Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

wow $200 really? And everybody on this board was backing nike's price hike as a result of inflation. Inflation, i think not.

on that note, i think i might be retiring from the game sooner than expected. $200 just doesn't really fit in well with the budget cuts i'm trying to make. Besides i have a pair of ds og's and a vnds pair of 2001's to fall back on. 

kind curious what the ceiling is for sneaker prices. Is nike just gonna keep goin up? its gotta stop somewhere

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
maaaaaannnn
cats idolizing the game is what this should be about not a status symbol.
mad.gif

jb im disappointed but will continue to collect.

this reinstates whats erkd me all along but is nothing new.. 

money hunger and demand is the reason for price spikes and lesser quality. not surprised but sickened
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Lem

The price will continue to increase because of the hype, anticipation, or whatever of a particular release.  I personally don't care what JB does because as the consumer I have the right to buy or not to buy.  I've been a Jordan shoe fan since '86 and I've had them all at one time or another.  However, I realize that they are just shoes and  in the grand scheme of things that they don't really matter much.  
tired.gif
  I don't hate on people who pay 2-3 times what a shoe retailed for because it's their money.  You have to realize that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  And in the arena of shoe collecting you find many are willing to pay a pretty penny.  
ohwell.gif

this too.
we built the beast

wantin to rock gear is contagious tho so who's to blame 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by David328ci

Does Jordan Brand think it's going to become Burberry or Gucci? This is too much.
Their variant quality re-retros are flying out of stores with each subsequent price increase. They will continue to increase the price until rocking Jordans dies off and is no longer trendy.
Good point. Even though they are leading the market there prices are just climbing like they are offering some superior product. People pay top dollar for designer purses but not only the design you get unremarkable quality. These retros are missing it.

How much were the XVII's again? This trend started LONG ago...

Nike is just pushing to see how far it can go til the bleeding goes into full hemmerage

They went from 5 bones to 25 bones up.. thats just gangsta lol.. They are indeed going in on resellers but affecting the consumer at the same time.

But what about the Jordan Signature colors that people DONT want? Retailers will suffer that lose.

I'm really not surprised about this increase, to be honest I'm a little surprised that it isn't more. especially when nike brass is sitting there watching resale prices going through the roof they have to be thinking about trying to eat into those resellers profits.

I saw it coming, but im not happy about it at all. Jordan is just capitalizing on the position they are in. 90 percent of the retros they put out are highly sought after and they know it. I jsut wish the quality was a lil better for the price.

Originally Posted by Envy

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by David328ci

Does Jordan Brand think it's going to become Burberry or Gucci? This is too much.
Their variant quality re-retros are flying out of stores with each subsequent price increase. They will continue to increase the price until rocking Jordans dies off and is no longer trendy.
Good point. Even though they are leading the market there prices are just climbing like they are offering some superior product. People pay top dollar for designer purses but not only the design you get unremarkable quality. These retros are missing it.
Yea. the increases are gonna stop some people form buying, but most will still buy em. Its obvious amongst all the ppl who are really into jordans(i hate the term sneakerhead) that the quality has been subpar on retros. Does jordan not know this? or they dont care? I thought the cement 4s were actually better quality leather than i expected. Im hoping the cavs 4s will be legit when i get em at the end of the week. hopefully not cheap, crappy suede. We keep paying more and more for these kicks, Jordan needs to throw its loyal customers a bone and step up the quality. I wonder what it actually costs to manufacture a pair of foams, or a pair of concords. 

Didn't buy the white/cement 4s because of this. I was buying 4s for $110, the new prices are just ridiculous.

man.. for a recession people sure be spending lots of money on kicks. it's pretty simple in terms of pricing tho .. supply > demand = $$ .. demand >supply =$$$$

Man when I saw the initial $20 hike I was like

72716c63c0bbc943ecd84d1573f666f876dc71f0_r.gif

But Nike definitely did that so that they could justify the $5 price hike
30t6p3b.gif

People forgot they did the same thing with Retro III black flips last year as well as the concords. Not trying to justify it but still...not surprising

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

How much were the XVII's again? This trend started LONG ago...

You're right.

But IIRC, people weren't too impressed with the pricing of the XVII, they didn't move until retailers lowered the price a little, and the Coppers had a lower SRP to start off with.

I may be wrong on the last point. Aside from that, the XVII was pretty well made. At the time it was possibly one of the better performing Jordans around.

$175 plus retros? Not so sure. W/O being able to pinpoint exactly where, or to what extent, it just feels like JB have crossed the line... although they have been pretty close to it for a long time now.

Back
Top Bottom