Air Jordan 2012 First look.

Yikes.
sick.gif

I thought seeing more colorways might sway my original opinion of the 2012.

Seeing all these new colorways though has just reinforced it.

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Does anyone think JB wants.these.to.fail? They.are releasing these close to other big releases but.making these 20$ to 30$ more than the retro.
I think they are now focusing on the Chinese market, with 1.2 Billion people, they only need about 10% of the market and that is more than the entire population of the US.

There is heavy marketing in China for Nike products, i saw all this when i was recently in Shanghai. Nike is seen as a sports luxury item there and cashed up Chinese people are buying it up.

i agree with you 
i think the only place in the world there going to sell at full retail is china 

just studying the pictures i appreciate the subtleness of the design.
but when you look close you will see slight details not seen at a glance.

The jumman being so big is still a little too much IMO

Originally Posted by andfattoo

i wonder how long the 2011 IDs are going to be up there.
I don't know but I'm strongly thinking about making me some because these 2012s are doing nothing for me...

via sneakernews.com

Last week, Jordan Brand officially unveiled the Air Jordan 2012 ‘Year Of The Dragon’, detailed by a number of historic insignia and focusing on the significance of the number ’9′. That number serves as one of Michael Jordan’s lucky numbers as well as a meaningful icon in Chinese history. ’9′ is also the number of pieces you will see in the special packaging for the Air Jordan 2012 ‘Year Of The Dragon’; two shoes, two inner booties, three insoles, one special edition bag, and one oversized three-shelf box (nine pieces total) make up this year’s Air Jordan/Chinese Zodiac connection. You thought those Defining Moments or Collezione Packages were big? Those have nothing on the upcoming Aj 2012 Dragons. Check out the extra shot below and stick with Sneaker News for release information.

air-jordan-2012-year-of-the-dragon-packaging-1.jpg

Are these growing on anybody yet? This angle makes the shoe look somewhat decent. I definitely prefer the lower look than the higher.

I wouldn't buy these with your money.

Also let me share that the Jordan Signature line has become an after thought in the Kitchen....

They need to let Justin run lead with this, at least he will be some creativity into it. Right now Tinker and the gang are just passing it around and letting Marketing run with the backstory which as you know the Kitchen really hates Marketing killing the real inspiration... but they've lost interest in this line.

Remember when tinker said fine leathers and such.... Oh Really? You can put perfume on crap... and even wrap it in nice packaging.. but its still crap in the end.

Too bad we can't get all that special treatment with retro's.....3 insoles and 2 booties? them hideous things probably more comfortable than lebron 9s.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

via sneakernews.com

Last week, Jordan Brand officially unveiled the Air Jordan 2012 ‘Year Of The Dragon’, detailed by a number of historic insignia and focusing on the significance of the number ’9′. That number serves as one of Michael Jordan’s lucky numbers as well as a meaningful icon in Chinese history. ’9′ is also the number of pieces you will see in the special packaging for the Air Jordan 2012 ‘Year Of The Dragon’; two shoes, two inner booties, three insoles, one special edition bag, and one oversized three-shelf box (nine pieces total) make up this year’s Air Jordan/Chinese Zodiac connection. You thought those Defining Moments or Collezione Packages were big? Those have nothing on the upcoming Aj 2012 Dragons. Check out the extra shot below and stick with Sneaker News for release information.

Are these growing on anybody yet? This angle makes the shoe look somewhat decent. I definitely prefer the lower look than the higher.

gimmicks galore...if anything, these are shrinking on me. I remember when it used to be a great pair of sneakers in a box. Now we get garbage with accessories in a fancy box. 

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

gimmicks galore...if anything, these are shrinking on me. I remember when it used to be a great pair of sneakers in a box. Now we get garbage with accessories in a fancy box. 

I agree that they're not the most aesthetically pleasing pair to look at, but they're probably a beast to hoop in. Most newer model Jordans have been like that lately. Looks are eh...But performance is off the charts. The Kobe line is using a similar gimmick with the interchangeable insoles/booty. The 2012 Jordan just took it a step further and allowed you to change the cushioning set up with your ankle protection. you can actually use 3 different cushion setups and mix them with your ankle protection. As far as I know, the Kobe VII's don't do that. It's either zoom/low or max/high unless you want to customize your bootys on NDC. 

these are terrible .... at least we will get to save money.....

jordan is due for another crazy hot sig shoe soon, maybe 2013 we will see it, but not this year !

via sneakernews.com

Yes I kinda like the 2012s in that colorway. I dont know what but it works. I starting to think I need to get my hands on the sneaker before I can judge it. 

Ima need release info on those YOTD, hopefully great colorways can save this shoe like this colorway

So the trick is to sell the limited kicks in a big ole box and hope everyone else wants the other non limited stuff..

Hmmm.. ok

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

I agree that they're not the most aesthetically pleasing pair to look at, but they're probably a beast to hoop in. Most newer model Jordans have been like that lately.  

good point...that's a possibility. We'll see....someone will see, not me.   

The 2011 were definetly more appealing than these
Because tinker went on the safe way to make
The 2011 look rather like a hybrid of the
XI and XII while adding a contemporary
Outsole and light built construct.
The 2012 are more radical and have
A similar feel with the XVI reminding
Of some senior men leather shoes
From the 1920s.
I actually must admit that i would
Wear the white/blacks to play basketball.
But i still think they should scale down
The jumpman on the sides and redesign
The toe cap without the punched holes.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

So the trick is to sell the limited kicks in a big ole box and hope everyone else wants the other non limited stuff..

Hmmm.. ok

It kinda worked last year with the 2011 YOTR's but I don't see anyone buying these for the price theyre lookin for.  I might buy the YOTD's for collecting purposes but I aint paying anything close to what I had to pay to get my 2011 YOTR's.

The box is cooler than the shoe
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If I can trade these or resell them to buy the Year of the rabbit, I would do it! Looks like these are set to release on February 2, 3 or the 4th.

Me being born in the year of the dragon, I'm very disappointed to see how these turned out
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The rabbits look so much nicer.

Back
Top Bottom