Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I’m in on a pair of these. Only pair of these I have are the CDP’s so I definitely need a pair that’s done right.

I have an OG pair, and have NEVER seen this in all my years having them. I heard it mentioned in the last year or so and was confounded as to what they were talking about.

Unless I see evidence from 1996 that this is a thing, and was purposeful, you all are seeing what you want to see. Shrug.

Black mesh with a red tint... :lol:
All is good then. You dont see it, I do. Maybe if someone on here has a pair of originals to put next to any black red retro maybe you would see the difference. I have a 96 pair as well. I cant explain why or how they could have accomplished a red tint within black mesh but what I do know is comparing to any retro Jam or black red, they do not have that look. None of them. Only originals black reds do I see this on. As far as pics of MJ goes, same thing. I see the red in 96 playoff photos but not in the 95 playoff photos. The fact that several in here see the same thing tells me its there.

Yeah I have no idea why they’d put 45 on these...No connection between the colorway and the number at all...Not even in sample form...

All is good then. You dont see it, I do. Maybe if someone on here has a pair of originals to put next to any black red retro maybe you would see the difference. I have a 96 pair as well. I cant explain why or how they could have accomplished a red tint within black mesh but what I do know is comparing to any retro Jam or black red, they do not have that look. None of them. Only originals black reds do I see this on. As far as pics of MJ goes, same thing. I see the red in 96 playoff photos but not in the 95 playoff photos. The fact that several in here see the same thing tells me its there.
I've got an 01 pair as well so... IDK. The way it was being stated as a fact so strongly is what triggered me to openly question it. I believe it's possible that the mesh used the OG was different from any other black XI, so no other pair seems to have the "feature", it just doesn't seem rational to me to purposely have such a subtle, meaningless (IMO) feature.

No biggie, it is what it is.

IN for a pair in 2019 to add to my OG and 2001 :smokin

I don't give a damn how the OGs were. I don't want no red tint.

So....is seeing red tint in the mesh going to be the ongoing debate in this thread for the next 11 months? If so, I'll be back next December :lol:. I imagine the back and forth going like Bugs and Daffy with Duck Season/ Rabbit Season.

Hey, would y'all the Breds to be made with the #45 on the back or the iconic #23?
Without doubt, the 23 is the only # that needs to be on these. The 45 has now been released on 3 of the 4 shoes he played in with that #. So the pe thing I get. 23 only and always.

I doubt these will look like the recent sample 100%. The Pl will probably be like how the concords are, white line, and varsity red. Red tint would be cool, but like someone said, it’d have to be as faint as the OG. It’s not vital though.

So....is seeing red tint in the mesh going to be the ongoing debate in this thread for the next 11 months? If so, I'll be back next December :lol:. I imagine the back and forth going like Bugs and Daffy with Duck Season/ Rabbit Season.
I am all about talking anything black red XI, so if you have any suggestions Im game.:lol:

I doubt these will look like the recent sample 100%. The Pl will probably be like how the concords are, white line, and varsity red. Red tint would be cool, but like someone said, it’d have to be as faint as the OG. It’s not vital though.
Personally didnt like the sample unbreakable showed us. The pl was too high, now compared to the Concords which is perfect I believe. The ankle cut resembles those "Griffins" we all know about. And the red I hope gets brighter.

This might not be the original colorway because Black/True Red/White (1996) and Black/Varsity Red/White (2012). Not Black/White/Varisty Red.

I am all about talking anything black red XI, so if you have any suggestions Im game.:lol:

It's whatever man. This thread will need something to keep it going until RD. Honestly, it's the first time I've heard of it, so I never really noticed it. I'll look at my pair to see any hints of red lol.

Yeah the same tooling as the Concords and I’m good...Varsity red is meh but obviously not a deal breaker...

Also regarding the red tint to the upper, yeah y’all can have that...Been doing this sneaker stuff most my life and it’s the first time I’ve ever heard it...Honestly, going back to the OG’s I didn’t even know it was a thing...

I’m chuckling at it now but when you guys brought it up earlier I swear I can see it now...Out here with these Jedi mind tricks...

IMG_20181204_205305.jpg
best example I got. 96 title game. MJ fans know this moment.

I dont think that was done purposely, probably the material with the weird brown hue

my guess

Back
Top Bottom