Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
my pair
But...it's...only...one...shoe...

I don't know what it is, but this pic looks dope ! Yes it's real plain and simple, but something about it. Amazing pic ! Looking real good, can't wait for my delivery to come !

Last edited:
I don't care how many people have these

this is one of those shoes that I plan on wearing a lot

White cement 3s
flint 13s
grape 5s

these are the shoes I wear daily

The last pair of Vs I got was the last retro of the Metallic Silver Vs in 2011. This Grape release is the first time I felt that the shoe is terrible. The tongue on the shoe ruins the shoe for me. I was expecting the tongue to be, at least, like the Metallic Vs from 2011. I was cool with no 3M. This time around, however, they made a fluffy over cushioned tongue. The shoe looks fake. If the rest of the Vs this year are like this, it's going to be an easy pass.

Unless you're in school I doubt you'll see them everyday on someone. Maybe for the first few months but then they disappear.

I can't remember when was the last time I saw someone wearing the white cement 4's and they released just last year.

Ever since I started collecting back in the day I always hold off on wearing any new Jordan's for a few years unless its a durabuck shoe because those are made like tanks. Nothing like putting on a new older retro Jordan for the summertime :smokin

They are Grails because of what they mean to you, not because of what they are worth or how rare they are.

Bingo. People getting too caught up in production numbers and availability in determining what gets deemed a grail. Playoff XIs are grails to me regardless of how many were made or times retroed.

Grails are like fits they're different for each person.

The last pair of Vs I got was the last retro of the Metallic Silver Vs in 2011. This Grape release is the first time I felt that the shoe is terrible. The tongue on the shoe ruins the shoe for me. I was expecting the tongue to be, at least, like the Metallic Vs from 2011. I was cool with no 3M. This time around, however, they made a fluffy over cushioned tongue. The shoe looks fake. If the rest of the Vs this year are like this, it's going to be an easy pass.

That's how the tongue is supposed to be on these.
And what do you mean when you say that you were
Expecting the tongue to be like the metallics?
The tongues were always different on these two shoes.

anyone have any intel on restocks this week besides hibbett sports? was working sat so i missed out =(

Keep calm and wait for restocks.  BTW grails are what you like....I own almost all my grails.  September blue VI's only pair I cant find.

What? I. don't even know what to say. I bet your upset that the black/red 11s didn't have elephant print to right?
but anyway. I got super lucky with these yesterday. couldn't get out of work to line up but I ended up walking into Finishline and getting my pair 30 min before they closed. someone returned then and my homie texted me and let me know. I raced there and grabbed them. dudes gave me real stank faces when I bought them

Definitely not wearing these anytime soon. Might be months or well into next year before I do.

And if you all think the pics are corny now, I can only imagine the corniness we'll see when the black pair drops.

Was diggin thru the closet and found a smooth teal Nautica joint I forgot I had, perfect for these...as far as grails, to me, it's the ones that mean the most to you...going by what others think is hot or by how limited they were is mad corny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom