Air Jordan 1 OG high- OBSIDIAN August 31st 2019

Some interesting observations when comparing my Footlocker pair to my SNKRS pair. With the Footlocker pair, both shoes are consistent - buttery/tumbled side panels and toe boxes, but the heel area UNC blue (high and low) both are flat, no tumble and noticeably less buttery. With my SNKRS pair, the right shoe is perfect - smooth/buttery/tumbled on all areas. The left shoe has the soft/tumbled UNC blue all over the heel, but the side panels and toe box are very standard, unexceptional tumble/buttery feel. In these pics the Footlocker pair is the left, and SNKRS is on the right. Either way I'm glad to have doubled up!! Love this shoe
MVIMG_20190904_130702.jpg
MVIMG_20190904_130423.jpg
MVIMG_20190904_130625.jpg
MVIMG_20190904_130529.jpg

i think i remember somebody posting here that they got thru at the :05 mark and still got a cancel from FA lol thats wild.

Flat leather looks better than overly tumbled IMO. A little bit of tumbled is best.

I've been wearing my Pine Greens more often, recently. Their quality and amount of tumbled are very enjoyable to me. Glad I was able to snag a pair in my size.

Last edited:
Does fta send out cancellation emails or do they just cancel? I got a 10.5 but am very doubtful I’ll get them at this point

i think i remember somebody posting here that they got thru at the :05 mark and still got a cancel from FA lol thats wild.
They must of checked out a smaller size that sells out quicker than other sizes. That’s wild when other people checked out an hour+ after the initial drop and still got their pair shipped

They must of checked out a smaller size that sells out quicker than other sizes. That’s wild when other people checked out an hour+ after the initial drop and still got their pair shipped
U the only 1 on here who said their pair shipped

FWIW, I had plenty of Ship from Store pairs ship this release from the other footsites.

why ya care about the quality anyways. ya gonna end up buying and wearing

Quality shouldn’t really be a thing to consider until we wear them a lot and see how they hold up. Out the gate I can tell these are miles ahead of another 2019 GR like the Crimson Tint.

Fit and finish aspect, they’re good. They didn’t immediately surprise me though like the Shadows a few years back or like the ROTY drop.

Variations on these are huge. Second pair I picked up have almost no tumble at all and I was after that granddad nutsac vibe.
But.. One of my buds missed out, so I did a straight swap with him for a pair of game royals. :smile:

Quality shouldn’t really be a thing to consider until we wear them a lot and see how they hold up. Out the gate I can tell these are miles ahead of another 2019 GR like the Crimson Tint.

Fit and finish aspect, they’re good. They didn’t immediately surprise me though like the Shadows a few years back or like the ROTY drop.

I think quality becomes more of a thing when we see a lot of variance from pair to pair. If a shoe drops and the variance is only slight, it would be an "it is what it is" thing. But when some people get pairs that have something similar to "SBB" tumble/butteryness(new word?), and others get absolutely no tumble, it tends to spark conversation.

Back
Top Bottom