Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

2E14105E-2171-4A47-B21B-D4E5748E3020.gif

Where I live, the maroons sold quicker relative to their release date of than the true blue or metallic. And eventually selling out happens to most shoes that sit for months.

Maybe that was due to over supply?

They sat. They sat in many places. His statement about the maroons May be true in his area, but in many places that wasn’t the case.

Well over supply is the definition of sitting. I think a lot of people bought those releases but since there was a lot of pairs the remainder sat for a week. I recall everything sold eventually within a weeks time at least around my area as well. I think thats what has got Jordan brand to scale back on the quantity of shoes. We may be getting less shoes per release but were getting many more releases this year including collaborations, retros, etc.

Well over supply is the definition of sitting. I think a lot of people bought those releases but since there was a lot of pairs the remainder sat for a week. I recall everything sold eventually within a weeks time at least around my area as well. I think thats what has got Jordan brand to scale back on the quantity of shoes. We may be getting less shoes per release but were getting many more releases this year including collaborations, retros, etc.
I remember many passing because of price and the quality. Many stores had people not even show up for raffles and returning their pairs to let them sit for a discount. Many just didn’t buy. I bought my pair at DTLR for $190 on discount. Idc, it’s whatever

Reactions: ARK

I still find it funny that people think a shoe not selling out within a week means it didn’t do well which is so so soooo wrong. If this were the case then Nike should have never made it this far because over the past 20 years it’s never been all to difficult to find shops sitting on inventory that’s 5,10,15 or even 20 years old. I walked into a shop in Brooklyn in 2008 and they had a ton of Converse from the early 70’s and I’ve found Atleast 7 shops in New York that had hundreds of pairs of made in the USA chuck t’s from the 80’s and 90’s.

Sell out in a couple days . NRG are always produced in less numbers than GRs. Many don’t care about no laces and have resell dreams or will try to punch holes

Isn't that crazy though.. have to punch holes. lol

Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ trethousandgt trethousandgt

What do you guys think will happen with these laceless grapes?

I think they will sell out initially -because people will want to see them in hand-, from there depending on how hard it will be to punch holes in these or customize the tongue will be the true test. If customization will damage the shoe beyond repair of the average person then best believe they will be returned and or flooded on eBay. Overall consensus is that otherwise this was not a good idea on JB’s part. The double edged sword on this release is that if these don’t sell well I expect that more than likely we may never see Nike Air on a grape teal 5 again.

That tongue is also stitched to the lace hole area. If that can’t be unstitched, that could hurt too. Those interested better hope it’s like stitched patch pockets on suit jackets/sport coats that are functional once cut or unstitched.

This is the dumbest gimmick yet.

That tongue is also stitched to the lace hole area. If that can’t be unstitched, that could hurt too. Those interested better hope it’s like stitched patch pockets on suit jackets/sport coats that are functional once cut or unstitched.

This is the dumbest gimmick yet.
Since the pics of these dropped thats the one thing that stuck in the back of my mind. I saw all these cats on the IG pages saying they punching holes dgaf. But im thinking to myself "would yall even be able too?" That in itself tells me that they didnt bother taking a good observation of the shoe. . .

Since the pics of these dropped thats the one thing that stuck in the back of my mind. I saw all these cats on the IG pages saying they punching holes dgaf. But im thinking to myself "would yall even be able too?" That in itself tells me that they didnt bother taking a good observation of the shoe. . .
It would have to be flawless. No raw edges on the holes. Some holes are supposed to be ovals too.

It’s not impossible to do at all. But will the average person put the time and money into it?

It would have to be flawless. No raw edges on the holes. Some holes are supposed to be ovals too.

It’s not impossible to do at all. But will the average person put the time and money into it?

Yep, the holes are all oval/elongated on OG pairs. The eyelet holes should all be plastic too but these aren’t. Plus yeah the tongue is stitched to the upper. You would have to be perfect with the hole punching, rip out the stitching, AND hope the eyelets which aren’t plastic are able to support the tension of shoe strings from people tying their shoes. It really is a fail on the part of Nike/Jordan.

It will be interesting to see if people are willing to put that much time and effort into something that has to fix a $200 shoe.

Shouldn’t have to become a damn cobbler just to have the shoes the way they should be in the first place :smh:

I agree. Nothing wrong with customize a shoe to make it "more interesting". But to have to customize a shoe to make it "normal"?. Thats beyond my realm of tom foolery.

JB could have spent some time on creating a way to make it a hybrid with both options. Lord knows they spend alot of time making hybrid Frankenstein spizikes.

They could’ve had pre cut holes or something, with the material still in them, so you can ‘punch through’ the lace holes if you’d like, or keep it as is

They could’ve had pre cut holes or something, with the material still in them, so you can ‘punch through’ the lace holes if you’d like, or keep it as is
And then have the laces and locks sit in a separate bag like how they do SB dunks. Yo these ****** dropped the ball like on everything else :smh:

Yep, the holes are all oval/elongated on OG pairs. The eyelet holes should all be plastic too but these aren’t. Plus yeah the tongue is stitched to the upper. You would have to be perfect with the hole punching, rip out the stitching, AND hope the eyelets which aren’t plastic are able to support the tension of shoe strings from people tying their shoes. It really is a fail on the part of Nike/Jordan.

It will be interesting to see if people are willing to put that much time and effort into something that has to fix a $200 shoe.
Hey man, youre forgetting one thing in all of this though. Fresh Prince bruh *fartnoise*

Back
Top Bottom