Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

had to pass on these which was tough to do... really clean shoe and would make sense to cop since my 06 fire red are cracking on the midsole... but im trying to save to pay off my card then cop a condo... these are nice and clean but kind of a gimmick based off the katrina release... the original release had a good cause but the rerelease is just the white cement with red and the katrina name behind it.... just my opinion but if yall copped then thats cool.. these did sell out everywhere by me

had to pass on these which was tough to do... really clean shoe and would make sense to cop since my 06 fire red are cracking on the midsole... but im trying to save to pay off my card then cop a condo... these are nice and clean but kind of a gimmick based off the katrina release... the original release had a good cause but the rerelease is just the white cement with red and the katrina name behind it.... just my opinion but if yall copped then thats cool.. these did sell out everywhere by me

Good for you, there’s more important things in life other than shoes. I had to buy, gimmick or not, I’m a sucker for white 3’s

3s are my favorite shoes... i definitely would of copped... but it just wasnt a must have for me.... still a clean shoe though... im not surprised these sold out since 3s prally the best jays ever

Does anyone else find the logic of I just can't spend $190 on these, but man if they were $160 I would cop just stupid? Not just on these, like overall those posts just make me dumbfounded. $30 bucks really that big of a deal to some people? Yes I know some people just don't have a lot, but they also shouldn't be buying Js then either way. End rant.

The green laces represented the green X painted on doors after hurricane Katrina. If there was a green X it meant people were alive in the house.If there was a red X painted on the door it meant there were dead bodies in the house.

This means nothing in 2018 tbh. Graves are already set.

"Condo paid for, no car payment." -Christopher Wallace-

The green laces represented the green X painted on doors after hurricane Katrina. If there was a green X it meant people were alive in the house.If there was a red X painted on the door it meant there were dead bodies in the house.
Not true. They painted an X on the house after it was searched. On top of the X was the date it was searched, left was the crew that searched it, right was any issues with the house like gas leaks, and bottom was the count of dead bodies inside. Every house got an X and they were done in many different colors. Just whatever color paint the crew had. The bottom of the X signified dead bodies, not the color of the X. That's why the bottom of the SP X is left blank.

Here's an article about the Katrina Crosses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-reform/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e987a40e7bad

The shorthand painted to the left identified the rescue squad. That at the top of the X delineated the time and date the team arrived. Moving clockwise, the next summarized the hazards and horrors found within. Then, in that last quadrant, at the bottom of the X, rescue workers listed the number of people found inside. Some were alive, and some were dead.

Are you sure you won? Sometimes I get an L, then saturday morning that shows up even though I don't have a reservation.

I'm positive I won tho, I had a big debate about where I was going to go Saturday so I could get multiple pairs. Next time if it says I won I guess a best (paranoid) practice would be call store & make sure my name is on the list?

if i can get a dub on those 11 lows i am returning these to champs... :smh:

or am i just making a big deal about it? cus i really dig this cw...
013CD502-3E6F-42A8-B088-77D621A4E7B6.jpeg

if i can get a dub on those 11 lows i am returning these to champs... :smh:

or am i just making a big deal about it? cus i really dig this cw...
013CD502-3E6F-42A8-B088-77D621A4E7B6.jpeg
I feel u. Flaws like that bug me. I usually see if I could cop another pair via restock or something like that before I return them. Most places give u atleast a month to retrun. If I don't I end up finding another pair & its my only one I end up just keepin em & rockin em.

I’m really glad I bought these. In my opinion, this is probably the best AJ3 release this year other than the black cement 3’s of course.

Will have to double up on disco if I can.
Agreed but that's not saying much about being better than the other 3s this year! The rest are trash! In one way that makes me mad as between these and the black cements that is a great start that should have been continued. Instead we get trash pure moneys and that awful sail based colorway. That being said, that is less for me to spend so I guess I can't complain.

Exactly. It was just a jacked up release for them overall. I hope everyone that wanted them got their pairs though. This was so crazy.
I also got the pop up around 3:00 saying I had won the raffle at Shiekh Glendale . I had already ran around for my pairs so it wasn’t a big lose but there system needs an over haul for sure .

I thought i wanted these but ive been copping so many shoes lately i had to resist. My cousin wanted em though and i won at FTL through the app. Theyre pretty nice in hand and from on feet pics ive seen they look even better

I thought i wanted these but ive been copping so many shoes lately i had to resist. My cousin wanted em though and i won at FTL through the app. Theyre pretty nice in hand and from on feet pics ive seen they look even better

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the shoes you picked over these?

Back
Top Bottom