Air Jordan 3 Katrina May 12th

Bruh... I See You Trying To Give This Man A Leg To Stand On But Let Me Remind You Of A Few Things....

*The Leather On These In MOST Cases WAS Subpar And Left Much To Be Desired From The TRUE Collector
*These Were FAR From "True Blue" In Color ...... This Alone Was Enough To Turn Me Away

These Are Solely The Reasons My Pairs Were Returned..... I Could Care Less How Many Were Produced Or Sold

Dismissing Any Of These FACTS As Me Somehow Being Overly Picky Or Not Happy With This Particular Shoes Availability Is Just Pure Ignorance! :lol:

I Own A LOT Of Subpar Jordan Brand Releases..... These Weren't About To Be An Addition To That Pile :rolleyes

If Yall Were Happy With Them, Then By All Means Stay Happy With How You Spent Your Money. But Don't Sit There And Try To Convince Me On Why I Somehow Am Trying To Justify Returning This Poor Attempt At A Retro

Ya'll Sound Silly AF :lol:

i mean to be fair, he wasn't exactly calling you out...he was just saying that its generally the case when it comes to releases..
not sure why you're taking it to the heart? i mean if the shoe fits...

No I CLEARLY don’t agree with y’all so I’m caping. So you are obviously reaching for something that isn’t there.
What we got was on par with what had been dropping. The shade of of any Jordan retro has always been something different than what we got in the past so I’m clueless on why you suddenly feel some kind of way about the true blue 3 but not about any other retro that drops.

So no, I’m not all bent out of shape over the true blue 3 because it was expected. Whenever Jordan does better then I’m actually surprised. Otherwise it’s what it is.

From what I remember from the TB3 release, the only complaint that was warranted was that we got typical $190 quality at a $220 price point (if you bought on the release day). Now, people just ***** about TB3 quality as a general matter, even the people who just recently bought the shoe for resale (which is going for an extremely reasonable price for a 1.5 year old OG release). The quality is/was perfectly in-line with what anyone should expect for a general release, the only valid complaint back then was that they were $220 instead of $190 and for no apparent reason.

i mean to be fair, he wasn't exactly calling you out...he was just saying that its generally the case when it comes to releases..
not sure why you're taking it to the heart? i mean if the shoe fits...

I Suggest You Do A Better Job Of Reading Comprehension Before Commenting Next Time :rolleyes

From what I remember from the TB3 release, the only complaint that was warranted was that we got typical $190 quality at a $220 price point (if you bought on the release day). Now, people just ***** about TB3 quality as a general matter, even the people who just recently bought the shoe for resale (which is going for an extremely reasonable price for a 1.5 year old OG release). The quality is/was perfectly in-line with what anyone should expect for a general release, the only valid complaint back then was that they were $220 instead of $190 and for no apparent reason.
Agreed.

I Suggest You Do A Better Job Of Reading Comprehension Before Commenting Next Time :rolleyes

my reading comprehension is perfectly fine. you're getting all butthurt and defensive over a general statement, which means you're lying to yourself about why you returned the shoes.

Other valid complaint is they were trash in totality.
How u got the nerve to call the ppl who see it for what it truly is sheep!? , when u fell for the gimmick like the masses on sale or other wise .
'16 tb3s = L ..

Other valid complaint is they were trash in totality.
How u got the nerve to call the ppl who see it for what it truly is sheep!? , when u fell for the gimmick like the masses on sale or other wise .
'16 tb3s = L ..
I see you are speaking directly about me.
All you have to do is think before typing.

That pair in particular was exceptionally bad in terms of quality in my experience, add to that the 20 -30 hike .

I wanted the 16 tb3s as bad as any collector , but couldnt except getting duped.
Ive disliked em since the drop , im sure the thread for em will show how felt about em somewhere.

Wasnt intended to be no blanket statement . I know you patrol the board, so I knew u was seeing the post. I replied because the sheep statement seemed direct , Being him and I share similar views on that release.

Wasnt intended to be no blanket statement . I know you patrol the board, so I knew u was seeing the post. I replied because the sheep statement seemed direct , Being him and I share similar views on that release.
And if you read then you saw me say I threw something out there to HIM because he was saying silliness that I was caping because I said the shoes were par for the course.
My comment was far from caping

I see your aim now.
Although I gotta say
they were worse than what we were getting at the time, so to me they was a bogey.

I see these went over real well :rofl:
I haven't seen the Katrinas in person, and I don't need to. TB3s may have been the worst of all to many people, but that's not saying much in my opinion. Nike/Jordan destroyed the III years and years ago and has done nothing to rectify the situation even a little bit. Like I said in the BC III thread, until the III is finally done correctly again, the model as a whole is off my list regardless of colorway, leather, whatever. The III has been dead to me and others for a long, long time. It's a damn shame.

Tried on an 11.5 and 12. This pair definitely fits bigger than the recent Nike Air pairs. I feel like the NA pairs have more padding inside and these Katrinas fit similar to the 2011 white cement I have. So I probably should have got an 11.5 but its too late now.

They fit that much bigger?? I went TTS like I went on the BC3s. Should I have gone half size down???

Overall this was pretty accurate. I will say that there were a fair amount of people that were upset about the shade of blue. I never really cared about that.. like bigj505 bigj505 said ( I think.. too many circles around this topic lol) that was typical with JB. Now the real kicker that I remember was the cement color which looked (and still does) tanish AND when people got them in hand, that leather was an awful joke and folks were NOT happy.

Anything else pertaining to quality.. comfort, glue marks, etc.. I honestly don't care. I never look that deep into things like that. But what we got wasn't on par with what we'd been getting lol. NONE of the TB III's that came before had leather that bad IMO. Now, in my specific opinion and experience, all the III's that matter and have dropped since them (BC III, FTL, Katrinas, Tinkers etc.) are all kinds of versions better in the leather department.

Generally speaking, for most, it wasn't a good release but the WHY will differ from person to person. Got my pair for the low and though they weren't that great, I don't think they are garbage lol and its the only version with NA which satisfied me. But I have to admit, they are the bastard child sitting next to all my other pairs which leaves me wanting another retro and the point of the 2016s for me was to never have that issue.

Sorry for the long post.. this really got a lot of people stirred up :lol:

Back
Top Bottom