Air Jordan 11 Retro "Prom Night" QS May 26 2018

Welp, should have tempered my expectations for the eBay purchase. No double box, just wrapped in brown paper with my address written directly onto the paper. Open them up just now, and there is some weird overspray looking stuff on the patent leather. Then noticed the soles are dirty. So I think he wore these and tried to clean them or something.

What are my next steps? Contact eBay and say item not as described?

Welp, should have tempered my expectations for the eBay purchase. No double box, just wrapped in brown paper with my address written directly onto the paper. Open them up just now, and there is some weird overspray looking stuff on the patent leather. Then noticed the soles are dirty. So I think he wore these and tried to clean them or something.

What are my next steps? Contact eBay and say item not as described?
Send the seller a straightforward message and include pics if you can. This way eBay has a record that you reached out to allow the seller to correct the issue - they will ask you to do this first anyways.

If he doesn’t reply in 24-48 hours. Contact eBay or PayPal and start a claim against the seller. I prefer PayPal.

Smh sorry to hear that happen

^everything what solecitor said would be the next step when encountering this.

Send the seller a straightforward message and include pics if you can. This way eBay has a record that you reached out to allow the seller to correct the issue - they will ask you to do this first anyways.

If he doesn’t reply in 24-48 hours. Contact eBay or PayPal and start a claim against the seller. I prefer PayPal.
Why PayPal over eBay?
I have an issue now where my item shows delivered, but I didn’t get anything.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply. How many pics should I send? Of what specifically? Soles being dirty, no cardboard inserts, creases in nubuck, nasty **** on the patent leather, all of the above?

I have a pair of DS 9.5 that I got myself from FTA, should I add pics of those to compare to? Or just leave mine out of it?

Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure I do this correctly, so I get my money back

geno90221 geno90221 I choose PayPal over eBay, because they deal with my money. I use them for all online purchases I can as well, because since they deal with the money - they also protect it for me.

turbospartan turbospartan just send the photos that show they aren’t new and unused. It’s doesnt even really matter, it’s just a footprint that eBay can see you did - main reason for doing it. Buyers almost always have the upper hand in these situations.

geno90221 geno90221 I choose PayPal over eBay, because they deal with my money. I use them for all online purchases I can as well, because since they deal with the money - they also protect it for me.

turbospartan turbospartan just send the photos that show they aren’t new and unused. It’s doesnt even really matter, it’s just a footprint that eBay can see you did - main reason for doing it. Buyers almost always have the upper hand in these situations.
In cases like this (first time happening) do they give the buyer a hard time?
Do they be on some well the tracking shows delivered blah blah blah...?

Some pics of the eBay pair

xaYrzGQ.jpg

cbokTT3.jpg

My DS Footaction pair vs eBay pair:

NyFQ34N.jpg

he took his shot and gambled on wether u were going to just settle and not go thru hassle of refunding. he lost the gamble.

Jokes on him he has to pay return shipping and fees

This is what he messaged me:

The listing did not say dead stock FYI. As long as the shoes are only tried on they can be listed as new with box. Dead stock means they’ve never been tried on even. Either way I accepted ur return. You’ll get your refund when I receive the shoes and they’re in same condition as how I sent them.

The listing did not say dead stock FYI. As long as the shoes are only tried on they can be listed as new with box. Dead stock means they’ve never been tried on even. Either way I accepted ur return. You’ll get your refund when I receive the shoes and they’re in same condition as how I sent them.

those joints were more than tried on tho. so whatever he said goes out the window. lol hes dumb.

Lol don't even sweat it. eBay always sides with the buyer. Leave negative feedback and keep it moving.

those joints were more than tried on tho. so whatever he said goes out the window. lol hes dumb.

Lol don't even sweat it. eBay always sides with the buyer. Leave negative feedback and keep it moving.

Should I even reply to him? Kinda want to explain why he's dumb, but don't want any other trouble with the return.

Does he even have control in this situation? His last line of "youll get your return when I receive them and they are in same condition I sent them in"

Should I even reply to him? Kinda want to explain why he's dumb, but don't want any other trouble with the return.

Does he even have control in this situation? His last line of "youll get your return when I receive them and they are in same condition I sent them in"
I think you should just leave negative feedback after you get the refund. It’ll be well deserved.

Last edited:

wait til you get refunded. then neg feedback his behind. that last line sus too. he might try to pull the "i didnt send them to him like this, he wore them and sent them back to me" jig on you.

Since I'm having a hell of a time finding my size... can anyone confirm if it is possible to save money selling my 9.5 on GOAT and rebuying there?

Isn't there a way to avoid the PayPal fee, if I keep the "credit' within GOAT to use on another pair?

Since I'm having a hell of a time finding my size... can anyone confirm if it is possible to save money selling my 9.5 on GOAT and rebuying there?

Isn't there a way to avoid the PayPal fee, if I keep the "credit' within GOAT to use on another pair?

Someone should start a trade marketplace... like goat, or StockX. I think it'd do well. I refuse to resale unless I've worn my fair share of them (typically for cheap just to get rid of them), but I'm always down for a trade, or 2, or a few even. What do ya'll think would you guys use an app like this?

Back
Top Bottom