Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

At the end of this video, Sneakerfiiles mentions some info he heard about the 39s

-No highs or mid, just a low
-Full-length zoom air and uses Zoom X
-They want to have more casual appeal/used off court

I am skeptical, my expectations are low, but all this sounds great.

Last edited:
Remember they’re making 1 billion dollars in cuts for the second straight year and probably still recovering from the XXXVIIs. So this is what we get, assuming we get the same box as the 38s.

I believe they are going to be like most of the Air Jordan Brand shoes out right now that are as I'd call them a undercut 3)4, which is more like the Aire Jordan 3 and 4! Because I know they will be focused on making sure the shoe is comfortable! A full length Zoom and Zoom X will definitely make the show comfortable on and off the court ! And if they are planning more casual in styling this shoe will definitely get me to buy a couple of pairs from the start

There is 2 pairs of 39's showing on J23 app:

23/07/2024
Jordan XXXIX
"White/Red/Black"
FQ0213-106

27/07/2024
Jordan XXXIX
"Black/Sail"
FQ0213-001
This means they have a on sale date, but we will likely be seeing them on foot on the court in March or April to give the company time to build up to the on sale dates! Traditional colorways to start.... I like I like

I'd be shocked they didn't't make at least a few pairs in high cut. Having only lows does push away some people who just won't play in low cut shoes. Call it a mental thing or what have you, I for one, if I was still playing, would NEVER play in low cut shoes.

That said, with the All-Star game coming up, does anyone think that someone who's signed to JB may wear a pair of prototypes, not in the game, but to shoot around in, during pre game warm ups? Just a thought.

It's all personal preference ultimately, because the science says you don't sprain your ankles in lows any more than in highs. I prefer lows because I'm a guard and I love having the freedom to make moves. If I was a center or power forward type player I probably would lean toward highs.

Even as a guard sometimes I like heavier shoes (typically highs or mids) if the surface is cement or outdoors where you want some more cushion, or if it's a situation where I don't expect to be running much full.

But the trends have definitely been toward lows, with a lot of big men wearing lows, which is super weird for me to see.

One of the best shoes I played in years ago (I stopped playing years ago, as I just don't want to get injured and not be able to work and like, pay my bills and such). But when I did, I absolutely loved playing in my Adidas D Rose 7! One of the best shoes. Amazing support, fantastic cushioning with the Boost setup, and the traction was insane! And yeah, they were higher cut (more than a mid) but I NEVER felt hindered by wearing them b

At the end of this video, Sneakerfiiles mentions some info he heard about the 39s

-No highs or mid, just a low
-Full-length zoom air and uses Zoom X
-They want to have more casual appeal/used off court

I am skeptical, my expectations are low, but all this sounds great.

So Zoom GT Cut 3 with casual styling? I can dig it. Just in time for my B Day!😎

So Zoom GT Cut 3 with casual styling? I can dig it. Just in time for my B Day!😎
“Casual styling” should be taken with a grain of salt. ”Casual styling” according to who and based on what? Lead designer? Last I heard is they had multiple leads for the 38 since Kuerbis left. High fashion? Is this where Maden comes in?

It’s interesting that the 39 goes low right before the 40. I mean, is there budgeting with materials being transferred from 39 to focus on the 40?

“Casual styling” should be taken with a grain of salt. ”Casual styling” according to who and based on what? Lead designer? Last I heard is they had multiple leads for the 38 since Kuerbis left. High fashion? Is this where Maden comes in?

It’s interesting that the 39 goes low right before the 40. I mean, is there budgeting with materials being transferred from 39 to focus on the 40?
I feel you. I just figured that the design looks pretty good to me in the GT 3’s and figured JB would/could do a nice job going from that. Being optimistic I guess. But yeah I’d assume there is a lot more effort going into the 40…

I’ve said it before but I don’t understand the recent fascination with low top performance sneakers. All these new generation “hoopers” swear by them yet wear ankle braces and are heavily taped. So really what was the point of hyping up lows? Cause Kobe wore them? And my issue with the new Jordan sigs the past few years is like they put out 3 mid/hightop colorways but umpteen low top colorways. Like why? It’s really annoying actually. Mids/Highs have always looked better to me and performed better for me

Back
Top Bottom