Air Jordan 2012 First look.

There's no way they can be serious with that retail price. Everything about this shoe gets worse by the day.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

this shoe is all hype and not even line up or resell hype

if the shoe would tie by itself then i could see all the b.s

jordan brand needs this nonsense to sell a shoe that no one would otherwise buy

2009 trash

2010 trash

2011 a really good should i say even great shoe

2012 trash

couldnt agree with you more 160

Originally Posted by DRO3000

2009 trash

2010 an ok shoe

2012 trash
FIXED. imo.

I've mentioned it before... but in looking and hearing more about how this process went its crazy.....

While Tinker may put his name as Designer... within the Kitchen and at Jordan.. he is only the Lead Designer.

This shoe was passed around more than a ten dollar +@%!#* at a Bachelor Party. They just don't give attention to the line the way they used to.

Yes they come up with Concepts for the shoe and ways to better the technology.... but the design aspect has been lost and frankly just not something of interest.

Mark Smith went to Jordan and left as Creative Director. Dwayne Edwards left and the new Design Director is simply unliked by many....

Im not foolish to say this is the downfall of Jordan... but Gentry was done a favor when he was moved to Europe's division and now Sports Wear.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more changes to come to the Brand and Gentry ultimately returns.

People may not know the story but Gentry began in Sportswear years ago while he worked with a Drew Greer who was known as the dude who derived the Hybrid and Retro concept.

G brought that over to Jordan and thats when Jordan started making serious loot.

Man... I hope next year's shoe gets better.

I've mentioned it before... but in looking and hearing more about how this process went its crazy.....

While Tinker may put his name as Designer... within the Kitchen and at Jordan.. he is only the Lead Designer.

This shoe was passed around more than a ten dollar +@%!#* at a Bachelor Party. They just don't give attention to the line the way they used to.

Yes they come up with Concepts for the shoe and ways to better the technology.... but the design aspect has been lost and frankly just not something of interest.

Mark Smith went to Jordan and left as Creative Director. Dwayne Edwards left and the new Design Director is simply unliked by many....

Im not foolish to say this is the downfall of Jordan... but Gentry was done a favor when he was moved to Europe's division and now Sports Wear.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more changes to come to the Brand and Gentry ultimately returns.

People may not know the story but Gentry began in Sportswear years ago while he worked with a Drew Greer who was known as the dude who derived the Hybrid and Retro concept.

G brought that over to Jordan and that's when Jordan started making serious loot.

Man... I hope next year's shoe gets better.

I can see your prediction happening.  When I worked at the Beaverton Employee Store, I had the pleasure of speaking w/ Gentry for about an hour.  He is a really standup dude and has a passion for his job.  I tried my best not to ask him about what was coming out at the time, but rather his job function.  That was more interesting anyway.  My point is that he is a very likable person and loved working for JB as much as we trashed him.  I'm sure we'd love to have some crazy-looking retro-plus colorways and less strange looking Jordan models now, wouldn't we?!

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

It's painfully obvious too. 

Originally Posted by jayem

Originally Posted by DRO3000

2009 trash

2010 an ok shoe

2012 trash
FIXED. imo.

Yeah, the 2010's are ok to me. I like the all blacks a lot. Probably because you notice the window less.

I wish I would have gotten two pair. I paid $50 as an after thought, but liked them more after wearing them a couple of times. They're not an every day sneaker, but they're one of my favorite pair of sneakers to throw on with sweats.

Ended up getting the black/red/whites for the gym.

The post XX3 shoes have had their fair share of criticism, but I honestly think they weren't all that bad. They performed well on court and each one of them were pretty damn comfortable. Technology wise, they were up there with the best current basketball shoes on the market.

In an age where all anyone cares about are retros and crazy color combinations, the 2009-2012 Jordans seem to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

^and because they look like !%!@...and really, when it comes to Jordans anymore... the majority of people are interested in aesthetics. Had their design team put out something original and noteworthy within the last few years (I know the 2011s caught some hype) the sig line of today wouldn't be where it is right now. It's all well and good if the shoe performs well (not sure how many people even think about balling in Jordans anymore) but Jordans were always popular for the way they looked and most of these recent releases have looked like garbage. This is why they've gotten lost in the shuffle, in my opinion. If all people cared about was performance then hey, these might do really well...i don't know. Obviously, that isn't the case. Put out an attractive product that people will want and it'll sell.

From Nice Kicks:
In an attempt to board the exclusive Air Jordan 2012 flight, you will need more than your license and a flight ticket. On February 7th, 2012, Jordan Brand will officially unveil the innovative Air Jordan 2012, and the one-of-a-kind invitation to the special event comes in the form of this Air Jordan 2012 passport. This invitation, which was handed out to select members of the sneaker media, mimics a traditional passport with its blue outer shell and gold font. Inside of the invitation is a quick, multi-page preview of the Air Jordan 2012, which includes 3-D glasses to view the Air Jordan 2012 in multidimensional form. Check out the Air Jordan 2012 passport in detail below, and stay tuned to Nice Kicks for updated info regarding the upcoming Air Jordan 2012.

pass-1.jpg

pass-2.jpg

pass-3.jpg

pass-4.jpg

pass-5.jpg

pass-6.jpg

http://www.nicekicks.com/...ir-jordan-2012-passport/

I have a pair of 2009-2010-2011 and I can say that they are really nice shoes. The 2009 and 2011 are pretty much in the same area as the Air Jordan XV as most people arent feeling it. I think the problem is that fact that these things launch at 190$. Kicks on sale are passed on because you walked into the shoe with just enough for the brand new 160$ shoe.

The funny thing is, I've heard the same argument about Jordans not "looking as good" as year's past models since the original Air Jordan XIII.

Give it a few years and people will be posting about how they wish these were retroed. It's like this every year.

via sneakernews.com
air-jordan-2012-golf-shoes-1.jpg

The Air Jordan 2012 was inspired partly by wing-tip shoes, a distinct style that has a huge presence in the sport of golf. Since we first showed the Air Jordan 2012 here on Sneaker News, many of our readers made the quick connection that the AJ2K12 did in fact look suitable for the green, and this recent sighting of Michael Jordan makes that connection is more than obvious. During a recent golf outing with former pro-golfer Hank Kuehne, MJ rocked these Air Jordan 2012 Golf Shoes to bring a level of unique style to the game, and here you see MJ lounging on a cart, cigar between his teeth, chillin’ without a care in the world. For the golfing fans, would you cop an Air Jordan 2012 golf shoe? Should other Air Jordan Retros be made into golf shoes, like that Air Jordan III MJ wore some time ago? Let us know in the comments below.

air-jordan-2012-golf-shoes.jpg

Originally Posted by ijapino

The funny thing is, I've heard the same argument about Jordans not "looking as good" as year's past models since the original Air Jordan XIII.

Give it a few years and people will be posting about how they wish these were retroed. It's like this every year.
People have been saying that about every jordan that I can remember.... even down to the 4's. every year a jordan drops, the first initial feeling is hate, just like they do with the lebron line now a days. give it some time and people will come around.
I remember when they dropped the concord back in the day and it sat in the stores. now look at the frenzy it causes.

Gotta admit this shoe is growing on me the more I look at the pictures out there. I really want to see some detailed photos of the gray /lime.

"please tell me about those f*****n golf shoes!"
tumblr_loc3dlo9TQ1qehlczo1_400.jpg

every

single

year

Originally Posted by Drefus Jones

People have been saying that about every jordan that I can remember.... even down to the 4's. every year a jordan drops, the first initial feeling is hate, just like they do with the lebron line now a days. give it some time and people will come around.
I remember when they dropped the concord back in the day and it sat in the stores. now look at the frenzy it causes.
Lol I cant wait to see people getting hyped over a Retro 22

Back
Top Bottom