Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
it was easy guys. got my email in minutes 
I'm finna cancel your order.
tumblr_mn0ypbqjLL1rbw8xwo1_500.gif

I don't think it's because a bunch were made. I really do think people have come down to priorities. The first of the month was two days ago so people just got done paying bills and the other half already copped Grape 5s, restock from a couple months ago, Shadows, Black Toes, Black Grapes, Playoff or True Red 8s. People know they ain't rich so these high schoolers/College kids ain't got no time overspending haha.

Some stores received 300 pairs... they made more.

Three hundred!? Really!?

Can't speak for every where, but I drove by two spots and they had people waiting. I was actually shocked, because I expected this to be easy. It was because Finishline and Footlocker just had a ton. That's why it's good to pay attention to the boards when people start reporting their store allocation. I got there right when they opened, where as other people actually camped out for hours. :smh:

I hope it's the same way for the V's, because that's the last JB release I really want for the rest of the year, and even with those I have the 06's. Everything else, Steels, Laneys, I's, XI's...it's whatever.

I'm thinking the V release will be just like this because JB is going to want that back to school money....and they had a ton of charcoals last year. They restocked so many times I gave in and got a pair. :lol:

So true

They didn't make more. The hype just wasn't there on these. People need to stop pontificating.

But if they're selling a gr at 200 what are they going to sell a hyped release for. If its 200 then it's great, but what if they're 250-300.
Great question. This is the X factor for me. If they are consistent, which I am assuming they will be (Shadow's went for like $160 pretax a week before release). So, it seems like the $20-$25 mark up is consistent. 
yea, you def lost

if he rang up 200 you should have just turned around and walked right out the door.
LOL: Part of me wanted to, but I am looking at this transaction as a long term investment if you will. 
agree

$50 well spent IMO

might not seem worth it now but you planted the seed

game is changing so more connects the better

well worth it
That's the only way to really look at it. It's very easy for me to say, I could have gotten them from FTL, EB, NDC, FNL, Richards, etc. with ease. We all know that.

Thing is, it's not as easy to establish connects at mom and pop shops. Now that I have established a connect, I can let him know my plans on future releases. For example, those Black Red 1s will probably be had for $185 -$200... Those Infrareds dropping in February with the NA treatment, 
smokin.gif

I may have gotten beat today, but I trust this will pay off BIG TIME in the future.  Delayed gratification is all it's about. 
yea this would piss me off, ...I didnt realize that UNDFTD SF does this on some releases, got charged $150.00 for shadows (10 over retail) but the toro 4s released same day and those were reg. price at 160...
The principle of it al really sucks, but paying $10 over retail is MUCH better than going the pre-order route, or even rolling the dice online. ****, I'm content dropping $20 above retail, regardless of release, simply for the convenience of knowing I'll get what I want. 
Yeah UNDFTD is annoying like that. They are selective on their pricing and like to add that $10 premium to their kicks
mean.gif
**** is lame, but then again, this spot did not even advertise that they had the Fire Red IIIs or the Shadows. In fact, they let the shipment they received go early. 
You guys crying about paying $10.00 or $20.00 over box are lucky.

Wish I still had it like that
Fortunately, I have a career that enables me to pay over retail and not stress over it. With that said, I am confident the #team retail mentality is mainly about the principle of the matter. Stores shouldn't be doing that ****, especially if it's a GR. 

Last edited:
I gotta question. Y'all think its safe to spray blk grapes with that water proof stuff from finish line? What kinda stuff can u put on them to keep em lookin new

Lol I know this is fire red 3 thread. I already hit them up with the water proof stuff and boxed em back up. Will unDS them in a few months

The quality on these is tremendously... tremendous. 
I don't own the 88's from earlier this year, but the fit and build exceeds the
releases from 2011 (even the bc3's).
The white cements from that year, i swam in those...
Whereas, the girthy ankle sockliner made these a perfect fit. 
You know its something good when you slip it in and the fit is sooo good it makes you bite your lip...
... and eyes rolled back.

Umph.

Always nice to start the day with a BinYe post... :nerd:

After getting these shoes in my hand I'm thinking about changing the laces to red. Anyone else do this and know where to get a matching pair of red laces from? Thanks

Waited 3 and a half hours for my pair, they had three size 11s so after checking the first pair I noticed the right shoes tongue was messed up (slanted and crooked instead of round) I asked for another pair and walked out happy :smile: The finish line employee and a few other customers acted like the first pair was fine but if im paying $160 and waiting for hours im getting a perfect pair! :smokin

Last edited:
WAS SMALL TALKING A COUPLE SHOP EMPLOYEE TODAYS IN MY AREA AND MOST WERE SAYING THEY DONT LIKE THE 3s PERSONALLY.....THATS WIERD TO ME...FUNNY A LOT OF PEOPLE SKIP OUT ON THE CLASSIC COLOR WAYS IN MY AREA

I haven't tried mine on yet, but based on the feel of the shoe, I'm not complaining. I've seen much worse from JB. 

Back
Top Bottom