Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

Why would anyone turn these beautiful shoes into White Cements? Just wait until the eventual Nike Air retro. :rolleyes

Think I've got a good shot at Tinkers on Monday for retail. Don't know if I'm going with those or these. Probably not gonna buy both.

The Tinkers are dope but I prefer the Katrina as they're more casual. The Tinkers really make a loud statement when you wear them. They're certainly more rare.

I keep going back and forth on these

I've never understood this thought process. Either you like them or you don't. Either you can afford them or you can't. Resell is dead so if that's the reason then stop thinking about it. It's pretty simple. Dope shoe

The guy from the vid must’ve had some bad Black Cements, because there’s really no difference between the two quality wise. If anything the Katrina’s feel a notch below the Blk Cements.

I've never understood this thought process. Either you like them or you don't. Either you can afford them or you can't. Resell is dead so if that's the reason then stop thinking about it. It's pretty simple. Dope shoe

Maybe because some of us have hundreds of kicks

Maybe some of us have fire reds and white cement and might not find the need to get a pair so similar.

Maybe because our mind isn't made up about how they look

Is that ok with you?

It has NOTHING to do with resell for me. I like the shoe. Other things factor in.

Same with me. :lol:

After nightwing's review, I'm thinking yes.

these are fire man, I think down the line most dudes gonna regret it. jump man or not these are sick.

its nostalgia, if they were NA I wouldn't say id be mad but it wouldn't be the same

If the prices on StockX and goat go down to 250 i might just pull the trigger and rest easy on the 12th

Why would anyone turn these beautiful shoes into White Cements? Just wait until the eventual Nike Air retro. :rolleyes

The Tinkers are dope but I prefer the Katrina as they're more casual. The Tinkers really make a loud statement when you wear them. They're certainly more rare.
I wore my Tinker 3s and no one really noticed, the average person only see a another nike shoe....

Been waiting for these since 2006, all the way in

Though I will say the luster of copping J’s went away a little bit for me :lol:

It isn’t that “Saturday morning” feeling anymore

Been waiting for these since 2006, all the way in

Though I will say the luster of copping J’s went away a little bit for me :lol:

It isn’t that “Saturday morning” feeling anymore
I'm witcha on that dont know if I'm getting old or nike over doing it but it ain't the same either way these were on my radar for 2018 along with concords so it's a must cop at this point especially with official pictures

Didn't realize Nightwing's channel was now WearTesters. I was wondering who that was under my Youtube subs.

I think I'm just gonna say F it and buy both the Tinkers and these. Definitely gonna chill for a while after that though.

Jb putting out so many shoes, ppl probably weighing these against other future drops. If these were the only jordans dropping for the month it'd be a no brainer for everyone. Too many to choose from. I'm in for these tho.

Went ahead and bought the SP release. I wish they had put the green X on the actual shoe but still the laces and hangtag made me want them. I grew up 100 miles from NOLA. I lived in NOLA for 3 years but moved away about 6 months before the storm. About a week after the storm, I drove back and met up with a girl I'd dated. We met up outside the city bc she hadn't been back yet. She hadn't been able to contact her grandmother since the storm so she wanted to go to her grandmother's house in Lakeview before she even went to her house Uptown. The area was blocked off to cars so we parked and walked probably 2 miles. I'll never forget getting to her grandmother's house and seeing the X on her house. There was a date on the top, some letters on the left, and some symbols on the right. The bottom was blank. The bottom being blank meant no dead bodies had been found. The girl I was with broke down. She didnt know where her grandmother was, but she knew she wasn't dead in the house. It took 2 more days but she eventually found her at a shelter. She'd been evacuated after the levees broke. She was one of the lucky ones. I'll never forget that X.

I know for most this is just a dope shoe and I completely get that. Just know it brings up a lot of memories, some good and some bad, for a lot of folks. This was a must have for the collection and I don't even wear J's now.

Last edited:
Went ahead and bought the SP release. I wish they had put the green X on the actual shoe but still the laces and hangtag made me want them. I grew up 100 miles from NOLA. I lived in NOLA for 3 years but moved away about 6 months before the storm. About a week after the storm, I drove back and met up with a girl I'd dated. We met up outside the city bc she hadn't been back yet. She hadn't been able to contact her grandmother since the storm so she wanted to go to her grandmother's house in Lakeview before she even went to her house Uptown. The area was blocked off to cars so we parked and walked probably 2 miles. I'll never forget getting to her grandmother's house and seeing the X on her house. There was a date on the top, some letters on the left, and some symbols on the right. The bottom was blank. The bottom being blank meant no dead bodies had been found. The girl I was with broke down. She didnt know where her grandmother was, but she knew she wasn't dead in the house. It took 2 more days but she eventually found her at a shelter. She'd been evacuated after the levees broke. She was one of the lucky ones. I'll never forget that X.

I know for most this is just a dope shoe and I completely get that. Just know it brings up a lot of memories, some good and some bad, for a lot of folks. This was a must have for the collection and I don't even wear J's now.

Cool story man. I'm from NC, currently living in GA. I didn't know the whole "X" thing had a meaning behind it. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom