Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Toros sold out on release date depending where you live. I was in Florida for the toro release and every small, nothing Footlocker, Champs, etc., that usually gets nothing, got the Toros and a week or two later, you could still find some sizes around the Tampa area.

You can't state that a shoe "sold out on release day" because your local stores sold out or because the online retailers sold out. You have to look at at how many stores actually got the release. If a retailers in really small markets get them, it's because Nike/Jordan Brand are releasing more pairs.

Here's a good example: I'm currently visiting a small town an hour north of Toronto, Canada. The footlocker in the mall here, that is one if the smallest, worst Footlockers I've ever been to, that usually receives no significant releases, received both the Toros and the Fire red 3's.

I've spoken to a few managers of different Footlockers and they all said that Nike gave them more pairs of fire red 3's than they usually get for a Jordan retro release.

Yeah, I heard some stores in certain areas still had grapes. It just depends on your area. My area doesn't give a damn about I's(royal or otherwise), but I saw people camping out for these. They're still in stores here, because stores had a ton, but there was still a heavy demand. It was a lot stronger than I thought, maybe from people who missed out on toros [shrug]

you should feel special.  bigj dont give a damn about anything i post

:lol:

Just got mine in from NDC today and these mfs Are well put together. Idk what everyone else complaining bout but mine on point! [emoji]128526[/emoji]

My pair came with a few flaws as well. Also the top of the box has clear tape holding a corner together. Must have been a warehouse worker fooling around, ripped the box, and taped it. SMH

My pair came with a few flaws as well. Also the top of the box has clear tape holding a corner together. Must have been a warehouse worker fooling around, ripped the box, and taped it. SMH

Yeah one corner of my box was ripped...but I wasn't lucky enough to have it taped back together.

Toros sold out on release date depending where you live. I was in Florida for the toro release and every small, nothing Footlocker, Champs, etc., that usually gets nothing, got the Toros and a week or two later, you could still find some sizes around the Tampa area.

You can't state that a shoe "sold out on release day" because your local stores sold out or because the online retailers sold out. You have to look at at how many stores actually got the release. If a retailers in really small markets get them, it's because Nike/Jordan Brand are releasing more pairs.

Here's a good example: I'm currently visiting a small town an hour north of Toronto, Canada. The footlocker in the mall here, that is one if the smallest, worst Footlockers I've ever been to, that usually receives no significant releases, received both the Toros and the Fire red 3's.

I've spoken to a few managers of different Footlockers and they all said that Nike gave them more pairs of fire red 3's than they usually get for a Jordan retro release.

I don't know what part of the Tampa area you where in, but I live here and the toros where toast by Sunday, not all of the FTL etc got the toros either.. If the stores in Lakeland, didn't get them that means not all stores got them... They get nothing at that indoor flea market aka mall.. But they did get the crimson 3s, but errrr body got those

Just got my pairs from Dickssportinggoods and man JB quality is COMICAL!! How these aren't B grades I have no idea. And yes the paint still chips. Out of the box my paint is chipping without them ever touching anything. So here are the pics. Check the perfectly centered jumpman on back
View media item 529422

I don't know what part of the Tampa area you where in, but I live here and the toros where toast by Sunday, not all of the FTL etc got the toros either.. If the stores in Lakeland, didn't get them that means not all stores got them... They get nothing at that indoor flea market aka mall.. But they did get the crimson 3s, but errrr body got those

The Champs in the Lakeland Square Mall got the Toros, as did most of the sneaker stores there, I believe.

I got my pair of Toros at the University Square Mall. I was at the mall in Brandon a week later and they still had pairs there. Even that crap Footlocker at the Brandon mall got the Toros lol

Damn those are ****** up big time
I have never gotten a pair this bad, b grade or otherwise. Crooked stitching and the the heel tab is comically crooked. Even the tag on the tongue is off center and at an angle. Haha!!
The worst part is the paint chipping. These are going to be scrapped in no time.

I have never gotten a pair this bad, b grade or otherwise. Crooked stitching and the the heel tab is comically crooked. Even the tag on the tongue is off center and at an angle. Haha!!
The worst part is the paint chipping. These are going to be scrapped in no time.
I feel the same way with my pair. So many flaws. At the least, don't forget to get your promo code from Nike. 

i got my pair in from NDC that's going to my cousin. quality is pretty shoddy. brush strokes galore, a scuff on white midsole paint, and some missing paint on the upper near the top lacehoop on one of the shoes. its funny how i beasted for these in 2007 and now these dont do anything for me whatsoever :smh:

Cancelled my FTL order because it was on backorder, and picked up a pair from DSG, thanks for the link bigj505.

Nice pics

Yeah, I have to agree with what some others are saying. When I was going through pairs to exchange my pair, I realized the quality control sucks. A lot of them should have been in outlets. They had bad paint jobs, chunks of elephant print missing and scuffs.

The pair I was returning was actually better than any I looked at, but I'd rather be able to wear mine without my toes hurting :lol:

These are going to be a resell nightmare, not only are they in abundance, but a lot are flawed.

We'll get a lot of complaints in this thread when the NDC, DSG and Eastbay orders starting coming in. It's really luck of the draw these days when it comes to quality control, because the quality actually isn't that bad.

Agreed. JB Quality control continues to be suspect. The right shoe on my first pair was slightly pre creased, the heel of the elephant print was caved in, and the print was also off. It was definitely B grade like so I returned my pair to FTL and got a flawless pair. I'm pretty satisfied with the quality on the pair I have now.

Last edited:
Just received my pair and I'm loving them. The leather is a lot nice than the 2011 pairs I have BC3 and True Blue. The only thing I'm worried about is the paint chipping. But I still have some Angelus paint just in case.

Just received my pair and I'm loving them. The leather is a lot nice than the 2011 pairs I have BC3 and True Blue. The only thing I'm worried about is the paint chipping. But I still have some Angelus paint just in case.

These appear stronger, but only wear time will tell.

I compared my 09 tb's my 2011 wc's and these 2013 fire reds and the leathers gone from awesome to plastic! The paint yeh we all agree is shocking especially on this release, i wont be suprised if it cracks as soon as i unds em like my true blues did after 4 years in the box tho. shocking, JB dosent have quality control from the looks! i mean like AT ALL!

Back
Top Bottom