Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

If you were an 11.5 I would not mind letting go for retail. I tried to like these but I’d rather re-glue some ‘98s or ‘05s

Damn man wish I saw this months back. I can never find anyone else who is a 11.5 lol! This is a dope *** deal though, good man! But I definitely agree the 98s kill these the tongue is the main thing for me the holes and shape are completely different they didnt capture the og at all in that peice.

Damn man wish I saw this months back. I can never find anyone else who is a 11.5 lol! This is a dope *** deal though, good man! But I definitely agree the 98s kill these the tongue is the main thing for me the holes and shape are completely different they didnt capture the og at all in that peice.
True. They didn’t do these or the black/reds right 🤦🏽‍♂️ I’ve come to grips that JB is never going to gives us proper retros of the original colorways for any model. They did give us a couple nice retros but for the most part you can expect them to disappoint you. I recently found out that the og 13’s were still wearable so I’ll eventually hunt some down and patch em up. No telling when JB gon give us what we want 😭

True. They didn’t do these or the black/reds right 🤦🏽‍♂️ I’ve come to grips that JB is never going to gives us proper retros of the original colorways for any model. They did give us a couple nice retros but for the most part you can expect them to disappoint you. I recently found out that the og 13’s were still wearable so I’ll eventually hunt some down and patch em up. No telling when JB gon give us what we want 😭
Lol bro your spot on with that I wanna get a pair of OGs and put the full length zoom in them lol so comfy. But yeah man closest thing we have to OG is the fire red 5s but they weren't even spot on either right, also they weren't butcher like the 4, 3 and 13 were in the past lol.

I also found out recently that the OGs are wearable so I’m doing the same thing. Slap some comfortable insoles in em and maybe a reglue and boom. That soft toe leather. I had the blk blue lows in 98 so that’s what I got recently DS and for only $246!
E6B5E36C-942C-4197-93B2-6099CB8DC189.jpeg

I consider that a steal especially since those were one of the few OGs that I had the pleasure of owning. Ive been wearing these around the house and so far no separation. I will be ready. And keeping an eye out for more OGs.

One thing I like about this 2020 release of the flints is the grey is lighter than the 2005 the last release I bought, so close to the OG which I always loved, that light grey. And that 2005 release was an unmitigated nightmare. The pods started bleeding PINK on me. PINK. I love how some consider 2005 to be in an era of good quality retros. It’s hilarious. The 2004 bred 13s were on point except for the toe leather. I remember the grey toe 13s also had the bleeding pods issue but the flints having that problem was absolutely unacceptable.

I also found out recently that the OGs are wearable so I’m doing the same thing. Slap some comfortable insoles in em and maybe a reglue and boom. That soft toe leather. I had the blk blue lows in 98 so that’s what I got recently DS and for only $246!

I consider that a steal especially since those were one of the few OGs that I had the pleasure of owning. Ive been wearing these around the house and so far no separation. I will be ready. And keeping an eye out for more OGs.

One thing I like about this 2020 release of the flints is the grey is lighter than the 2005 the last release I bought, so close to the OG which I always loved, that light grey. And that 2005 release was an unmitigated nightmare. The pods started bleeding PINK on me. PINK. I love how some consider 2005 to be in an era of good quality retros. It’s hilarious. The 2004 bred 13s were on point except for the toe leather. I remember the grey toe 13s also had the bleeding pods issue but the flints having that problem was absolutely unacceptable.
I always wondered why the heck they bleed pink on the pids. It's super weird the color isn't even on the shoe.

Yeah the bleeding on the ‘05 flints and grey toes was terrible almost forgot about that part. But those are fire man enjoy em I think that’s a real good price for some DS og’s 🔥. Planning on grabbing some og black/reds when I get around to it. Seen some floating around.

Interesting seeing the talk about XIII's and these not being done right. I said it a few times before and after release and everyone was so excited I felt muted :lol: but I also didn't want to ruin some peoples fun by over complaining.

I own the 05's and I love them despite the bleeding. Ironically mine did it but it was never as aggressive as most people. My pods aren't pink..theres just that kind of burgundy looking film where the glue meets from Flint Grey to the white pods.

I think about letting these go from time to time because I still have the 05 and the shape on these are a let down.

Interesting seeing the talk about XIII's and these not being done right. I said it a few times before and after release and everyone was so excited I felt muted :lol: but I also didn't want to ruin some peoples fun by over complaining.

I own the 05's and I love them despite the bleeding. Ironically mine did it but it was never as aggressive as most people. My pods aren't pink..theres just that kind of burgundy looking film where the glue meets from Flint Grey to the white pods.

I think about letting these go from time to time because I still have the 05 and the shape on these are a let down.
Got a side/side comparison? I thought these were pretty well executed..

It's the glue they used

Ah you got lucky on the bleeding then whereas I think I got really unlucky I mean BOTH my pairs bled like crazy. I wanted my ****ing money back.

JB: Derrr. Huhuhhh. I got an idea. Let’s use a different glue than the proven glue we’ve used before. We can cut costs! Derrrrr

Dumb ****s.

Ah you got lucky on the bleeding then whereas I think I got really unlucky I mean BOTH my pairs bled like crazy. I wanted my ****ing money back.

JB: Derrr. Huhuhhh. I got an idea. Let’s use a different glue than the proven glue we’ve used before. We can cut costs! Derrrrr

Dumb ****s.

Yeah I dont think you guys are making it up lmao.. I remember the Flint Grey thread back in the day and folks were coming back years later complaining about it and I would always look at mine and not see it as badly. That's why I loved my 05's and still do. I only want to even keep the 2020 pair to wear them out and preserve my 05s that were still wearable but I foresee some regluing needed down the line.

My 05's are still DS....I only got them a couple years ago because I wasn't sure when these would come back out and was tired of the constant rumors. I dunno what they look like now; I haven't pulled them out in a bit. Quadrupled the 2020's because this is my 3rd favorite shoe behind the Bred 13 and Last Shots. Here were the 2005's in 2018 when I got them tho....very minimal pink. Stole them for $196 on eBay.

F14BBB4D-36E2-42A8-849A-6303313400D3.jpeg

A51D1DE0-0E2A-46EA-AA6F-A58710C579C3.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving, I have to say I’m very thankful for all of you on this board and the staff that does so much to keep this going. With Covid in the family and loss of job (I’m doing fine don’t worry), bad weather, basketball and tennis locked down in my area this Niketalk community helped me get thru some tough days. So Thank you! With that being said ten years ago today two astounding figures dropped the PremioBin VIIs and Flint XIIIs which did you like better?
1606402504304.jpeg

1606402566613.jpeg

Tomorrows Anniversary is the 2009 Flu Game XIIs, 2015 Aqua VIIIs, 2017 Gold NRG Top 3 (High) 1s, 2017 KAWS x Black IV.

You trip me out bro. You’re like an anniversary encyclopedia :lol:

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And to everyone reading this for that matter. Bout to eat my wife’s killer food. Turkey. Cornbread stuffing. Mac n cheese. Broccoli cheese casserole. And cranberry sauce out of the can be the best!

Happy Thanksgiving, I have to say I’m very thankful for all of you on this board and the staff that does so much to keep this going. With Covid in the family and loss of job (I’m doing fine don’t worry), bad weather, basketball and tennis locked down in my area this Niketalk community helped me get thru some tough days. So Thank you! With that being said ten years ago today two astounding figures dropped the PremioBin VIIs and Flint XIIIs which did you like better?
1606402504304.jpeg

1606402566613.jpeg

Tomorrows Anniversary is the 2009 Flu Game XIIs, 2015 Aqua VIIIs, 2017 Gold NRG Top 3 (High) 1s, 2017 KAWS x Black IV.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom