Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

Wish they had laces like when Prince wore em on the show :frown:
53018-1532336916.jpg

If yall want og grapes then buy em. Its meant to be a special shoes even with laces it wouldnt be OG. They would added or changes something. Looks fine to me. I'm sure they'll be super limited anyway

Why don't yall just cop an older pair and take the laces out
Or take the laces out of your current ones

Wouldnt Laceless grape 5s WITH holes be more accurate to what was depicted on tv

It's not worth the Nike air

Wish they had laces like when Prince wore em on the show :frown:

I don't know how I feel about this laceless NRG but to be fair as "The Fresh Prince" he wore Grape Vs & Fire Red Vs laceless, I think I even remember he even wore some high Doc Martens leather boots without laces. That was kind of his signature flair or style addition, like Kris Kross wearing their jeans backwards. It was the late 80s and early 90s, people, especially the Fresh Prince himself, thought adding a goofy hat or half-buckled overalls to an outfit made it lit.

The Grape Vs show up prominently in promo shots for the show and, they're laceless.

rexfeatures_3877051k.jpg

I don't know how I feel about this laceless NRG but to be fair as "The Fresh Prince" he wore Grape Vs & Fire Red Vs laceless, I think I even remember he even wore some high Doc Martens leather boots without laces. That was kind of his signature flair or style addition, like Kris Kross wearing their jeans backwards. It was the late 80s and early 90s, people, especially the Fresh Prince himself, thought adding a goofy hat or half-buckled overalls to an outfit made it lit.

The Grape Vs show up prominently in promo shots for the show and, they're laceless.

rexfeatures_3877051k.jpg

I dont understand the point you're making. All of us know he wore them laceless. He also wore them with laces too as a picture above showed. So it's a bit of one with a bit of the other. A simple nod to Fresh Prince like the insole and the West Philly on the tongue would've been enough while still providing the laces and lace lock in the box.

But yeah as we get closer to release time people are starting to be accepting to the gimmick.

-or-

Should I say willing to buy them with the gimmick.

The option to wear 5s laceless has always been there
For almost 20 years now lol

I don't ever recall seeing anyone do that the entire time with all the retros
I would imagine a FEW people did but not alot.

So why all of a sudden is this a look people want

Reactions: ARK
The option to wear 5s laceless has always been there
For almost 20 years now lol

I don't ever recall seeing anyone do that the entire time with all the retros
I would imagine a FEW people did but not alot.

So why all of a sudden is this a look people want

I’ve worn my V laces when I was in High school, but you know I was in high school

I dont understand the point you're making. All of us know he wore them laceless. He also wore them with laces too as a picture above showed. So it's a bit of one with a bit of the other. A simple nod to Fresh Prince like the insole and the West Philly on the tongue would've been enough while still providing the laces and lace lock in the box.

But yeah as we get closer to release time people are starting to be accepting to the gimmick.

-or-

Should I say willing to buy them with the gimmick.

Its the fact that its happening and we dont have mo damn choice if u actually wanted OG Grapes with Nike Air, this is it

Might put holes for laces, might not, but those last pics do look very clean

Back
Top Bottom