Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

I remember when the flints came out they sat. No one wanted these or the ginger low 13s back then. Everyone wanted the black/red, playoff, and wht/black (hgg) the most.

man they didn’t sit where I was at... the playoffs sat for the longest time and went on sale. These were gone after a day.

I cannot speak for the 2 lows back then because I simply was not interested. But as far as mids go, the only pair that was considered "easy" were the black toes. I tried for the white/reds, and playoffs on release day, too late. Mostly gone in adults. I never even had a chance to see the Flints in any adult sizes. And at the period of time I had a heads up chance. All areas are different though.

man they didn’t sit where I was at... the playoffs sat for the longest time and went on sale. These were gone after a day.

Unrelated, but man I remember I was in 3rd grade and my mom got me the Jordan Team 1s in white/grey/red at JcPenny. Wore it once and returned it lol, and got the Playoffs on release day a week after. Size 3 for $64.99. I was really a 3 1/2 but that size the price went up to $99.99 lol

Flint 13s, and ginger / black 13 lows sat the most. Bulls color ways always sold out fairly quick. Especially the playoff models.

Flints sold out by Noon around here. I remember waiting outside Footaction for them to open and was the only person waiting when they opened. Went back a couple of hours later and they were sold out.

Unrelated, but man I remember I was in 3rd grade and my mom got me the Jordan Team 1s in white/grey/red at JcPenny. Wore it once and returned it lol, and got the Playoffs on release day a week after. Size 3 for $64.99. I was really a 3 1/2 but that size the price went up to $99.99 lol
That wall jump had you getting a head start to the car, before that final price showed on the register.

Was excited for this retro. I literally passed on the 2010 because too many corners were cut and left out on what made this shoe so beautiful. The shape was much better than more recent retro 13’s but it was still off. The tongue liner being so pronounced on the tongue and the tongues themselves still being weirdly high was something I told myself I could over look but I couldn’t. It felt like corners were being cut again to deliver us a serviceable but still off retro. Far from an OG snob but I caught myself sounding like that guy, “why couldn’t these be more like the OG’s?”....

So I bought some OG’s.

Deadstock 1998 Air Jordan 13 “Flint”

663F4CA0-6802-4A90-9C6D-D77ED8E03548.jpeg

EA4817C6-A8C1-4974-888F-45ED56DD4300.jpeg

F0832BAD-FF0A-49A9-8F09-7724B76F2F60.jpeg

5F8CE624-5DC1-40C9-9745-8EBF3CC112FC.jpeg

7F070710-CE78-441B-BCA0-231EC8CD52C6.jpeg

770290D4-1A1A-4AB5-A78C-E1EB88363512.jpeg

Too beautiful for me not to wear. They’re going on my feet as well as my DS OG All-Star 13’s. I’m ready to get them professionally reglued if they separate but the glue still seems really sturdy on the midsole. Enough for casually walking at the least. Still curious about this retro but I’m ultimately passing. JB just can’t get the retro of the 13 right or at least don’t want to. Couldn’t see myself waiting another 10 years for them to do Flints right so I took it back to the roots :nthat:

These OGs are beautiful, its making want to track down a pair too. Something about the retro is making me want to hold off.

dude those cheap ol websites ‘restocking’ 100 pairs total aint a restock

and funny they do it a few days in a row???? just trying to boost their website hits

I feel you returning for some Playoff 13s...but I have deep deep love for the Team J 1s. I remember having 2 or 3 pairs back then that were all turned to beaters. They were the best daily beaters. I still got the two main retro colorways.

Not sure if it's old heads or people that don't cop Jordans regularly but hype is real on these. More so then I seen in a while. People hitting me up trying to 300 already to preorder This release gonna be interesting (I'm technically a old head myself)

I feel you returning for some Playoff 13s...but I have deep deep love for the Team J 1s. I remember having 2 or 3 pairs back then that were all turned to beaters. They were the best daily beaters. I still got the two main retro colorways.

Team 1’s were 🔥 back then...Tanks too...The 13’s and the Team’s were the first pairs of sneakers I bought multiple colorways of...Even though I had most of the colorways the playoff 13’s and the white/navy Team 1’s in particular got a ton of wear from me...

These OGs are beautiful, its making want to track down a pair too. Something about the retro is making me want to hold off.

And you’re confident that you’ll actually be able to wear them consistently? Lol

Is the shape on these really that bad compared to the OGs?

-Drew

I’d say it’s “different” compared to the OG but it isn’t entirely bad. Certainly not enough to warrant an all out pass on these lol. They’ll flatten out and will look fine on feet and lately I’ve been seeing pairs in my size that don’t look bad shape wise at all (size 10). They also lowered the tongue like the the OG/05’ too which is dope. I honestly think it would be kinda wild to pass on these because of the shape not being identical to OGs. If we’re being honest, the shape we all love of the OG did cause that shoe to crease like crazy so let’s not forget. These will be had and I don’t recommend anyone sleep on this release. Regrets will be had not even a year down the road.

Last edited:
One would think after 10+ years of complaining on this site about shape, you'd resolve the fact that it's just not coming back in true og form, and either you buy it, or stop buying the product, especially at a price increase. It's a simple answer to a simple question . I'm personally way past the point of putting shoes under a microscope. No shots at anyone by any means, but it's the same complaint over and over. For me, I reached the point of asking myself, can you live with x amount of lack of details, and if you can, by all means cop if you'd like. No need in wasting words and keystrokes to pass on release, regret, then look for a resale pair, then repeat the process on the next iteration of the retro lol.

Back
Top Bottom