Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

^^ The black tongues you can find on ebay though. I picked up 2 pairs separately through ebay, and almost a 3rd pair.

As stated before, not fire red. Sole is clean but the sneaker looks completely funny. If anyone figures out what it is, please let me know!

I always called these white metallics whats up with these being called fire red I thought that was only the black tongue joints strictly

Last edited:
I always called these white metallics whats up with these being called fire red I thought that was only the black tongue joints strictly
Well the original name of the colorway was White/Black/Fire Red. These came out in February of 1990, and the ones you're talking about with the mostly Fire Red midsole came out in November of 1990 I'm pretty sure. So my guess is that people started calling this version the "Fire Reds" before the other ones came out. It is funny though, people say "Fire Reds" and nobody knows immediately which of these OG colorways they're talking about. 

Not at all a fan of the blue tint. Looks weird now, and can only imagine how weird it will look when the yellow sets in.
Is it just my eyes playing tricks on me, or does the toe box look a little long and funky?

Comparison to the OG mold is inconclusive, but something seems a little off
Maybe I've been ruined by all the stupid IV toe-box problems, but I always felt that the V's were one of the few shoes that JB managed not to ruin the shape, hope this isnt that start of that with the V's
Is it me or does those 2013 Fire Red Vs look like the 2011 Independance Day 5s in that pic?

^ They do!
Its the lighting though.
Making the midsole look navy instead of black.
lol IKR and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I just hope the newer pics be in better lighting because Im not completely sold on these and the 5s are my 2nd favorite Jordan model...

Yup homie up there is right these look exactly like the 4th of july 5s. EASY pass just like the 4th of july 5s were an easy pass.

THESE WENT FROM A COP TO A PROBABLY PASS.

STILL GOT MY CDP IN AWESOME SHAPE. PROBABLY JUST ROCK WITH THOSE UNTIL THE NEXT RETRO.

I'm glad they have the older retro look with the silver on the toung and not the black

Welcome to niketalk rookie :smile:
there are two AJ5 called firereds.
1. White/black-fire red which were released
During the ASG 1990 as the very first colorway
Of the AJ5. This colorway was retroed in 2000
And with slightly alterations as part of the CDP.
this one is coming back in 2013. But unlike the
OGs and previous retros, they will have varsity red
Instead of fire red which is less vibrant and darker.

2. White/fire red-black was released in late 1990
For the first half of the NBA season 1990/91.
these hada black tongue, fire red midsoles,
Black ridges and a 23 at the heel.
These were retroed in 2006, already with a
Jumpman at the heel and jordan lettering
On the outsole instead of nike.

Is the blue iced sole JBs attempt to stop yellowing? How are people's Concords doing?

was kind of hoping for the other fire red's
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom