Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

From where I'm sitting, your the only one trying to jump on people for their opinions. Blasting on shoes that several people like and being surprised that there is a reaction. I'm not disagreeing with you about shape but I have Original Cords and Black reds. Along with 45s and 09 11 Cords. They all look good. My opinion is I like the newer mold better. And to say it isn't accurate at all I would disagree with.
JB is doing this to us. Before this whole "remastered" thing, no one was really that upset at the mold and PL cut. People might have complained about outsole color (Columbia retro) or details that differed from the originals (jumpman direction, etc.), but not how this higher PL has people torn. I'm with you though, while I love all my 11s, and have always thought the 11s looked dope, I do PREFER the newer mold and PL cut. I personally don't remember anyone saying anything about PL height when they retroed when I was in HS (2000-2004) or like when the DMP came out.

JB is doing this to us. Before this whole "remastered" thing, no one was really that upset at the mold and PL cut. People might have complained about outsole color (Columbia retro) or details that differed from the originals (jumpman direction, etc.), but not how this higher PL has people torn. I'm with you though, while I love all my 11s, and have always thought the 11s looked dope, I do PREFER the newer mold and PL cut. I personally don't remember anyone saying anything about PL height when they retroed when I was in HS (2000-2004) or like when the DMP came out.
Complaining about pl really started with the CDPs in 08. All the retros before that were solid. 09 jam and 11 Concord threads were flooded with pl height complaints.

I co signed someone else’s opinion with my own, that the Bozo’s were ugly and inaccurate. That’s all. A shoe.

Meanwhile people are ganging up and attacking me, calling me out on “newbie” status when I am probably older than them and grew up with the actual originals. Once again, coming at me, not their opinion on a shoe.

I didn’t think you were, bro I've already seen you’re one of the knowledgeable Jordan fans here, like myself. Well it isn’t accurate. They purposely made the PL thicker to cartoonish extents. I can give you a litany of pictures of original 1996 era 11’s, and none are shaped like that ...
I can tell your not a newbie. And I love comparison pics all day long.:D I respect your opinion. All is good.

Complaining about pl really started with the CDPs in 08. All the retros before that were solid. 09 jam and 11 Concord threads were flooded with pl height complaints.
That makes sense, especially since I never heard much about the issue during my HS years, but you're right that I do remember peeps talking about it with the newer releases. I guess until JB starts a marketing campaign of "we're doing it in the same factories with the exact same materials and the same workers!" (never would happen), and they were indeed identical to the OGs, they'll never make 100% of peeps happy. And even then, some would want newer PL heights, retro details that weren't on OGs, etc. Just give me dope 11s JB, I'm not picky.

boycott all the hi pl xi maybe theyll go back to low pl
l9crxI7.png

That makes sense, especially since I never heard much about the issue during my HS years, but you're right that I do remember peeps talking about it with the newer releases. I guess until JB starts a marketing campaign of "we're doing it in the same factories with the exact same materials and the same workers!" (never would happen), and they were indeed identical to the OGs, they'll never make 100% of peeps happy. And even then, some would want newer PL heights, retro details that weren't on OGs, etc. Just give me dope 11s JB, I'm not picky.
We will never see a retro match an original 100%. I'm not that picky either. If I like it then I buy it. If I don't , money saved.

The OGs still don’t look as fat as the new ones. The problem I have with the new ones is the thickness of the PT at the pinch right before the toe box, that throws the look off a bit for me.

Also, what size are you?

Btw, dope setup of your MJ shrine.

I’m still waiting for a statue maker to make a replica of the one outside the UC

The OGs still don’t look as fat as the new ones. The problem I have with the new ones is the thickness of the PT at the pinch right before the toe box, that throws the look off a bit for me.

Also, what size are you?

Btw, dope setup of your MJ shrine.

I’m still waiting for a statue maker to make a replica of the one outside the UC
Size 11 on the ogs 11.5 on the jams. Yeah that statue thing. I'm with you there. My wife and I got a pic in front of that. Got it framed 8x10.

Size 11 on the ogs 11.5 on the jams. Yeah that statue thing. I'm with you there. My wife and I got a pic in front of that. Got it framed 8x10.
I do need a pair of the retro Jams from last year. Was too lazy to wake up in Chicago winter to go wait in line at House of Hoops early in the AM, and I’m not paying over $50 extra to cop on StockX

The good ol' high vs low PL cut debate. I'm not jumping into one of those again but I'm interested in these Blackouts. I wouldn't mind a white Jumpman and jet black sole (none of this smoky business).

Nope, been browsing Nike talk since the late 90’s and been buying Jordans since ‘91.

The shape of the patent leather is off on the recent retro 11’s. Jams, 82, and 96s. It was never that thick and bulbous. Do your home work, kid.

And yes, those all red Bozo’s are hideous. Just really super ghetto, and look like clown shoes.

F41A157A-7894-4A08-B843-E597B9445449.jpeg

C58AA949-1D25-4C5A-A013-1DF43689CA88.jpeg

If you can’t see the difference in shape, you’re blind. The recent retros patent shape make them look like fakes.

Super ghetto? How?

See how there is no patent on the wheats? It definitely wouldn't shock me if it was the same with the black outs.

To be honest, thsee can release in many forms. Will the be all black with no accents or will gum or another color make an appearance. I truly believe that these can turn out anywhere from great to putrid.

Ill Take the current shape over the 2008-2015 shape any day. Sure, most pairs have the patent a little too high, but its a hell of a lot better than what we received previously and they are not banana shaped like the 08-15. They lean forward like a shoe is supposed to.
jordan-11-space-jam-2.png

vs

jordan-11-72-10-price.jpg

IMG_2653_grande.JPG

airjordanxiconcord-1.png

Ill Take the current shape over the 2008-2015 shape any day. Sure, most pairs have the patent a little too high, but its a hell of a lot better than what we received previously and they are not banana shaped like the 08-15. They lean forward like a shoe is supposed to.
jordan-11-space-jam-2.png

vs

jordan-11-72-10-price.jpg

IMG_2653_grande.JPG

airjordanxiconcord-1.png
Bro it’s the same pattern of the PL, the top is just way thicker in shape than they looked in ‘96 or on the actual pair the legend wore himself. Isn’t the point to re-release OG shoes and colorways? Thus, being a retro. Not Frankenstein tweaked redesigns. Or clown shoe bozo colorways, or these hideous wheats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom