Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

Normally, I wouldn't even consider buying a pair of black outs. Too dull for me. However, with the patent leather, the colorway won't look bad on an xi. If they are like the gammas but all black I'm definitely in. Now, is this the xi mid that jb finally starts messing with? I could see them omitting patent leather from this release and putting some other obnoxious material in its place. I am definitely eagerly awaiting pics.

Flyknit Air Jordan XI dropping soon.

I’m thinking the upper will be leather so that they won’t be near identical to the gamma. JB does little things like that to switch it up for similar colors.
I’d be cool with leather panels for sure.
I agree with you here. I think they're gonna make the upper leather too. A blacked out 11 with leather upper and the current mold w/ high cut PL would be dope. And like you said, I imagine they'd do something to make them differ from the Gammas.

The Bozo’s are hideous ... and the shape of the patent leather has been ridiculously off for 2 years now since the Space Jams.
giphy.gif

The Bozo’s are hideous ... and the shape of the patent leather has been ridiculously off for 2 years now since the Space Jams.

Haha you new around here? :rofl::rofl:

The shape of 11s from 2008-2015 were ugly as he##.

guess jb gonna start dropping 2 11s a year now..make that money...smart move....

xi mid release in the summer? limited i bet lol wonder if we still gonna get two xi for the holiday still

Haha you new around here? :rofl::rofl:

The shape of 11s from 2008-2015 were ugly as he##.
Nope, been browsing Nike talk since the late 90’s and been buying Jordans since ‘91.

The shape of the patent leather is off on the recent retro 11’s. Jams, 82, and 96s. It was never that thick and bulbous. Do your home work, kid.

And yes, those all red Bozo’s are hideous. Just really super ghetto, and look like clown shoes.

F41A157A-7894-4A08-B843-E597B9445449.jpeg

C58AA949-1D25-4C5A-A013-1DF43689CA88.jpeg

If you can’t see the difference in shape, you’re blind. The recent retros patent shape make them look like fakes.

Last edited:
God those Concords are the GOAT b-ball shoe, so elegant, so sexy and classy. Look at the wave of derivatives that have tried to ape that look.

I like the new mold and hope they plan on keeping it around. For years on here all have wanted a higher pl cut and with the 45s we finally got it. Did they exaggerate a little? Yes. But I will always look at the newest XIs as closer to the originals shape than the CDPs though 2015s. Some of MJs pairs were lower for sure. But some were high like the OG release pairs as well. Not all of his pairs were exact. Same goes for original release pairs. I like em all personally, but just like the higher cut more.

I like the new mold and hope they plan on keeping it around. For years on here all have wanted a higher pl cut and with the 45s we finally got it. Did they exaggerate a little? Yes. But I will always look at the newest XIs as closer to the originals shape than the CDPs though 2015s. Some of MJs pairs were lower for sure. But some were high like the OG release pairs as well. Not all of his pairs were exact. Same goes for original release pairs. I like em all personally, but just like the higher cut more.
They really exaggerated it. They look way too thick, plasticy and fake. The way fugazy 11’s were looking for a long time.

So I don’t know why everyone jumped my bones about it. The recent shape of the 11’s aren’t accurate at all.

And IDK what you’re talking about, because these released in winter 2015 and this is the actual authentic shape and cut of the 11’s the way they’re supposed to look.

10639E17-F755-4913-863A-F3079691E858.jpeg

They really exaggerated it. They look way too thick, plasticy and fake. The way fugazy 11’s were looking for a long time.

So I don’t know why everyone jumped my bones about it. The recent shape of the 11’s aren’t accurate at all.

And IDK what you’re talking about, because these released in winter 2015 and this is the actual authentic shape and cut of the 11’s the way they’re supposed to look.

10639E17-F755-4913-863A-F3079691E858.jpeg
From where I'm sitting, your the only one trying to jump on people for their opinions. Blasting on shoes that several people like and being surprised that there is a reaction. I'm not disagreeing with you about shape but I have Original Cords and Black reds. Along with 45s and 09 11 Cords. They all look good. My opinion is I like the newer mold better. And to say it isn't accurate at all I would disagree with.

xi mid release in the summer? limited i bet lol wonder if we still gonna get two xi for the holiday still
That's what I want to know. Is it gonna be one for mid summer and one for holiday, or one for mid summer and two more for the holiday season? I hope it's the latter as I love the 11.

From where I'm sitting, your the only one trying to jump on people for their opinions. Blasting on shoes that several people like and being surprised that there is a reaction. I'm not disagreeing with you about shape but I have Original Cords and Black reds. Along with 45s and 09 11 Cords. They all look good. My opinion is I like the newer mold better. And to say it isn't accurate at all I would disagree with.
I co signed someone else’s opinion with my own, that the Bozo’s were ugly and inaccurate. That’s all. A shoe.

Meanwhile people are ganging up and attacking me, calling me out on “newbie” status when I am probably older than them and grew up with the actual originals. Once again, coming at me, not their opinion on a shoe.

I didn’t think you were, bro I've already seen you’re one of the knowledgeable Jordan fans here, like myself. Well it isn’t accurate. They purposely made the PL thicker to cartoonish extents. I can give you a litany of pictures of original 1996 era 11’s, and none are shaped like that ...

I co signed someone else’s opinion with my own, that the Bozo’s were ugly and inaccurate. That’s all. A shoe.

Meanwhile people are ganging up and attacking me, calling me out on “newbie” status when I am probably older than them and grew up with the actual originals. Once again, coming at me, not their opinion on a shoe.

I didn’t think you were, bro I've already seen you’re one of the knowledgeable Jordan fans here, like myself. Well it isn’t accurate. They purposely made the PL thicker to cartoonish extents. I can give you a litany of pictures of original 1996 era 11’s, and none are shaped like that ...

Do this and not of Jordan's pairs but actual retail pairs from '95-'96

Back
Top Bottom