AIR JORDAN 12 RETRO - BLACK/WHITE/RED - 130690-001 - CONFIRMED 4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish i could scoop a pair up but ill be at Coachella Weekend 2. Hopefully a homie can grab these for me

Compare this flu game to the previous ones.
varsity-red-17.jpg

OG and '03 retro
air-jordan-12-xii-original-og-playoffs-black-varsity-red-11.jpg

air-jordan-12-xii-retro-playoffs-black-varsity-red-1.jpg

^ Flat out disgrace. Don't know why JB even bothered dropping those things.

Thankfully these didn't receive that treatment.

I'll be cool with 1 pair of these. If the quality isn't up to par I'll just get rid of 'em and hunt down a pair of 04's.

Originally Posted by jdm free

feel like theres no point in coppin jays anymore

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

Originally Posted by THA REAL A2THAMOS

i feel like a lot of ppl here don't know what real leather is suppose to feel like. from pics and vids, it looks like the quality of the leather is just as synthetic and plastic-y as ever. i really hope someone can prove me wrong here or that i'm proved wrong in-person.

the only j's i have as of the past 2 or so years with black leather are the altitude 13's and bred 11 low ie. already knew the leather wasn't going to be real but damn, they really felt like crap compared to the real deal.

Dont buy then plain n simple

well if my assumptions are correct, i won't. i was just saying that it seems like everyone's standards been going down along with JB's quality when they say the leather on retros is nice when they actually feel like plastic.

most of the ppl saying that were still in their fathers' sacks when OGs hit the scene and weren't into jays yet when the 1st retros dropped. fast forward to now and they tryna catch up. but really that still doesn't explain why they think it's quality/real leather.

I need these in my life, but I feel the the quality will be iffy as always. Especially on a shoe with so much leather.

Originally Posted by RipC

I need these in my life, but I feel the the quality will be iffy as always. Especially on a shoe with so much leather.

laugh.gif
 How much leather on a sneaker doesn't determine the quality of the leather the manufacturer does

Its not like half the sneaker is going to be good leather and the other half bad 
laugh.gif

i think he means if the quality of the leather is bad, and because the entire shoe is mostly leather then the entire show will look bad, as opposed to a pair with minimal leather

My OG's are still in great shape they're tanks, I will try to pick up a pair but I won't go out of my way to cop.

Had these in my hand today and passed on them, gotta save my change for the the yeezys! But if i didnt want the yeezys so bad i would have copped!

Originally Posted by THA REAL A2THAMOS

i feel like a lot of ppl here don't know what real leather is suppose to feel like. from pics and vids, it looks like the quality of the leather is just as synthetic and plastic-y as ever. i really hope someone can prove me wrong here or that i'm proved wrong in-person.
the only j's i have as of the past 2 or so years with black leather are the altitude 13's and bred 11 low ie. already knew the leather wasn't going to be real but damn, they really felt like crap compared to the real deal.

Dont buy then plain n simple

well if my assumptions are correct, i won't. i was just saying that it seems like everyone's standards been going down along with JB's quality when they say the leather on retros is nice when they actually feel like plastic.
Ha you know what though? A bunch of kids are always saying "o these are nice but these crease too much..." or "why can't JB make shoes where the toe box doesn't crease?!" I think a bunch of these little kids got exactly what they asked for. We get nasty, plastic-y "leather" that doesn't crease. People fail to realize that leather naturally creases over time. I'm not quite sure what people consider as good quality these days. 

Wish these would be as easy to kop as the white/red 14s! I have a feeling I might have to stop whatever I'm doing when my local NT tweets for ID registration/wristbanding for these!

In for one. Anyone have a side by side comparison of OG, '04, and '12? Would like to see the difference.

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by RipC

laugh.gif
 How much leather on a sneaker doesn't determine the quality of the leather the manufacturer does

Its not like half the sneaker is going to be good leather and the other half bad 
laugh.gif
incorrect
correct

for a shoe that has a lot of leather, JB might decide to use a lower quality (and cheaper) leather in order the help their margin. 
you're right that they aren't going to have half of the leather upper bad quality and the other half great quality , but i dont think thats what RipC meant

I want them and don't want them at the same one, illness colorway IMO but they didn't look that good on stalley's feet from from what I saw. Gametime decision.

Wait till the bred 11s come out can you say bananas its goin be tougher to get then it was the concords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom