fixed & QFT

Last edited:
Quite frankly every jordan from the dawn of time to the end of time have a black/red colorway. Nothing wrong with calling any og them bred. Its more of an abbreviation than a nickname. I get why people have a problem with it but i have more of a problem with anyone calling any black/red banneds since a specific shoe has taken that name. Nike tags shoes with nicknames anyway for release, whos to say you cant follow along. Making it a thing of principal is kindve elitist and i aint got no time for that.

i dont care about the nicknames, jus banned 1s refers to a very specific release of this colorway...
we will never call any other shoe concords...most ppl who know, dont even call dmp XI-concords

Well, thats because the concords actually have the color "concord" in them. Banned isn't a color.

Pretty much.

So what ur all saying is i dont really have spurs 1s? That really stinks. I need a refund.

Nah brah. You got them OG Oakland Raiders cool grey I's.
:lol:

They're not Bred 1's to me.  It's BANNED 1's.  That name has history, this is the shoe that NBA banned Jordan from wearing.  Keeping the Bred name to Bred 4's or 11's is enough. 

TIVp2.gif

Didn't mean to spark a nickname debate. I was posting from my phone and was to lazy to spell out black/red or even blk/red.

So.... Bred?

Problem evaded, solution achieved.

How many people would even know these were the Jordans the NBA banned if it wasn't for the outlet ones :smh:

The nickname wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for those. And it's messed up, because if you go to a store asking about them, you'll probably have to say banneds for the sales associate to even recognize what you're talking about.

I told you dudes that from now on every black and red Jordan I will be called the banneds, because these young kids need to nickname everything.

you are a complete idiot dude

:lol:

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

in any case rockin mine today, very similar to the royals in terms of quality like many have said..may have to double up before the price goes up..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom