Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

Everyone in the thread like......

9A53211E-270A-4575-BD1E-C350011DFA55.gif

NO LACES!!!!!!!

12DC4BDE-5BAF-421E-82A0-FBA7C4379A8B.gif

"Hmmm maybe I can punch some holes in 'em"

"It’s been stated by @23talk that the laceless “Grape” 5s are part of a pack that’s an official collaboration with Will Smith. The pack would also include themed shirts and hoodies."

To be quite honest I'm 50/50, the price of $190 (instead of $200) and the Nike Air branding are the positives. The negatives are the gimmicky aspects of the shoe. I want the original colorway (with laces, a lace lock, and Nike Air). If I'm able to secure a pair I will try to find a way to make them look decent. That Nike Air is just so beautiful. Why couldn't they just release the original colorway.

Will.gif

Just save your money my dude

:lol:

Knowing JB, they will give us the black infrared 6 with Nike air on the heel..............................as a low top :lol:

I hope you're wrong and they don't get any ideas. Granted, the Boudreaux 7s look pretty decent in a low but I gotta keep my JB collection as untainted as possible.

air-jordan-7-low-nrg-bordeaux-1.jpg

INFRARED_6_LOW_4.jpeg

Just save your money my dude

The Nike Air, the price, the colorway is iconic. We were so close to the original colorway but they had to do that gimmick with them. Just like with the 3s, they did it twice instead of releasing the original. That was literally a slap in the face.

Reactions: ARK
This is such a money grab by JB it aint even funny no more....Man some kid told me like a year ago Jays was dead....I didnt believe him....

Maybe they’re afraid that a GR grape release would sit. Only 2 of the 5 OG Nike Air remasters sold out. It’s not like each Nike Air release fly off the shelf.

Grape hype has not been as high as it was back in 2007-2009.

Who cares if it would sit? It still would sell pretty well if its a gr. Would it fly off? No, probably not. This lace less release is trying to gauge the hype of this shoe. It would probably compare to the aqua 8 2015. JB gotta get over the thought that their "Grails" are untouchable. Just release them correct and people will buy.

Maybe they’re afraid that a GR grape release would sit. Only 2 of the 5 OG Nike Air remasters sold out. It’s not like each Nike Air release fly off the shelf.

Grape hype has not been as high as it was back in 2007-2009.
Unless these are super limited, these gonna sit too...

Plus the folks who grew up on Fresh Prince not finna b rockin these things. We 30-40 years old now. Big fail IMO...but we’ll se I guess...

True blues sat longer than the aquas where i live. Metallics sat for a while too. Jordan brand doesnt like certain OGs sitting.

Last edited:
GR grapes would probably sit for a bit too. In my opinion, the First Day(s) sell out NA retros are the black y white cement 3 and 4, Carmine 6/Black Infra 6. The others wouldnt fly as quick and havent had as much hype.

I dont care about sitting, but JB does. At $200 I think theyd all sell better than at $220

GR grapes would probably sit for a bit too. In my opinion, the First Day(s) sell out NA retros are the black y white cement 3 and 4, Carmine 6/Black Infra 6. The others wouldnt fly as quick and havent had as much hype.

I dont care about sitting, but JB does. At $200 I think theyd all sell better than at $220

Jordan Brand does not care about shoes not selling out quickly. They already received they're money from the stores already, sneaker stores may care (because they may or may not receive maximum profit back) but not Jordan Brand.

Reactions: ARK
Jordan Brand does not care about shoes not selling out quickly. They already received they're money from the stores already, sneaker stores may care (because they may or may not receive maximum profit back) but not Jordan Brand.
They put out a statement saying that they do, which is why they SAID theyre limiting stuff in 2018. Im not sure if they actually cut numbers, but it seems that way compared to 2016. And they certainly do care about their products flying off shelves fast and being the first option for the average sneaker buyer

Data

They probably don't care as a point of pride.

But i'm sure they care how their product moves in the market as it is a piece of data among many that collectively helps inform them on how to make better moves in the future. Both for them & their buisness partners (footstores). Efficiency = $.

Like, the faster a shoe leaves the shelf, the quicker you can replace it with another one = $.

Last edited:
The grapes in 2013 moved from the shelves quickly and they had a jumpman. There is pent up demand for Nike Air on the OGs.

The only NA release that really “sat” (relative term) was the White/Maroon VI’s. Nice shoe but really a niche colorway even when it first dropped.

IMO, TB III’s didn’t sit. People were happily copping multiples cause the market was flooded. Think JB overestimated demand and simply made too many.

All NA releases have sold well and eventually sold out (including TB III’s).

So true. Nike Air or not, those are a disgrace. Complete trash.
Ya'll bugging with the true blue retro... the 01's will forever be the best but the retro that dropped a couple years back were pretty good... idk where ya'll got yours from but my pair is solid. Only wore them 2x and they still look DS... the leather is soft the midsole paint is solid... the only gripe is the cement pattern but it ain't that bad.. they are just as comfy as the 01's...

The only NA release that really “sat” (relative term) was the White/Maroon VI’s. Nice shoe but really a niche colorway even when it first dropped.

IMO, TB III’s didn’t sit. People were happily copping multiples cause the market was flooded. Think JB overestimated demand and simply made too many.

All NA releases have sold well and eventually sold out (including TB III’s).
2E14105E-2171-4A47-B21B-D4E5748E3020.gif

Where I live, the maroons sold quicker relative to their release date of than the true blue or metallic. And eventually selling out happens to most shoes that sit for months.

Back
Top Bottom