Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

I still think there will be releases at other retailers and SNKRS just like the previous release. Unless Union kept all of the stock and just released it through the in-store and global raffle. Regardless, I expect the same outcome as well.

I still think there will be releases at other retailers and SNKRS just like the previous release. Unless Union kept all of the stock and just released it through the in-store and global raffle. Regardless, I expect the same outcome as well.

SNKRS is possible but I’m dubious on other retailers getting it. This was for the store’s 30th anniversary so wouldn’t be surprised if they were just gonna do Union and SNKRS and call it a day.

I’m guessing there’s not another release on SNKRS. EA was probably it just like the TR1s. Hope I’m wrong but usually they put up the actual date either before or shortly after EA.

Ethics yes. And, being a small business, respect for customers that differs from the treatment a large corporation gives us. Gibbs did talk a good game on the complex podcast about this collab and they haven’t called it yet so maybe they’re trying to make it right. But if people are truthful about getting multiples, Gibbs was just talking.

Imagine being Union and not even addressing the current state of this release on Twitter... lol what a joke

They gain nothing addressing it. It'll just bring even more attention to it. If they address it and have no plans to remedy it, then it'll cause even more outrage because it'll sound like they're saying, "Yeah, we know we ****ed up, too bad."
If they leave it alone the current outrage will move on to something else.

He made his money regardless. Y’all make these brands seem like they have an almighty code.

yeah we wouldn't have that high of hopes if Union wasn't already so much about that "code" for the 1's release and the previous 4's release. We don't hold these same high standards for Travis or Virgil when they release their sneakers. But because Union and Chris Gibbs has done right by us before and shown that they cared and then to turn around and do a complete 180 is the reason why people are so mad. Yes they get their money regardless, but don't be about that "we care about getting these to the right people" and not stick by that word.

The success from the 2 prior releases had them feeling invincible, so in spite of the warnings they had to find out the hard way. I really can't believe that there have been 0 larger size Taupe wins even from what I've seen from people selling 20+ invoices on Twitter. I would figure there would have been more Taupes to go around from Union since it was the exclusive color.

yeah we wouldn't have that high of hopes if Union wasn't already so much about that "code" for the 1's release and the previous 4's release. We don't hold these same high standards for Travis or Virgil when they release their sneakers. But because Union and Chris Gibbs has done right by us before and shown that they cared and then to turn around and do a complete 180 is the reason why people are so mad. Yes they get their money regardless, but don't be about that "we care about getting these to the right people" and not stick by that word.

All this.

Look it ain’t nothing for me to pay resell for these, I go into every sneaker release that I want with the state of mind that I’m going to pay resell that’s the game now. If I get something at retail I’m happy, however with that said the only brand that has given a F about how shoes are released during this era of sneaker collecting totally didn’t give a sh** about the people that’s fine but don’t act like your some big “WE DO THIS FOR THE CULTURE” when you let this happen sweep it under the rug and move on.

Maybe they saw there was no benefit for "doing right" by the people. Maybe their business' bottom line and their social media engagement/brand awareness was probably still similar even after "doing right" by the people with those releases.

All this.

Look it ain’t nothing for me to pay resell for these, I go into every sneaker release that I want with the state of mind that I’m going to pay resell that’s the game now. If I get something at retail I’m happy, however with that said the only brand that has given a F about how shoes are released during this era of sneaker collecting totally didn’t give a sh** about the people that’s fine but don’t act like your some big “WE DO THIS FOR THE CULTURE” when you let this happen sweep it under the rug and move on.

We have no idea what goes on behind the scene. Nike could have said "Look Chris, no online drop, raffle only". Do you think Chris is going to point his finger at Nike and say they made him do it? People are going to complain either way anyways. Just look at every comment on any half hyped release, nothing but whining and complaining.

Union owes us nothing. They can release them however they want. You can choose to enter or not enter, support them, praise them, **** talk them, etc but lets be real, if Union drops something next year, everyone will line up for it again regardless if it's a raffle or online drop.

Also, I'm in my early 40s and i'm embarrased by grown men complaining about not being able to get a pair of shoes.

We have no idea what goes on behind the scene. Nike could have said "Look Chris, no online drop, raffle only". Do you think Chris is going to point his finger at Nike and say they made him do it? People are going to complain either way anyways. Just look at every comment on any half hyped release, nothing but whining and complaining.

Union owes us nothing. They can release them however they want. You can choose to enter or not enter, support them, praise them, **** talk them, etc but lets be real, if Union drops something next year, everyone will line up for it again regardless if it's a raffle or online drop.

Also, I'm in my early 40s and i'm embarrased by grown men complaining about not being able to get a pair of shoes.

Facts

It's Chris Jibbs and Onion now.
1624909867903.png

Well here’s the thing, no brand really owes any consumer anything, and it’s not about complaining. It’s about this “culture” thing guys throw around, if you don’t care about your consumer base don’t go on the Internet portraying you do. Listen if Gibbs and his team were just whatever about it and not going on podcasts and interviews raving about themselves like they created the word orange we wouldn’t care, but they do and we here to bash them about this release.

these colorways arent even that great. theyre different. the quality is better than we normally get.

sold the off noirs and didnt look back. taupes werent bad. but this release was bad.

they went from a good release for the regular joe blow, to a release catered for resellers. about as bad as the dior drop lol

Back
Top Bottom