Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I see these as a easy cop. If niketown does a rsvp you can send a dm a minute after they tweet and still get a reply. IDK for me. The dark elephant print deters me from making a purchase. Might change when the date approaches. I'm a sucker for 3s. Just cleaned my BC3 not to long ago.

I have one foot on the fence now but still haven't made the jump to the side of picking these up

I'm really feeling the black on these personally thought I was done for a while after the toro 4s but looks like I'll be picking these up

finishline says 1 per cust so probably. on larger quantitys its 2 or no limit ( i think the black toes were no limit though?)
They do 1 per customer no matter the quantity, unless there is like no one in line.

finishline says 1 per cust so probably. on larger quantitys its 2 or no limit ( i think the black toes were no limit though?)
They do 1 per customer no matter the quantity, unless there is like no one in line.

Lol, you can make your own Katrinas at home. Just get a pair of White Cement IIIs and paint the midsole.

should i get these or wait on a come up for the Bred 4's. Young buck here (no job) so i gotta hustle my way for kicks. its one or the other so which one should i cop (or wait for a deal on the 4's)?
If it's one or the other, get the pair that is going to hold up better (I assume you plan to wear them). In this case it may be the IIIs. Can't honestly say, being as I haven't held the upcoming IIIs yet. That's the smart way to go about it. The best way to go, is to get the ones that you like the most.

So can somebody tell me whats so damn special about the "katrinas" or is it the fact that they were auctioned off back then and everyone wanted something of limited quantities and the thirst has just carried over.

IMO i see nothing exciting that makes me wanna beg and talk about it non-stop like some of you have in this thread. Looks like fire red 3s with out the red liner around the ankle a black jumpman lighter EP and darker red midsole area.

im sure someone will chime in with a flame of some sort

Last edited:
So can somebody tell me whats so damn special about the "katrinas" or is it the fact that they were auctioned off back then and everyone wanted something of limited quantities and the thirst has just carried over.

IMO i see nothing exciting that makes me wanna beg and talk about it non-stop like some of you have in this thread. Looks like fire red 3s with out the red liner around the ankle a black jumpman lighter EP and darker red midsole area.

Katrina's are nothing special to me either. I thinks it's just the limited tag to be honest.

so i'll continue with the info i already gave you...

the fired red aj3 was the last of the original colorways to retro, people had been waiting a long time...

i believe the 'katrina' pair(s) you are now familiar with were auctioned off (sometime in 06) & pics hit the net all before the true og colorway fire red 3 had even been retro'd (spring 2007)
so you have to understand that the 'katrina's' were the closest thing to a 'fire red' retro people had been waiting for therefore 'the thirst' for them was born
(and being a unique colorway albeit a custom wht-cement) never completely went away obviously

plus - the katrinas (03 wht-cement materials) were made of better materials than the 07 fire reds, so they look very nice comparably
those are some details off the top of my head

nothing that special imo

Last edited:
Anyone ever used sneakerrsvp.com. Someone told me about and said it words pretty good. Anyone know anything about it?

Can't decide... So many releases lately. My wallet hurting. I definitely get the 5s tho but can't decide on these.

so i'll continue with the info i already gave you...

the fired red aj3 was the last of the original colorways to retro, people had been waiting a long time...

i believe the 'katrina' pair(s) you are now familiar with were auctioned off (sometime in 06) & pics hit the net all before the true og colorway fire red 3 had even been retro'd (spring 2007)
so you have to understand that the 'katrina's' were the closest thing to a 'fire red' retro people had been waiting for therefore 'the thirst' for them was born
(and being a unique colorway albeit a custom wht-cement) never completely went away obviously

plus - the katrinas (03 wht-cement materials) were made of better materials than the 07 fire reds, so they look very nice comparably
those are some details off the top of my head

nothing that special imo
Thank you

but in a nut shell ... the thirst is only because they were limited to auctions. but whats gonna happen "IF" JB makes them a full blown toro 4-like GR? and made with the same "crap" materials used on other retros of late

Last edited:
Gotta get these. But pockets are def lighter. I try and get at least a second pair so it doesn't kill my pockets.

Back
Top Bottom