Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

Somebody wake this dudes up from partying last night and tell them to load the product online. They 27 minutes late. Some of us got people from NO that they trying to cop for.

19EB46D0-F74E-428C-9F96-0C0EB4267395.png
Wow.. nothing to sold out.

Bots probably ate em before the page even went live. :smh:

Went ahead and bought the SP release. I wish they had put the green X on the actual shoe but still the laces and hangtag made me want them. I grew up 100 miles from NOLA. I lived in NOLA for 3 years but moved away about 6 months before the storm. About a week after the storm, I drove back and met up with a girl I'd dated. We met up outside the city bc she hadn't been back yet. She hadn't been able to contact her grandmother since the storm so she wanted to go to her grandmother's house in Lakeview before she even went to her house Uptown. The area was blocked off to cars so we parked and walked probably 2 miles. I'll never forget getting to her grandmother's house and seeing the X on her house. There was a date on the top, some letters on the left, and some symbols on the right. The bottom was blank. The bottom being blank meant no dead bodies had been found. The girl I was with broke down. She didnt know where her grandmother was, but she knew she wasn't dead in the house. It took 2 more days but she eventually found her at a shelter. She'd been evacuated after the levees broke. She was one of the lucky ones. I'll never forget that X.

I know for most this is just a dope shoe and I completely get that. Just know it brings up a lot of memories, some good and some bad, for a lot of folks. This was a must have for the collection and I don't even wear J's now.

That story would make sense if you wore these during that time and now they're being retroed. Jordan Brand named these "Katrinas" and all of a sudden they have some nostalgic value? smh I'm from New Orleans, born and raised and this shoe don't mean anything other than I'll be spending 190 on the 12th.

Cool story man. I'm from NC, currently living in GA. I didn't know the whole "X" thing had a meaning behind it. Good to know.
If you go to NOLA today, you'll still see them on some houses. Some are still up bc the house has been dilapidated since the storm. Some have left it up as a reminder. Some have left it up bc they can't afford to cover it. Some have even repainted the house and had it re-drawn on the house. Some say it's to remember, some say it's to show nobody died in the house bc a lot of people get the creeps about buying a house where someone died. But yea, if you are from the area, you know exactly what the X is. And SP/JB nailed it. Date on the top, logos on each side, and blank on the bottom. Just like the girl I was with saw in her grandmother's house.

That story would make sense if you wore these during that time and now they're being retroed. Jordan Brand named these "Katrinas" and all of a sudden they have some nostalgic value? smh I'm from New Orleans, born and raised and this shoe don't mean anything other than I'll be spending 190 on the 12th.
Its called Katrina bc it was originally a 1 of 1 made for an auction for hurricane relief iirc. And the shoe doesn't make me nostalgia, the X does though.

Nah this sounds like you're from Kenner

Official release date is still the 12th right? Seeing a few places like mr.alans say they’re releasing the 5th

Shoe Palace is saying this Saturday, maybe Nike gave the okay to release them early because of that early release in N.O?
D18742CF-620E-4F4F-AAE8-F769FA7DA8EF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom