Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Hyper Crimson

The orange laces with the greenish yellow Nike air & orange swoosh onthe tag look hella Gatorade to me

Experimenting with white laces... hmm?
IMG_20190128_175941.jpg
IMG_20190128_175839.jpg

Well, turns out 4-ish coats of sharpie and using your finger to blend actually works wonders. This will do the trick for me...

IMG_20190128_211834.jpg
IMG_20190128_211841.jpg
IMG_20190128_211854.jpg
It definitely helps that the leather on the sneaker is distressed and not smooth to make that work!

Last edited:
Next up tho is the turbos

The black on these was easy, finding a paint or sharpie that’ll match that vintage white on the turbo mid’s mid section as well as a black sharpie did on these hyper crimsons could be a mission.

The black on these was easy, finding a paint or sharpie that’ll match that vintage white on the turbo mid’s mid section as well as a black sharpie did on these hyper crimsons could be a mission.

Yep. Turbos are gonna be a nightmare.

I love these in hand, the feel of them is unique and makes me think they’ll look better with age/patina.

I've matched sail up by using a small amount of Angelus vanilla and cream in flat white before. The turbos look like they may have a tiny bit of orange in the mix, but I've not found enough low contrast shots to be sure yet.
:edit
Just got a photo in natural light and it looks like they used a white/cyan mix, but there's still a little bit of an orange/yellow tone in places which makes me think the paint is quite thin.

Last edited:
I love these in hand, the feel of them is unique and makes me think they’ll look better with age/patina.
What do you mean exactly? Suede age? suede patina? I don't think the black pleather will "patina" either. just crease more.

Back
Top Bottom