AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

Struck out. But I ain’t even trippin haha

IMG_1132.gif

That was all determined by where you lived and how much inventory your area got. They definitely sat in the Chicago area cause I wore the Taxis for my school season and then these came out and I got them 1-2 months after release for my AAU season that started in May. Didn't the Cherrys drop in March?

Anyway, none of that is useful because there weren't online releases. Certain areas selling out isn't indicative of anything other than allocation.

I mean, it works both ways. If an area gets flooded with them like Chicago would have at the time, then yeah, I'm sure pairs were bound to sit. Cincinnati has always been a heavy Jordan area. Rarely ever got shorted on allocations.

Taxis were November, and I feel like these and the French Blues were around February. Only reason that sticks out is that I usually get a pair of J's for my birthday in February and that year's were the French Blues. First time in forever they dropped 2 colors in 1 day. I remember grabbing these as well, thinking "eh, I'd rather have them and then return them, than decide I want them next week and not be able to find them."

I mean, it works both ways. If an area gets flooded with them like Chicago would have at the time, then yeah, I'm sure pairs were bound to sit. Cincinnati has always been a heavy Jordan area. Rarely ever got shorted on allocations.

Taxis were November, and I feel like these and the French Blues were around February. Only reason that sticks out is that I usually get a pair of J's for my birthday in February and that year's were the French Blues. First time in forever they dropped 2 colors in 1 day. I remember grabbing these as well, thinking "eh, I'd rather have them and then return them, than decide I want them next week and not be able to find them."
It's just a different time altogether. These never sold out up front like they would today because they were spread out and stocked to the brim at sports retailers that don't even exist today. Yeah in some areas they did, but there was no internet. Stores would get stock that was supposed to last months for some. So to compare a "sell out" in 1997 vs a "sell out" today is apples and oranges. It doesn't mean anything in the context of this shoe today.

It's just a different time altogether. These never sold out up front like they would today because they were spread out and stocked to the brim at sports retailers that don't even exist today. Yeah in some areas they did, but there was no internet. Stores would get stock that was supposed to last months for some. So to compare a "sell out" in 1997 vs a "sell out" today is apples and oranges. It doesn't mean anything in the context of this shoe today.
There was ONE Jordan that sold out instantly back then pretty much everywhere, and that was the black/red 11. EVERYONE wanted these. Like, everyone AND their momma. I had to go to at least 4 different stores to get a pair on my size on release day. People went absolutely bonkers over them. I never had to do that with any other release back then. Not even the Concords. I remember being in shock about it cause that never happened before.

Last edited:
There was ONE Jordan that sold out instantly back then pretty much everywhere, and that was the black/red 11. EVERYONE wanted these. Like, everyone AND their momma. I had to go to at least 4 different stores to get a pair on my size on release day. I never had to do that with any other release back then. Not even the Concords. I remember being in shock about it cause that never happened before.
Oh I remember. My parents told me I wasn't spending that kind of money on patent leather basketball shoes. I remember going to the mall and they had the display pair still sitting after they'd sold out. 12 year old me wasn't winning that battle, even with my own $$$

There was ONE Jordan that sold out instantly back then pretty much everywhere, and that was the black/red 11. EVERYONE wanted these. Like, everyone AND their momma. I had to go to at least 4 different stores to get a pair on my size on release day. People went absolutely bonkers over them. I never had to do that with any other release back then. Not even the Concords. I remember being in shock about it cause that never happened before.

Same thing happened to me. Last store in the mall I hit up was Finish Line and I got lucky because the manager had a 12 aside for me just in case I stopped in. Up to that point, as long as you were there in the first few hours of the mall opening, you were good.

Which came out first Playoffs or Flu games? I do remember the playoffs being somewhat more popular.

Black / Red’s first…Late spring, early summer…

Playoffs were mid - late summer…I remember a bunch of kids rocked for back to school that year…

As far as sitting goes, Concord 11’s we’re the first pair of sneakers I ever experienced selling out here in Vegas…Pretty much everything after those was fairly attainable after release…I feel like the next time I had to actively search out a shoe was when the Playoff 13’s, and Black / Red 13’s hit…

I remember going to the mall 1 hr before they closed with my pops to return some burgundy timbs he bought me that were too big. They had 1 size left in my size and I got em. But the cool greys were the wildest release I ever seen here. Dudes were getting shot/jumped/robbed. Moms tried to stop me from wearing that Monday to school. Had to put em in my backpack to get em out the house.

Back
Top Bottom