AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

I don't know why in the world I even bother with shock drops. They need to change the name also, this crap aint a SHOCK drop everyone knows! LOL! I havn't won one since off whit UNC 1. Guess I spent my entire amount of luck on those!!! LOL

Kinda related kinda not but do you guys think this style of release (allocating a majority of production to the shock drop and leaving ~22,000 for release day) will be the norm going forward? If so, I guess that means I'll have to keep my phone on standby for the Military 4s next year.

Kinda related kinda not but do you guys think this style of release (allocating a majority of production to the shock drop and leaving ~22,000 for release day) will be the norm going forward? If so, I guess that means I'll have to keep my phone on standby for the Military 4s next year.
It’ll be the norm as long as they push garbage that sits on shelves and hits discounts. Pretty clear OG colorways are gonna continue like this while they release 75 other retros a year no one gives af about.

After missing these and the playoffs I’ll give the DMPs a try and I think I’m retiring. I have 160+ pairs of Jordans right now. Good time to retire from giving these scum****s money at all

I remember going to the mall 1 hr before they closed with my pops to return some burgundy timbs he bought me that were too big. They had 1 size left in my size and I got em. But the cool greys were the wildest release I ever seen here. Dudes were getting shot/jumped/robbed. Moms tried to stop me from wearing that Monday to school. Had to put em in my backpack to get em out the house.

Was working at FTL when the Cool Greys dropped. My store didn't get them, and booooy was it a mess. My manager stopped by another store to pick up pairs for me and him, and had them in his hand when he walked in to open that morning. There was a line of people waiting for him. He told everyone that we didn't get them, and they refused to listen. Kept accusing him of lying and saying stuff like "we know you got pairs in the back!" Our store was in a suburban mall, but this guy had managed some SUPER hood FTL's and he told me this was the first time he'd ever been worried that something was about to pop off. He ended up locking the gate behind him and stayed in the back until the mall was good and open. :lol:

It’ll be the norm as long as they push garbage that sits on shelves and hits discounts. Pretty clear OG colorways are gonna continue like this while they release 75 other retros a year no one gives af about.

After missing these and the playoffs I’ll give the DMPs a try and I think I’m retiring. I have 160+ pairs of Jordans right now. Good time to retire from giving these scum****s money at all
When it comes to the non-OG colorways JB is basically throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks/becomes trendy and sells as well as their OG colorways. Instead, they stick to the shelves of shoe retailers across the nation because no one wants them. Not only are most of the colorways they come out with ugly as sin, but they're oversaturating the market with all these releases. There's a new Jordan and Nike colorway releasing every week amidst an economy where consumers are having their wallets shafted by inflation so as a result, people are becoming far more selective of the shoes they buy. If JB/Nike really cares about their image and the bottom line that much then they should start with firing their design team first rather than artificially limiting GR releases to build hype.

When it comes to the non-OG colorways JB is basically throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks/becomes trendy and sells as well as their OG colorways. Instead, they stick to the shelves of shoe retailers across the nation because no one wants them. Not only are most of the colorways they come out with ugly as sin, but they're oversaturating the market with all these releases. There's a new Jordan and Nike silhouette or colorway releasing every week amidst an economy where consumers are having their wallets shafted by inflation so as a result, people are becoming far more selective. If JB/Nike really cares about their image and the bottom line that much then they should start with firing their design team first rather than artificially limiting GR releases to build hype.
I think they care about $$$$ more than anything else. Their image isn’t exactly prestige at this point. You can’t flood the market with garbage twice a week at extreme prices and be a prestigious brand. They really aren’t interested in prestige. But I do think they wrongly believe these bad colorways are appealing to a younger demo that will carry their sales forward.

They thought a re-retro of Burgundy’s would crush with the younger demo, but they didn’t and the quality and materials was so poor compared to the original it sat on the shelves. They thought the GP lakers PE 12’s would move huge numbers and those thudded. Most of the 1’s have bricked this year too.

At a certain point they’ll have to back off flooding the market but that will probably just make availability overall around 2010-2013 levels. Nothing positive coming to the JB consumer next year.

Is there any other large consumer brand that cares less about its customers?

Finally.... getting this shoe and a shock drop at that.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.png
    IMG_0745.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 17
it appears many of you do not know the ins-&-outs of how nike and others do their marketing, strategy, and contracts with retail shops. Listen up…

In order for a retail shop to get stock/allocation of ANY kind of hot, sellable product, they are forced to purchase a sheeet ton of products that Nike & other companies know will flop & dont care about. This is how nike & other companies make their money on the FRONT end. This ensures retailers cant & wont just purchase hot release product. This is why many retailers carried the jordan fusions many years ago and the 6-23s and other hot garbage. Additionally, these contracts are signed about 6 months in advance and payment is due usually 30-45 days thereafter, approximately 50% or the product brand MAY give the retailer “credit” to be paid back once they start receiving allocation. So brands make their $$ up front and retailers make their monies on the backend which is why sometimes discounts take so long or discounts happen 2-4 weeks after release. This is nothing new and its also why brands like nike are barfing out ridiculous uncreative cws and their just sitting.

I don't know why in the world I even bother with shock drops. They need to change the name also, this crap aint a SHOCK drop everyone knows! LOL! I havn't won one since off whit UNC 1. Guess I spent my entire amount of luck on those!!! LOL

Facts.
They need to just call it what it is.. A pre-release..

And they only do it so that they can lock in their sales before the other retailers.. Nike is the king of resellers..

it appears many of you do not know the ins-&-outs of how nike and others do their marketing, strategy, and contracts with retail shops. Listen up…

In order for a retail shop to get stock/allocation of ANY kind of hot, sellable product, they are forced to purchase a sheeet ton of products that Nike & other companies know will flop & dont care about. This is how nike & other companies make their money on the FRONT end. This ensures retailers cant & wont just purchase hot release product. This is why many retailers carried the jordan fusions many years ago and the 6-23s and other hot garbage. Additionally, these contracts are signed about 6 months in advance and payment is due usually 30-45 days thereafter, approximately 50% or the product brand MAY give the retailer “credit” to be paid back once they start receiving allocation. So brands make their $$ up front and retailers make their monies on the backend which is why sometimes discounts take so long or discounts happen 2-4 weeks after release. This is nothing new and its also why brands like nike are barfing out ridiculous uncreative cws and their just sitting.
That's a minor point when the vast majority of inventory is running through NDC/SNKRS and they're cutting out retailers left and right. They want to own 90%+ sales direct to consumer. There's also a big difference between pushing fusions and cheaper shoes and pushing $225 retros retailers are shelling out for and having on their shelves. Most of these retailers are working on 3% or less profit margin, so when they get brick after brick at those price points, they're stuck with them. Which is why small shops like SNKRROM and L&H do flash sales so frequently. They gotta move this **** they're stuck with.

Took an L on my main account I entered within 1 minute

Entered on my burner snkrs account like 5 min late and got the W

Yikes.
I thought it was well known it's not FCFS in the queue. They've been doing lotteries ever since they backed off labeling stuff with "drawing." In fact, I'm convinced that if you're a human and enter too early you're removed as if you were a bot. But getting in sooner doesn't assure you of anything. The delayed results are the lottery running across entries that come in within the first few minutes.

That's a minor point when the vast majority of inventory is running through NDC/SNKRS and they're cutting out retailers left and right. They want to own 90%+ sales direct to consumer. There's also a big difference between pushing fusions and cheaper shoes and pushing $225 retros retailers are shelling out for and having on their shelves. Most of these retailers are working on 3% or less profit margin, so when they get brick after brick at those price points, they're stuck with them. Which is why small shops like SNKRROM and L&H do flash sales so frequently. They gotta move this **** they're stuck with.

yes that is absolutely the other side to retail. The only point i will play devils advocate to is nike owning “90%+ sales”. In theory That is what they would like but IMO its not feasible. Also IMO, i think ppl have moved on to exploring other brands bc of bots and not being able to purchase shoes they really wanted.

yes that is absolutely the other side to retail. The only point i will play devils advocate to is nike owning “90%+ sales”. In theory That is what they would like but IMO its not feasible. Also IMO, i think ppl have moved on to exploring other brands bc of bots and not being able to purchase shoes they really wanted.
I'm joining that crowd leaving being a JB consumer. But my point was that Nike doesn't even want to be giving inventory to these small retailers unless they're one they're working with on collabs. They do because they haven't figured out how to be better at D2C, but that's the goal. And in the context of that, they sure don't care if they're sacking those same retailers with $225 retros that sit collecting dust until they hit wholesale prices and the shops break even or take a small loss after shipping.

I thought it was well known it's not FCFS in the queue. They've been doing lotteries ever since they backed off labeling stuff with "drawing." In fact, I'm convinced that if you're a human and enter too early you're removed as if you were a bot. But getting in sooner doesn't assure you of anything. The delayed results are the lottery running across entries that come in within the first few minutes.
Exactly it's been that way for some time. It's not like the draw, but it is random and luck comes into play.

Nike got people where they always wanted too…
People enter shock drops just for the heck of it or to sell the shoe before they even ship….
Smh the hypebeasts are out in full effect :frown:
Not paying resale no matter how much I like a shoe..
Those days are over for me :smile:
Will gladly wear my 2009 no problem

Attachments

• 502B435C-16D3-4987-B438-6AAF584BE7B0.jpeg
    502B435C-16D3-4987-B438-6AAF584BE7B0.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 368
Back
Top Bottom