AIR JORDAN 4 RETRO - WHITE/NEUTRAL GREY/MILITARY BLUE - 308497-105 - CONFIRMED 6/2012

Originally Posted by kimchee2go

from the toebox leather i felt.. probably just about the same as the 06's
any pics of the white/cement 4s, and the chicago and royal 10s?

Son of mars samples to the right of the military samples.

I didn't get to see these samples yet but if these don't release with plastic wings I'm passing. Leather wings and the same quality as before means these will be worst than the last release.

Originally Posted by kimchee2go

quick iphone picture of the 2012 military iv samples

the wings are not plastic* leather feels the same

Gre/Org XII's in the background
nerd.gif

^^ Sure looks like it, and they look GOOD! As for the military, Im surprised no one has complained about the color being changed from off white to white. I think it will make the shoe look better as off white is dull.

Originally Posted by bman207

Copped.. being that I didn't grab the 06 jams

Same here. I had so many chances to cop the 2006 pair and passed. After this, my OG colorways for that model will be complete.

Although i still have my 06 pair on ice, im getting these. 06's paint seem to crack easily so need a back up for the back up pair

JB....why in the H*LL do you release another classic colorway with alterations?
Why leather wings instead of the plastic wings? It just changes the optic/touch
of the whole shoe, causing me and other Air Jordan lovers to PASS
frown.gif

The Military samples from 2006 were identical to these with leather wings, and I'd bet that
this is the same sample pair.
We petitioned and got a GR with rubber wings and grey toe cap on shelves.

I'd be surprised if JB actually released these with leather wings since there were no quality issues
with the 06' rubber wings.

In 2006, I was about to purchase the Military IV retros and my non-sneakerhead buddy who accompanied me to Footlocker stopped me from doing so as the quality of the shoe was atrocious in his opinion. Looking at the trend of the things and the modifications made to the shoe - not a single retro IV will be purchased in '12.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Jordan Brand doesn't have to go away to put Nike Air on them. Why do the Banned 1's have Nike branding on the tongue? Why does every Jordan Brand box have a Nike swoosh? Why did 1999-2001 retros still have Nike Air branding after JB was established? It could be done, and your reasoning for why it can't has no basis in facts. The only thing I'll agree with is that it's not happening cause MJ sees all Jordan shoes as HIS, and believes they should exclusively feature JB branding. That's the funniest part: everyone hates on the company, but this comes down to the man himself. At the end of the day if MJ took his ego out of it, everyone would agree it's still Nike. Without Nike there is no Jordan Brand, not vice versa.

Well, because jordan brand is a sub companyof nike, just like lexus is a sub company toToyota.Indeed it is no justification to removeThe nike logos when all aj1 retros have tge swoosh and nike outsole, and all aj2 hightops have nikeAt the heel but jordan outsole.Does not make sense. They shouldDo the retros like before end of2001. Only new styles should have jumpmanReplacing the nike logos and called retro+ again!

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Well, because jordan brand is a sub companyof nike, just like lexus is a sub company toToyota.Indeed it is no justification to removeThe nike logos when all aj1 retros have tge swoosh and nike outsole, and all aj2 hightops have nikeAt the heel but jordan outsole.Does not make sense. They shouldDo the retros like before end of2001. Only new styles should have jumpmanReplacing the nike logos and called retro+ again!

Not a good comparison, IMO.   
The second part, I agree 100%.   OG colorways should retro the same, Nike Air and everything.  All new colorway should have a jumpman.  Loved how they did that back in the day, it made more sense. 

Back
Top Bottom