Air Jordan 13 "Flint" May 30, 2020

I struck out too man. I did enter 2 other raffles though and will have to drive like 23 miles to get them if I hit but it'll be worth it to me personally. I luckily hit on the shock drop on SNKRS but really wan't to double up on these because I see myself wearing these a ton this summer.
I have one more raffle I'm waiting on and that hibbett i find out tomorrow if it a w or l if it a l then Saturday here i come

If y'all watched that One Man and his Shoes documentary this week, there was a quote in there from someone talking about how it isn't possible for them recreate retros to the exact specifications of the originals. Didn't give any reasons though.

A bunch of **** really. With the exception of materials that aren't available anymore, it is possible. They just don't want to. It's not can't with them, it's won't. It is what it is at this point honestly.

A bunch of **** really. With the exception of materials that aren't available anymore, it is possible. They just don't want to. It's not can't with them, it's won't. It is what it is at this point honestly.
Some of them look straight bootleg. They take no pride on even using good materials and leather on the classics. They are just cheap...but yet they want to charge $190, $225, and sometimes even $250. My Chris Paul XIII PE’s have trash toebox and tongue fake leather. Terrible.

Hopefully the tongues on these dont squeak when walking. I’ve had that issue with the 2010’s and it was super annoying.

I know, I know, I’m part of the problem bcuz I’m still buying. I passed on HGG’s, my favorite XIII, bcuz I didn’t like how they did them. However, I can’t wait another 20 years for them to get the Flint’s right. I may be dead.

This is what I refer back to... The 2018 black cements in comparison to the most recent 2020 red cements. The 18 black cements look like skate shoes... I find it hard to believe Nike/JB can't do any better on these and other retros they've been dropping

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.54.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.53.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 8.53.19 PM.png

Simple solution for those who have problems. Don’t buy. Complain to Nike HC with your feedback and hopefully they’ll hear your voice. Until then please stop spreading all the negativity for those who really like and want to buy. Too much going on in the world right now for all the negativity.

Hopefully the tongues on these dont squeak when walking. I’ve had that issue with the 2010’s and it was super annoying.
I had that problem on the Cherries from a few years ago. I never wear them because of it.

Someone had posted a fix but idr what it was.

I had that problem on the Cherries from a few years ago. I never wear them because of it.

Someone had posted a fix but idr what it was.

Put some baby powder on the tongue and it goes away. I just worse my Cherries a couple of days ago and no squeaks. The powder will stick around for a while but blends fine with the white tongue. It’s been over a year since I did mine and still no squeaks.

Simple solution for those who have problems. Don’t buy. Complain to Nike HC with your feedback and hopefully they’ll hear your voice. Until then please stop spreading all the negativity for those who really like and want to buy. Too much going on in the world right now for all the negativity.
Relax bro it's a shoe thread your gonna hear a lot you dont wanna hear or agree wit but it's part of a forum. I dont agree with all the complaints either most retros are fine to me. Especially since most have a million shoes and only Rock em a few times anyway or just collect and leave on ice

If y'all watched that One Man and his Shoes documentary this week, there was a quote in there from someone talking about how it isn't possible for them recreate retros to the exact specifications of the originals. Didn't give any reasons though.

I watched it

I long explained this in a few topics over the years gone by

Those old molds don’t exist no more they were thrown out or broke due to age as the shoes weren’t meant to be “retroed”

nike didn’t have the foresight back then can’t blame them who would have

plus the sourcing of materials and markets have changed

the leather used back then that company had long folded who originally supplied it etc...

so it’s basically ok let’s do our best to make a replica of the originals as they have to do it from scratch new mold source materials etc...

must trial and error which is why sometimes it’s right sometimes it’s wrong

I watched it

I long explained this in a few topics over the years gone by

Those old molds don’t exist no more they were thrown out or broke due to age as the shoes weren’t meant to be “retroed”

nike didn’t have the foresight back then can’t blame them who would have

plus the sourcing of materials and markets have changed

the leather used back then that company had long folded who originally supplied it etc...

so it’s basically ok let’s do our best to make a replica of the originals as they have to do it from scratch new mold source materials etc...

must trial and error which is why sometimes it’s right sometimes it’s wrong
You actually believe that BS!?

Yah I remember all that....but in most cases it still seems they can get closer than the finished products we get.

Like I said tho, it is what it is. It's not enough to keep me from not buying...we know it won't get there 100% and I'm not waiting around for it to happen.
https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/ new-balance-1300-japan/

Yah I remember all that....but in most cases it still seems they can get closer than the finished products we get.

Like I said tho, it is what it is. It's not enough to keep me from not buying...we know it won't get there 100% and I'm not waiting around for it to happen.

If you can't get multiple pairs of this release, you didn't try. I have one and I'll get two more online easy.
Same was said about the many other OG releases. I beg to differ. I see this looking like the concords release. Plenty but still hard to get due to demand and flippers. A lotta people are coming out off hiding for this release.

Last edited:
Weird that END raffle are not up for these guys. Even tho I know they’ll tax and probably ask $250 for them.

SNS raffle is up tho.

Hey booker, if it bothers you so much log off. This is a message board. That’s a simpler solution.

Back
Top Bottom