Air Jordan 3Lab5 "Metallic" - Releasing Fall 2014?

Yeah but for every one person that says pass there's two hundred that are going for them.

True, but I have yet to strike out for anything I went for. I'm all for the negative perception. Just hope people don't throw out the they grew on me line.

Nobody cares what you think or else Nike would ask your opinion. Dismissed.

the whole purpose of a forum is to post your opinion. You care because you responded. Nike holds focus groups all the time because they care about the consumer feedback. Just because you nor I personally have been in one doesn't mean they don't care about our feedback. They implemented that picture captcha because of complaints. Therefore, somebody Is listening. Are they paying attention to this thread? Probably not. But who cares. It's a forum for us to post our opinion. And I gave mines.

Was a fan of the other 2 lab5s but haven't copped any....

These right here are a must tho! I'll have to get my hands on a pair. Need a new Raider Sunday shoe.

Was a fan of the other 2 lab5s but haven't copped any....

These right here are a must tho! I'll have to get my hands on a pair. Need a new Raider Sunday shoe.

I wasn't a fan of the first 3LAB5's, I got the second pair (Infrared 3LAB5) which I love but I agree these are a must cop and since I'm more of simple kind of guy these would be the best out of the three so far. Hopefully they aren't too hard to get though. I ended up deciding to pass on the upcoming 5LAB3's because of the delicacy of the shoe which bummed me out, after seeing these that very same day totally made it an immediate consolation prize target.

View media item 874344
I hate Jordan Brand, seriously. The Lab series is supposed to be exclusive. They should've just kept it at the first colorway. I was pissed they released the Infrareds too. As nice as these are, it's killing the whole rarity of the series. I wanted to collect the whole series but now I see that they'll be regular releases with a $225 price tag, I'll be dumping my 3Lab5's soon...

I'll be back for ???Lab4...

View media item 874344
I hate Jordan Brand, seriously. The Lab series is supposed to be exclusive. They should've just kept it at the first colorway. I was pissed they released the Infrareds too. As nice as these are, it's killing the whole rarity of the series. I wanted to collect the whole series but now I see that they'll be regular releases with a $225 price tag, I'll be dumping my 3Lab5's soon...

This! I thought I was the only one who felt like this. I figured it would be 1 color per series making it rare, exclusive and unique. Even with two different colors in a series it is acceptable...more like a lite/white version then a black version. But, now 3 colorways in the same series is too much. You don't see 3 different colorways of the same shoe in the db collection, pantone collection, anniversary collection, etc

View media item 874344

This! I thought I was the only one who felt like this. I figured it would be 1 color per series making it rare, exclusive and unique. Even with two different colors in a series it is acceptable...more like a lite/white version then a black version. But, now 3 colorways in the same series is too much. You don't see 3 different colorways of the same shoe in the db collection, pantone collection, anniversary collection, etc

Some true clown **** right here.

Some true clown **** right here.
Based on what? Wanting to collect an entire series of shoes? I really wanna hear what makes you feel this way...

Last edited:
Anyone who has the 3lab5 infrared knows to stay away from these. Crease City. Mine started to crease just from trying them on. This pics not my pair but mine are starting to do the same thing just from trying on.

Last edited:
They are rare. Its not a shoe you see everyday. They where QS and they weren't a easy cop. At least Infrared's weren't a easy cop. I know they have been restocked twice on NDC but probably with limited pairs. I've only seen them in public maybe once!

They are rare. Its not a shoe you see everyday. They where QS and they weren't a easy cop. At least Infrared's weren't a easy cop. I know they have been restocked twice on NDC but probably with limited pairs. I've only seen them in public maybe once!
The problem is for someone like me who wants to collect the ENTIRE series which I feel would be a pretty cool and impressive feat. The exclusiveness of the "Lab" series becomes less and less impressive when they're pumping out multiple colorways of the same shoe. In all my many years of collecting, I've become pretty aware of Jordan Brand's tactics. If they start releasing mad colorways of each model, the goal isn't to provide a pretty cool and collectible idea/design to the consumers. The new goal is keep coming up with random crap, mark it as limited, then throw a $225 price tag on it. The bigger picture of this would be they have found a justified reason to release Jordan III's and V's for $225.

Like I originally said, 1 colorway of each was pretty sweet. Regardless if I liked the shoe, I wanted the entire set (for the record, I do not like Jordan V's). Heck, 2 was pushing it but doable. 3+ colorways and these are no longer a "collector's" shoe so to speak, just another way to get $225 from us for shoes with technology from 20+ years ago. The cool, new, innovative idea of merging Jordan's now comes off as nothing more than a gimmick and an excuse on a ridiculous price increase.

The problem is for someone like me who wants to collect the ENTIRE series which I feel would be a pretty cool and impressive feat. The exclusiveness of the "Lab" series becomes less and less impressive when they're pumping out multiple colorways of the same shoe. In all my many years of collecting, I've become pretty aware of Jordan Brand's tactics. If they start releasing mad colorways of each model, the goal isn't to provide a pretty cool and collectible idea/design to the consumers. The new goal is keep coming up with random crap, mark it as limited, then throw a $225 price tag on it. The bigger picture of this would be they have found a justified reason to release Jordan III's and V's for $225.

Like I originally said, 1 colorway of each was pretty sweet. Regardless if I liked the shoe, I wanted the entire set (for the record, I do not like Jordan V's). Heck, 2 was pushing it but doable. 3+ colorways and these are no longer a "collector's" shoe so to speak, just another way to get $225 from us for shoes with technology from 20+ years ago. The cool, new, innovative idea of merging Jordan's now comes off as nothing more than a gimmick and an excuse on a ridiculous price increase.
Since you have the first 2 3lab5's, Im sure you can understand the 225 price tag. I only have the infrared ones and the quality on those are insane with the leather on the inside and hardly any stiching on the outside of shoe. But these 5lab3's, I don't see anything premium about it other than the price.

Back
Top Bottom