Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Bred Toe

Why did Chicago’s resell for so much more right after they released? Where they really limited ? And where would ya rate the leather quality on the Chicago’s compared to other 1s?

When compared to my Breds and Royals the Chicago's leather is so much softer all around. Surprised people don't clamor about the quality of Chicago's more.

Seems they gradually went away from the flat toe box after that release as well which I was definitely a fan of.

I meant about checking in through NT to a FLA store when I live in NYC lmao

If I understood correctly, it doesn’t matter where you’re located.
You can check in to any store, once you’ve achieved the 1 MHS you’ll “Edit” your stores to the closest to you, allowing you to carrying over that 1 Minute you need without ever going to the store and physically “checking in”.

Stops managers from backdooring most pairs.

I talked to a FTL associate once, & he swore up and down that they still got all the pairs they wanted. Who knows how true it is, I highly doubt it. Seems like their inventory would be accounted for using the App technique. But, then again, my days at FNL we were entitled to 10% of the stock. So, if we got 20 pairs then 2 Employees could cop & use their discount. I’m sure FTL has more buying power than FNL so maybe they keep 20% of the stock? Who knows, any former managers on here from FTL/FTA/Champs?

When compared to my Breds and Royals the Chicago's leather is so much softer all around. Surprised people don't clamor about the quality of Chicago's more.

Seems they gradually went away from the flat toe box after that release as well which I was definitely a fan of.
I been on that UNC train since the jump...LOVEEEE how soft those are. Nobody brings those up...if you looked through pairs they were pillows

Dudes thus FL app is hella glitchy. I've been signed up got my 10 minute head start. I just checked it and I have nothing in my launch locator or my countdowns. Signed out and back in. Nothing. Checked my other decide (my girls account) and that one is fine but that account has a 7m head start. Anybody else have this issue?

***EDIT ** WORKING FINE NOW. thus better not happen when I actually win!

Inferior to the Bred 1 and Black Toe 1. It was nice at the time, but 1s quality has gotten better since then. SBB was out of this world though. I regret not biting the $300 bullet

Idk about that. My pairs say differently. IMO the leather on 2015 CHIs is some of the best you’ll find on an OG 1 in today’s age. It’s butter and soft as hell all around. Nice grainy leather, wears well etc. Nothing “inferior” about it at all in comparison to breds & BT. In fact may be the exact opposite. All my opinion of course but I just don’t see how anyone can talk down on Chi 1s or its’ leather. Most who say stuff like this don’t own a pair. Not saying you do or don’t, just saying tho.

Spike...Making a case for rocking these with the red laces...

0B5D7D8E-32EF-4770-BC16-1C4354430EF7.jpeg

:nthat:
Might have to switch them up since I already own the banned

Remember that these YouTubers are playing personas so that they can increase viewership. Obviously they all do it to various degrees (some may be more genuine than others) but, at the end of the day, their channel is a business and they need viewers to keep it going so their content is going to reflect whatever gets them the most viewers.

I actually feel he is one of the more genuine one or atleast he looks at things from a grown up perspective, he is somewhat a hype beast but I like his videos where he talks about the value of the shoe are we really getting what we pay for is it mostly hype, which it sadly is for the most part, I agree you have to realize its a business and I appreciate the content and reviews gives me something to watch when I'm bored, you just gotta learn to ignore when they say something dumb or in this case it just doesn't seem like he knew the allocation situation

Idk about that. My pairs say differently. IMO the leather on 2015 CHIs is some of the best you’ll find on an OG 1 in today’s age. It’s butter and soft as hell all around. Nice grainy leather, wears well etc. Nothing “inferior” about it at all in comparison to breds & BT. In fact may be the exact opposite. All my opinion of course but I just don’t see how anyone can talk down on Chi 1s or its’ leather. Most who say stuff like this don’t own a pair. Not saying you do or don’t, just saying tho.
I have compared all three numerous times and have all 3. The Chicago’s are a bit stiff in the toe box and black panels compared to the Bred and Bt. And saying something is inferior to something else isn’t bashing the shoe, it’s stating that there’s something better

I have compared all three numerous times and have all 3. The Chicago’s are a bit stiff in the toe box and black panels compared to the Bred and Bt. And saying something is inferior to something else isn’t bashing the shoe, it’s stating that there’s something better

I hope you got a legit pair then. The toe box is the softest area on the Chis. And OG ankle collar is not soft. The black ankle collar is not supposed to be soft. That part of the shoe shouldn’t even count when critiquing leather quality on current day ones.

I hope you got a legit pair then. The toe box is the softest area on the Chis. And OG ankle collar is not soft. The black ankle collar is not supposed to be soft. That part of the shoe shouldn’t even count when critiquing leather quality on current day ones.
I’ve had all three and all three are legit. I concede hat the ankle portion isn’t intended to be soft but that doesn’t take away from the fact that the Bred 1s and BT are softer at that portion of the shoe. The toe box is also much softer in the Banned 1 by a long shot. BT difference from chi isn’t as wide as heaven and earth but it’s there.
My pairs
95739881-1C54-4C1F-B7E2-AD14F029683D.jpeg
CFCCA4E7-7E04-4D82-A04A-4218932BE48B.jpeg 263FAAAA-5D85-41CD-8C7D-8DB080E7D11B.jpeg
285A88DE-53EC-4996-819C-026BF0F65FAE.jpeg

My only pair of 1s are the flyknit versions which are a 9.5. Should I go with size 10 for these? I’m currently in Whistler so I have very limited opportunities to go and try these on. The FTL in the village had some size 10 mids that I tried on but no 9.5. What size should I go with? My reservation is currently set for a size 10.

I’ve had all three and all three are legit. I concede hat the ankle portion isn’t intended to be soft but that doesn’t take away from the fact that the Bred 1s and BT are softer at that portion of the shoe. The toe box is also much softer in the Banned 1 by a long shot. BT difference from chi isn’t as wide as heaven and earth but it’s there.
My pairs
95739881-1C54-4C1F-B7E2-AD14F029683D.jpeg
CFCCA4E7-7E04-4D82-A04A-4218932BE48B.jpeg 263FAAAA-5D85-41CD-8C7D-8DB080E7D11B.jpeg
285A88DE-53EC-4996-819C-026BF0F65FAE.jpeg

Appreciate you posting those pics. Still I just don’t see how you can say the thick black leather on 2015 breds’ toe box is softer than ANY leather panel on 2015 Chis (besides that ankle collar you mentioned). The toe box on my Chis is super soft. With full grain wrinkles and beautiful leather pre creases etc. The whole nine. Breds just have a soft effect on the red part because of the tumbled leather. Chis soft all around, the red AND white portions (speaking on my pair). Honestly it’s hard for anyone to pin point what’s “better” though with the way leather quality and characteristics varies from one pair to the next these days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom